Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineibreaktheglass
Stranger
Greetings.
    #3680497 - 01/26/05 12:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hello everyone. I'm a new here at the shroomery (at least as a member) although I have lurked for quite some time now. The information here has been extremely helpful. Although I would consider myself an experienced tripper, I am a rookie with the whole mycology thing. I decided to start growing myself as a result of my frustration with the lack of availability in my area. It's the same story I'm sure many of you have heard a hundred times: A friend of a friend of a friend has some....blah blah blah...It usually all ends up with my not having any tasty fungus in the end. The whole process is just a hassle. Not to mention the cost. After doing plenty of research here, I started up a little growth of my own, currently in progress. I'm using the PF tek of course, with some mexi-cubs, along with the "Poorman's Pod" setup courtesy of magash. I birthed my first 6 cakes last night, with 3 more still finishing up in the incubator (lost one to a nasty green mold). With any luck, I might actually pull this off.

The only question I have at the moment is about yields. I really dont know what to expect. I know there are numerous factors, but roughly what kind of yield would 9 mexi cakes under good conditions give me? Just out of curiousity, I guess. I was thinking to do twice as many cakes, but figured to start small for my first go at it.

Anyhow, that's me. Hi.  :tongue:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineillahee
Content Observer
Male
Re: Greetings. [Re: ibreaktheglass]
    #3680781 - 01/26/05 01:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

submerse your birthed cakes in water and leave in the fridge overnight. When you take them out role them in some vermiculte (dosent have to be sterilized, but might help) and place in your pod. the rolling in verm acts like a mini casing to help more pinning (i think). I think magash had over 100 dry grams at the end when he'd done 23 jars.

Offlineibreaktheglass
Stranger
Re: Greetings. [Re: illahee]
    #3680858 - 01/26/05 01:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I dunked them overnight, but didnt roll them. To be honest I was in a bit of a hurry when I did it yesterday and the rolling thing just would have been a mess to clean up. Maybe I'll try it on the other 3 cakes to compare them.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation