Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDK1
Male
Shroom Grow Room
    #3677897 - 01/25/05 01:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A friend of mine is interested in setting up a whole room to mass produce shrooms aprroximately 10'x8'x8' (LxWxH). He was wondering what would be the best way to do this. Probably going to need some type of humidification, any ideas? Also the room will have plastic sheeted walls, ceiling, floor. Going to hang a single flourescent strip light from the ceiling, above the plastic. The light will be on a timer 12/12. Don't really need to worry about heat because temp stays a steady 76 degrees fahrenheit. He is going to get seed trays for large casings and set them up on shelves. He's not sure if he should use straw or a 50/50+ mixture, which is better for mass production? Probably going to have to make a flow hood with a HEPA filter to keep the room free from contams, right? Everything sound alright so far? I saw a picture once of such a setup but haven't found a tek for it. Any other ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Shroom Grow Room [Re: DK1]
    #3677914 - 01/25/05 01:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey mods why don't we get a grow room design and set up section on here. Where ppl can post pics and talk about there setup.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Shroom Grow Room [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #3677934 - 01/25/05 01:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i been thinking about this use wood to make trays, then make it so they can stack, and air can move about on top. then [put down plastic and use a hose with holes in it as a bubble wand. get a higfh pressure pump for the air and throw down sum perlite. a large fan behind that should move the humidity about.

then just use huge poo casings to fruit. they should grow right in the air.

hook up a HEPA flow vent too and automize temps and light.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3677944 - 01/25/05 01:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thick plastic(Visqueen) on all the walls, floor, ceiling and entrance...cause you want the room to stay humid.

If possible make an entrance to the room that is double door'd...this can cut down on contams...you can scrub up in this entrance room.
To make the doors...run the plastic down and overlap both peices of plastic in the middle...that way you would have to pull the plastic to the side to get into the room.

Duct tape will hold the plastic up.

I was going to make a room like you are talking about making.

I use green houses instead.

Good luck!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinejc_illenium
undesirable
Loc: earth
Re: Shroom Grow Room [Re: Roadkill]
    #3677979 - 01/25/05 01:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

building with wood could get pretty expensive, just buy those closet organizer shelves. DO you have a tepe?

--------------------
on my knees and burnin
my piss and moans the fuel that
set my head on fire
smell my soul its burnin

InvisibleDK1
Male
Re: Shroom Grow Room [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3677990 - 01/25/05 01:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

4hodmt said:
i been thinking about this use wood to make trays, then make it so they can stack, and air can move about on top. then [put down plastic and use a hose with holes in it as a bubble wand. get a higfh pressure pump for the air and throw down sum perlite. a large fan behind that should move the humidity about.

then just use huge poo casings to fruit. they should grow right in the air.

hook up a HEPA flow vent too and automize temps and light.

I don't think my friend will be putting a layer of perlite down on the ground because then he wouldn't be able to walk in the room... For humidity he was thinking about using a real humidifier but he's not sure what kind to use for that size room and such. For shelves in the picture that I saw the trays were on towered plastic shelves probably about 2'x4'x5' and only about 2 or 3 shelves per stand, any better ideas for shelves?

InvisibleDK1
Male
    #3677992 - 01/25/05 01:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

He is blocking a section of a room off in a larger room.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3678014 - 01/25/05 01:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Don't use wood.

Hard to clean...and if they get messy you might get contams off the woods surface...into your clean room.

mold grows on wood.

If you do use wood...use painted wood.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:

InvisibleDK1
Male
    #3678043 - 01/25/05 01:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

then the shelves will have to be plastic.

Offlineazurescens
    #3678096 - 01/25/05 02:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I was never a big fan of posting on a public forum that you're intending to construct a room for large amounts of ILLEGAL substances but it's your friend who's looking at the time not me.  That being said, you can use PVC for the shelves and the venting if yu desire.  That size room is going to need a larger than normal humidifier.  An 8 gallon one should work fine just make sure it's not cool mist.  It's hard to find a cool mist that can achieve high humidity levels.  Or you could use a few regular humidifiers to do the room.  If you are serious about a good room then the walls can be covered with FPR I think it is.  It's antibacterial and can be found at Home Depot for like $7 for an 8x4 sheet.  Plastic works fine too I guess.  I look forward to seein pics if you put any up.  Seriously though be careful.  Anyone on these boards can see your IP address.  I'd throuw it up here now but that wouldn't be right :tongue:  This is of course you're in another country where it is legal to grow such things.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Shroom Grow Room [Re: azurescens]
    #3678127 - 01/25/05 02:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey how can I see his IP? :lol:

BTW as long as you (DK1) are wondering what to use "straw OR 50/50+" you need some reading!

--------------------

InvisibleDK1
Male
Re: Shroom Grow Room [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3678166 - 01/25/05 02:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yes, my friend he lives in Canada :stoned:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3678193 - 01/25/05 02:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Roadkill

Was your greenhouse outside or in? If outside did the sun help control contam's? I've been thinking of something like this.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroom Grow Room [Re: KaptKid]
    #3678200 - 01/25/05 02:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Inside

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Brainiac said:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Shroom Grow Room [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3678209 - 01/25/05 02:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with azure, Even I can find your ip w/ no problem. You might wanna fix that sometime :laugh:

Anyways, Yea, having a big ass room that you can't hide doesn't sound like to much fun, if it's illegal there and you've got a nice job and kids, you might want to reconsider....but if not...

Then go with what azure said, sounds like it'd work out.

-Gl

-Gnostic

InvisibleDK1
Male
Re: Shroom Grow Room [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3680637 - 01/25/05 10:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineMycoChode
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3680752 - 01/25/05 11:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

He never said what kind of shrooms he was going to grow. Last time I checked "Button Shrooms" were legal pretty much everywhere. I myself couldn't imagine anyone really growing illegal mushrooms.

InvisibleDK1
Male
Re: Shroom Grow Room [Re: MycoChode]
    #3688165 - 01/27/05 11:05 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

My friend said that he's not going to make a grow room anymore, but am I right in assuming that mold is almost inevitable when building a room, especially when the room is carpeted with plastic covering it. Does anyone have a better idea for flooring over carpet?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies