Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Any Suggestions for a guy like me?
    #3681637 - 01/26/05 01:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am a very weird guy. I don't appear to be that weird i think, in outter appearence.
But the fact is, I am on a whole 'nother level in my mind.
And needless to say i get overwhelmed and frustrated living in an industrial capitalist society.
No matter how i try, i cannot relate to alot of the lifestyles/world views of the people around me.
It has made me nearly unemployable. I can't put up with the "games" involved with clerk and customer; salesman and client.
I am able to function, but at the expense of my integrity and sincerity.
I can't go on like this. It just brings me further and further away from my "center".

This all very difficult to explain.
But what i am asking for is a few things i think.
1. Do any of you relate...? i hope i'm not alone.
2. How can a person with a "deeper side" function in a superficial setting, and still maintain peace of mind and pure intent.
3. Enlighten me to some possible paths in this world which i can acheive a livelihood and feel true to myself and the way of the world.

I have pure intentions mostly. But i am not a very strong person and am easily manipulated. The attitudes and desires of the people I interact with get reflected off of me like a mirror. My soul just cant stand its ground for some reason.

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: Great Scott]
    #3682108 - 01/26/05 06:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i hear ya dude...
im the same way except that i am extremely hard to manipulate...
i think all shroomerites prolly have at least a touch of this...

what u need is peaple around u who are the same way...
if u can talk to them on a level of depth that is satisfactory it will make all those other idiots less relevant...
the biggest problem is not that they are there and u are different...
the problem is the fact that u are so often dependant on their oppinions...

also u need to remember this:
they are wrong and your are right.

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3682340 - 01/26/05 09:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

1. Hell no you're not alone. I feel this way and no some of friends do. Its sad because some of them have gone into deep depressions because they feel so isolated even though I try my hardest to explain and sympathise with them.

2. Use this view to your advantage. You have the ability to think outside of the box thus you can work out the silly games and thier possible outcomes. You can learn to play them better than anybody else because you are aware of their existance.

3. Im not sure on this one yet but once you start standing your ground you will realise its easier than you think and you will be able to do it more and more. People usually respond with respect when you stand your ground, its quite surprising!

--------------------

Invisibledorkus
Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? *DELETED* [Re: Great Scott]
    #3682947 - 01/26/05 12:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: dorkus]
    #3683090 - 01/26/05 12:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I was thinking about a couple plans for independence :smile:
Live in the wilderness, grow pot.  Sell the pot, have money for supplies and food that i am unable to forage and hunt for myself.
Or start up a dog care center.  A little peice of land where dog owners can drop off their pets while they go on vacation or something.
Sure i'd have to deal with clients some of the time.  But most of the day is spent being with DOGS!! that would be very humbling and genuine i think.  Not to mention a lot of fun.  I love dogs

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3683898 - 01/26/05 03:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Wow.

For a very casual moment, I wasn't able to discern whether I was reading something I had unknowingly posted. Those same thoughts run through my own head... for years I've been thinking up ideas on how I could establish permanent independence from a society that I cannot sincerely reside in with happiness. Living in with nature sounds very ideal and great, but in this country you'd be faced with countless legal issues lest you find a way to evade the law for your whole life. It's so unfortunate that we live in a Big Business society that will continue with VERY little opposition for an indefinate amount of time.. and if you don't want to play the capitalism game in these "modern countries" you'll be forced to live famished in the streets or in be thrown in prison.

Sorry if I sound dreary and defeated, but I am. To me, a dream like this seems impossible to reach, but then again I am very unwise and youthful. Maybe you could live on an Indian reservation... or acquire a large amount of wooded land... or live in a national park. Maybe you should move to the vast human continent of Asia where capitalism is less prevalent. Tsunami relief in Thailand?

I hope you can persue your dream and keep in touch with the shroomery! Now excuse me while I call one of my "friends" where I am manipulated by the insincere happiness that is required to continue this relationship in a healthy manner.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Edited by SocietyRejects (01/26/05 03:40 PM)

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: Society]
    #3683931 - 01/26/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have the very same desires. I want to learn carpentry, plumbing, and electrical engineering so I can build my own house. I want to learn how to survive in the wilderness (besides having a backpack with a week's supplies) for at least a long summer. I want to be free to create my own music and paintings and sculpture without having to worry if someone will buy it or not. Someday I envision myself living in the country in a house that I built, complete with sensory deprevation chamber, sunroom, atrium, green house, pot garden, you get the idea. The idea of being a mindless consumer for the rest of my days is not very appealing. Television is getting harder and harder to watch. Something about this society gives me the willies; don't worry you are not alone!

--------------------

Edited by SWEDEN (01/26/05 03:42 PM)

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3683986 - 01/26/05 03:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

dude i already castrated my TV...
its like that pink floyd song...
just another brick in the wall...

i dont think u have to be fully independant.
but if u can take care of 10% of the bills independantly u will have the room to breathe that u need.
it is the absence of this that keeps everyone blinded..
peaple let themselves be lived because they are scared of loosing their shit all the time...
they dont have room to breathe and so no time to develop the conciousness to a point where they are able to recognise the stupid nature of the ratrace they are in...
if u can just take away the urgency and not have to worry about your food in the near future, then at least ure mind will be somewhat free...

--------------------
My homepage

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3683989 - 01/26/05 03:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think alot of people struggle with these feelings at some point in their life.

You have to accept a few things in order to "go on:"

1.  the world is not going to change, and you're not responsible for it's current "state"

2. you only have one life, and you have free will.  so you have to decide what it is that brings you inner happiness.

3.  combining #1 and #2, sort out the good in the world and the bad, and choose your path

thats very simple I realize, but when I felt down about the current state of the world you just have to ask, what can I do?  should I do something?  and decide the answer to that for yourself.  Just live in a way that satisfies your being and you'll have a good life.

it's so hard to not be a part of the "machine" these days.  it's corrupted everything we do in life now :frown:  i feel your pain.

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3684195 - 01/26/05 04:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yea i get what you're saying.  Acceptance is about the best you can do in a sticky situation.
Its funny though, i'm not really all that emotional or stressed out over any of it.  Haven't really been for about a year now.  :smirk:
Its sort of a career quest i think.
There's just so many possibilities for a human being on this planet!  :wink:
Its just ridiculous how we as a collective decide to spend our lives.
I'm confident i will figure out a way out though  :tongue2: mark my words, i wont have my life run by anything other than nature itself.  priest and politician can eat a dick

--------------------

Offline3eyes
Citizen of Earth
    #3684200 - 01/26/05 04:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i was in the same position asy ou. sorry you'll have to play the game of LIFE. what i do is "speak" the same language as them if you're having conversations, don't go off in a tangent talking something they can[t relate to. Don't exaggerate what you talk about. Find something interesting that you can engage with them about.

i tend to get manipulated easily at first because i am pretty trusting and sincere and then i realise the people you don't "relate" to are always trying mind fuck you with jokes(half truths too) when i thought they were telling me the truth and had good intentions with everything they say or do.... What i do is reflect it back to them too and making sure it doesn't pass the line or get too nasty. Don't say too much either, cos they'll end up quoting you and spread gossip about you like wild fire!

OfflineEarthAngel
Tripper

Loc: New Zealand
Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: 3eyes]
    #3684865 - 01/26/05 06:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If you keep in mind, we are all one energy,there is no you or me or them.
We are all one.
I think the feeling of isolation is due to have opened another "void" in you mind, people who arent lucky enough to, dont understand..you know this,therefore your making yourself believe you are seperate,you are putting yourself there.
Our minds are sacred.
Noone can even begin to understand what goes on in anothers.
Thats great!! I wouldnt want anyone to be able to see inside my mind, or be the same as me. Understand you are in control, but yet you have no control.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: EarthAngel]
    #3685006 - 01/26/05 07:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

1. the world is not going to change, and you're not responsible for it's current "state"

but the world is changing... and there is no1 else to blaim.
its eaysy to say we should all go live in a shack up in the forest...
but im afraid theres not enuff forest...
and runing away from a problem never changed it... ull wake up some day to find that the city will catch up with u.
alot of the frustration comes from the idea that u have no power to change anything. this is wrong. we all have the power. we all have the only power that realy means anything.
think about it... the president does no work, fights no wars...
the only reason he has any power at all is because there are alot of peaple willing to follow him. the masses of sheeple are submitting themselves to this situation because we are evading our responsibility.
who will ever show them an alternative if not us?

--------------------
My homepage

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3685150 - 01/26/05 07:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Im the same as you but I found my niche atleast for now. Im a repair tech and one of the best of 12 that work at my company. Im good with people but not around the whole scuffle of being a salesmen. Nevertheless, they pretty much keep me in the back, feed me mushrooms under the door with my O-scope and DMM. I get own room with all the components and equipment I need. Im pretty much secluded from the rest of the store but I get paid a shit load more than the other techs.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #3689196 - 01/27/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I can relate, do people around you know?

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: Fliquid]
    #3689214 - 01/27/05 03:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

know what?

--------------------

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #3689231 - 01/27/05 03:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well let me tell you this, they also see the things you see. But somehow they never keep that memory for long. Some people do keep it and view everything through it as a filter.

You still need some tweaking, your feelings will change. And make things more bearable for you. You're still adapting yourself and your environment.  :thumbup:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: dorkus]
    #3689448 - 01/27/05 04:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dr_mandelbrot said:
The worst thing is to realise that other people just can't and won't ever understand you. They seem to speak a different language. Communication is never truly possible, we always hear only our own thoughts. This can be frustrating, and has always driven me totally insane. But I know it's just my over-inflated ego wanting everyone to understand what I understand, and see things my way, because I believe it to be the right way. Of course I believe it to be the right way, if not I would have believed in another way, ya know?

THANK you for that! I feel the same way but have trouble convincing others of it's truth.

--------------------

OfflineMajestic
M.I.A.
 User Gallery

Loc: Florence, Oregon
Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: abhi]
    #3706657 - 01/31/05 05:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

People that are part of the system can't speak your language and you can't speak theirs. Everyone feels like since at one point we all were about the same, that since some of us develop higher understanding and others stick to the more pre-programmed emotional and primal states, that one is living differently then the other. What's wrong with being part of the system if you follow a good path? I lived inside my mind since I was about 12, and this has become worse and worse. Ive become highly analytical, philosophical and intelligent, but all for what? Maybe a few ultimately become happier by developing this, but I think that reflects on your ego in a negative way. Just try to help others live positively and dont judge them so readily cause they are so routine. They judge you for trying to understand everything so much and appear to be better then them.

There really is ignorance in bliss, and what is wrong with being happy in the 'now' and seeing things with your senses instead of with your analysis? Your intelligence would lead you to believe your just fooling yourself and that acceptance of happy is weak and fake...but who is fooling who? Stop thinking so much and start doing...I think anyone who thinks too much can fit into a 'mental disorder' =P ~D

--------------------
"The Oracle at Delphi is quite possibly real...
I watched a documentary on it on Discovery channel."  -Darcho

People will always be tempted to wipe their feet,
on anything with 'welcome' written on it.

:regularshroom:?:regularshroom: "mushroom, what?"
_\ -/_

OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Any Suggestions for a guy like me? [Re: Majestic]
    #3706817 - 01/31/05 08:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's all like Chief Bromdens "combine" in one flew over the cuckoos nest. I'm sick of the hustle bustle of this society just like most of us, but I'm good at it. I think I'm one of the best actors I know. Dealing with customers should require a degree in acting, that's all it is.
Maybe in Canada I'll find my home someday....

Peace and Love,

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order