Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
THCV talk
    #3682186 - 01/26/05 09:43 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

With all of this THCV talk going around recently, anyone thought about isolating it?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: THCV talk [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #3682220 - 01/26/05 10:04 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

not really, it would be interesting though breeding a strain that contains mostly THCV :cool:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: THCV talk [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #3682230 - 01/26/05 10:07 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ledzepln86 said:
With all of this THCV talk going around recently, anyone thought about isolating it?

Granted, this is assuming THCV is the most psychadelic cannabinoid...  It just "seems" so right now.  :o

On the other hand,
Quote:

stefan said:
not really, it would be interesting though breeding a strain that contains mostly THCV :cool:

This is indeed something I am trying to do in my life :smile:

--------------------
delta9

Anonymous

Re: THCV talk [Re: delta9]
    #3682289 - 01/26/05 10:37 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Its been done.

And the breeder likes regular herb better.

Anonymous

Re: THCV talk [Re: Organic]
    #3682290 - 01/26/05 10:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I have varieties that are pure THCV over 10% by dry weight, with non of the other Cannabinoids. Believe me you do not want them, THCV is maybe 1/4 THC's activity, and not better in any way. I thought THCV might be better until I tried it. It is crap.

Quote:

I used a Hewlett Packard 6890GC with auto-sampler and dual injection ports. I had THCV, THC, CBD, CBC, CBG, CBDV, CBCV standards to calibrate the GC. The results are accurate for sure. HPLC is used to determine the acid Cannabinoid % Vs the decarboxylized Cannbinoids %, a GC is faster and better for just straight Cannabinoid %'s. As long as you do not need the two fractions separate.

The THCV variety had very small amounts of THC.

I think the differences you are seeing are not due to Cannabinoids, most western bred Cannabis is just THC, both Indicas and Sativas, the differences come from the 120+ terpenes found in Cannabis. Sativas and Indicas have very different terpenes. And as you say Sativas are often clear speedy and mental, while Indicas can be physical, narcotic, and can put you to sleep.
You want Haze or Thai or other equatorial varieties, the stronger the better, with no indica hybrids, if you can find them.

Anyone interested needs to go here:
http://overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=566846

Schools out  :rolleyes:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: THCV talk [Re: Organic]
    #3682382 - 01/26/05 11:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

A lot of this stuff is really still out in the unknown, from the same thread:
Quote:

THCV (tetrahydrocannabivarin) is largely accepted as what contributes to some "psychedelic" highs. It is most prevalent in sativas, especially African sativas. As NoS pointed out, it is much more potent than the normal tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)

So because one guy produced a strain with high amounts of THCV and very low amounts of THC and decided it was "crap", I will theorize there must be a balance, as surely the THCV and THC synergize to bring the full psychadelic effects.  Remember, it is generally accepted to be a potent psychadelic cannabinoid - he's not the first guy to ever do research on it, so obviously other people have gotten more...  encouraging?...  results than he did.

School is never really out :rolleyes:

--------------------
delta9

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: THCV talk [Re: delta9]
    #3682684 - 01/26/05 12:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well considering the multiplicity of confounding variables from comparing smoking different kinds of herb, until a double blind test is preformed with the pure synthed chems on people with no tolerance school will always be out.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
Re: THCV talk [Re: d33p]
    #3746776 - 02/07/05 07:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, i just got this really good weed that i combined with a low 3rd plat dxm and i lived my entire life over in my head from a god standpoint and saw the universe. I have done dxm and weed before, both in higher quantities than this time. I am wondering if i could have gotten this strange THCV that has been talked about. Cause i was talking to the kid i bought it from today, and at first he said it might be laced, then said it wasnt, then said his supplier said their was something unique about this batch of weed, so i dont really know.

so is their any update on this?

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

Edited by EternalMetal (02/07/05 07:35 PM)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: THCV talk [Re: EternalMetal]
    #3747157 - 02/07/05 08:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

EternalMetal said:
Well, i just got this really good weed that i combined with a low 3rd plat dxm and i lived my entire life over in my head from a god standpoint and saw the universe. I have done dxm and weed before, both in higher quantities than this time. I am wondering if i could have gotten this strange THCV that has been talked about. Cause i was talking to the kid i bought it from today, and at first he said it might be laced, then said it wasnt, then said his supplier said their was something unique about this batch of weed, so i dont really know.

so is their any update on this?

I think you're wasting your time. Not to be a jackass, but there's just far too many variables, and yeah. Yeah...

I hate going to overgrow because the fucking forum's filled with so many twats and useless, redundent threads. Wish there was a way to silkscreen all the gems.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience