Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineheadset
Stranger
Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss.
    #3680500 - 01/26/05 12:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

(if this is located in the wrong place - please move. Thanks!)

Alright...

So for a long time ive experienced visuals while falling asleep - it first started out with my eyes half closed, and id often see a *clear* but noticable outline of something like a cartoon figure running back and fourth, hitting things, tumbling... etc.

Then after smoking salvia and getting some weirder perspectives on the nature of reality - they've expanded. VERY regularily ill see... spinning objects - like a giant cog in a machine spinning - black... moving closer to me, and eventually through me... Sometime's they are shooting line's out of the notches on the cogs... Anyways, theyve expanded to the point where everything is overlayed with translucent patterning *like my salvia trip* and occassionally machine intelligences... let say "a spinning cylinder with particular characterists" floats through the translucent patterning... and then starts *shooting* flatness over everything *like the sheets/flattness* of salvia before breaking through *to the otherside*... I took got enveloped in the cell's that make up reality... somewhat accompaniing feelings (psychosomatic or intuitional?) Anyways... Last nite there was a creek in my door frame and all of a sudden the most intense flash of Pink and black line's (with undistinguishable details) filled my closed vision and went through my body. And today was weird...

Maybe im looking into things a bit too much. But i often feel im seeing "the fabric of reality" and that discarnate geometrical entities have interest in me....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepurpledropper
ishdunkenflunked
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: headset]
    #3681085 - 01/26/05 01:59 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ive experienced things similar to that but not nearly as dramatic.  once you start to fall asleep your cognitive brain shuts off and your imagination runs wild if you still are sort of conscious. Have you ever lucid dreamed? I use to do try and do that quite a bit and your desrciption reminds me of it. I'm pretty sure your not going crazy though. :crazy2: Well anyway I hope that i helped. Have a good one.

--------------------
"Now there's a look in your eyes like black holes in the sky."

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: purpledropper]
    #3681133 - 01/26/05 02:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Lucky you. You have something to keep your mind occupied while you're drifting off. that's pretty cool if you ask me =)

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: BloodNOil]
    #3681195 - 01/26/05 02:22 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

When I was a kid and falling asleep I'd get cartoon like visuals, mostly a bunch of spiralling spheres of different color.

The other night I was in bed and trying to get lost in my thoughts and cev's and then all of the sudden a pair of human eyes were staring right back at me (I was nowhere near falling asleep btw). Scared me so much I shot straight up and ran to the lights.

InvisibleAdden
David Reishi Fan Club
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: Noetical]
    #3681229 - 01/26/05 02:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I do my best to create CEV's when I have trouble sleeping.

First it takes some effort, but after awhile, it just goes by itself. Fuckin incredible. I'm glad I got into psychedelics. The light shows, even when sober, are intense.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: Adden]
    #3681439 - 01/26/05 03:09 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm, The thing is - None of these are CEV's all open eye'd. They have a very distinct nature and feeling - id would classify them as independent - and me as "tuning in" or "turning off the filters".

Because of my reading of Seth - I am under the beleif that discarnate entities appear in geometrical form through our perceptive mechanisms and i speculate strongly that the transitionary layers or curtains if you will, may take that form aswell.

With salvia when everything goes 2d, and is formed of *cells*... i perceive reality as a *blanket* ... I think other realms have these blankets aswell, in geometric form.

These geometries carry intuitional message's with them - not translatable into language - but the best i can do is - that they make me aware that they are there... and that i can draw them closer if i concentrate/ask questions. I have the unshakable feeling that if i *go through* the *blanket* there lay the other realm.

Now, whats interesting is - that while writing this currently, i am experiencing the geometries...

I suppose i am offering a proposal that the patterning visuals of mushrooms and LSD - are innate, and truly there... the dividers between the multilayered realms of existence within the same space.

The thing is.... one must endure through, and accept these ideas, the stronger they develop and the more they show. Fear - ie. *shooting up to turn on the lights* - only hinders your own progress with the possiblities available.

The independent nature of the visuals and the feels attached point me towards the idea that they are infact there with or without me - and perhaps they have *allowed* me to see them... i also have a feeling of knowing there is MUCH MORE. (which i know anyways, but through this particular avenue.)

While i think im crazy anyways, im just a tad saner' than most people... from my own experiences i subscribe strongly to the idea's of mckenna and lilly, especially with *contact*...

I just wonder if my mind is manifesting and looking too hard through this empty heart for something to grab onto or if i am gifted/burdened with knowing there's more and being able to pursue it...

I appologize, i had a fantastic response lost when my computer restarted. *sadness.*

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3681901 - 01/26/05 05:33 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

you are seeing the "fabric of reality" - your reality.
the shapes, sheets, membranes, spirals, repetitions and cyliners are all visual detection program sequences which do play normally as you navigate in your waking "sleep" (life skills: walking picking up things & playing nintendo)
here in your sleeping "wakefulness" your fabric is engaged against activity in the brain that would otherwise be background - foreground and background threasholding is what you have stepped over.
I like it like that.
it will return to normal in a couple of weeks and even if it never does, it's OK.

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3682989 - 01/26/05 02:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Alot of times when I smoke pot before going to bed, I get closed eye visuals until I fall asleep. It happened just the other night. Smoked a couple bowls out of my bubbler, stayed up for a while. Then I felt tired so I went to bed. While sitting in bed, I was still awake, but my body felt really tired. So when I had my eyes closed I would see faint objects and patterns swirling and morphing. I could kind of direct what I wanted to see and all that. It was a good time.

BTY....what exactly is "Lucid Dreaming"?

--------------------
"They call it a trip because it takes you places"
~TC

All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: deadHead321]
    #3686996 - 01/27/05 02:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

lately i hallucinate all the time. ESPECIALLY on fractal images. i see them waving around, especially when they are in the corner of my eye. i have always had cev's. from when i was 8 it was the only thing that could allow me to go to sleep. seeing myself sucked through blackhole after blackhole finally allowed me to fall asleep.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineMattEx
Psychonaut
Male
Loc: New Zealand
Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: deadHead321]
    #3687403 - 01/27/05 04:58 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Lucid Dreaming is a state where you are concious in the dreamstate and are able to control what happens.

For about a year now I have been able to force my mind into doing quite alot of things, like CEV's when falling to sleep as you guys have also been able to. The main one I haven't been able to understand is like this: I might feel not so good. I concentrate in a certain way (can't explain) and it's like a tap opens in my brain. Like a tap of happiness, actually feels like a release of fluid in my head. No idea why i'm able to do this, all I know is its great :smile: .

Offlinemushroom_lout
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: MattEx]
    #3687918 - 01/27/05 11:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've been having of OEV's and CEV's recently. Sometimes when im in lectures just blankly staring at the wall they come on quite strong to the point were the space in between an object and my eyes just becomes kind of fuzzy and i begin to see moving patterns.

Its a very strange thing, not something I enjoy, especially when it lingres for hours.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: mushroom_lout]
    #3688365 - 01/27/05 02:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Alright - so to the main purpose - what is the nature of these visuals/what do they mean..

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3688504 - 01/27/05 02:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well, you could spend the whole rest of your life on that question, my friend. Don't look to the outside for answers. They will only delude you. People don't know anything. Only you yourself knows anything.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: mecreateme]
    #3688596 - 01/27/05 03:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sure I posted in this thread earlier...

Anyway, they're hypnagogic hallucinations. Look it up, I'm unreliable, but from what I recall, everyone experiences them while falling asleep, but usually they go unnoticed because you are not very conscious while going to sleep. I almost always notice them because I am an insomniac. They are great fun.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Visuals well falling asleep, and being crazy? Discuss. [Re: deafpanda]
    #3689874 - 01/27/05 07:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

no, these are most certainly not hypnagogic hallucinations..

On another note, i feel slightly less crazy today after meeting someone truly crazy in stanley park this afternoon - he was going off about my camera, james bond, and vietnam.

I just wonder if my idea's on these sorts of things are considered *too far* out there.. or if others agree and i can put my unease to rest as to an overactive imagination.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#3693775 - 01/28/05 04:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just take it easy friend, nuthin to worry about...  :laugh: :sun:

Have fun + be happy

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineSmarty Pants
Smarty Pants
Male

Loc: Puget Sound WA
    #11255440 - 10/15/09 08:58 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Eveeeeery once and a while, I get lucky enough when I eat mushrooms that the world kind of turns into a dot matrix of colors...like, I see every object as it is, BUT, its made up of a bunch of small shapes that are changing, but still make up the object, and each shape is a different color, and as it changes shape, it also changes color.  Does that make sense?  Does that happen to anybody?

To try to clarify, for example....If I am looking across a park, and there are trees, a dog, and a park bench....I will see allll of these things and they are obvious...but the dog for instance might be made up of 5000 dots, and each dot a color, and then in 2 seconds, the dots all change into tiny triangles, and all the triangles are a different color, and then, a couple seconds later, all the triangles change into ampersands, and they all change color, and so on, but I stillll see the dog clear as day.  Theres no confusion...its fuckin weird and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  I cant replicate it though, it just happens sometimes, but usually doesnt. 

Does anybody understand what is happening physiologically?  Why my eyes are sending my brains signals that are seen this way in my mind??

--------------------
Freedom is Today

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience