Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCannabis
journeyman
Loc: U S A
Amanita Muscaria
    #367750 - 08/06/01 03:04 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I read that the red form of amanita muscaria is rare in the east is this true ? I have only read this in one of maney books i read thats why i am questioning this statment. Thanks for your help

Peace

--------------------
''Emancipate yoursealf from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
Loc: central NC
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Cannabis]
    #367765 - 08/06/01 03:39 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

the eastern world? or the eastern united states, clarify. if its the eastern united states, then no, I have found rather large patches of this magical mushroom.

Originally no one is deluded.
-bankei

--------------------
peace, happiness, love, girls, joy, euphoria, warmth, fuzzy, girls, touch, feeling, girls.
-me

OfflineCannabis
journeyman
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: thegoldenteacher]
    #367840 - 08/06/01 06:09 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I live in the eastern U.S. if i heard correctly Amanita Muscaria var. formosa (the yellow ones) do grow on the east coast is this true thanks for your help man

Peace

--------------------
''Emancipate yoursealf from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #367877 - 08/06/01 07:12 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Uh... either you misread something or the book is wrong. I find Amanita Muscaria on the east coast all the time.. I live in Georgia(but have found it in Alabama, North Carolina, and Ohio) and encounter Amanita Muscaria var. formosa all the time. Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria is definately less common, although I have found it a few times.

Rumor has it that Amanita Muscaria var. formosa(the yellow ones) are no good for any type of "trip." I've heard that people who ingest var. formosa end up vomiting and feeling nothing but nauseous... not my idea of fun.

Peace out,
Gumby

OfflineCannabis
journeyman
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Gumby]
    #367886 - 08/06/01 07:41 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for your help GumbyDude i have also heard that Amanita Muscaria var. formosa is not a good mushroom to ingest i was just trying to clarify some facts i read that must have been false. I guess the statement about Amanita Muscaria var. muscaria in the audubon society pocket guide to familiar mushrooms was not true. thanks man

Peace

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #367887 - 08/06/01 07:43 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

when you guys have found these, did you find that the white dots dissappeared in the older specimens - tha ants ate them off???

Meep Meep!! Ali G's Funky Yardie!!
Try my website : Closet Masturbation

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #367961 - 08/06/01 10:22 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

>when you guys have found these, did you find that the white dots dissappeared in the older specimens - tha ants ate them off???

Can't say I have... but there is a red mushroom that looks like A. Muscaria without the dots, its Common name is "Sickener"... meaning it will make you sick because its poisonous. I believe sickeners have a red stem and no veil.. not 100% sure on that. In other words... if it doesnt have he white spots.. I wouldnt take chances.

Peace out,
Gumby

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Gumby]
    #367964 - 08/06/01 10:27 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

mmm. the smaller specimens around it have white dots, just the big one doesn't...

Meep Meep!! Ali G's Funky Yardie!!
Try my website : Closet Masturbation

--------------------

OfflineJoHnNySc
enthusiast
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #368358 - 08/07/01 08:18 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

heres a pic of that beechwood sickener you mentioned....

OfflineWoodsman
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: JoHnNySc]
    #368373 - 08/07/01 08:42 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

That looks like a Russula, probably R. emetica (the name describes it's properties!) and not at all like an Amanita.

Russulas have no universal veil to leave remnants (warts) on the cap, no partial veil to leave a ring on the stem, and the flesh is cellular rather than fibrous so the stem breaks clean like a piece of chalk. Unlike their close cousins Lactarius they secrete no "milk" when the gills are cut. The poisonous species are not deadly, but have a hot peppery flavor (best experienced by nibbling a tiny piece of cap, holding it on the tip of your tongue for a few seconds, then spitting it out) and will make you toss your cookies if you eat very much.

A couple of non-peppery species are good edibles. R. xerampelina has a dark purplish-red cap, cream-colored gills, & often pinkish streaks on the stalk. It tastes mild when tested as above, but tastes like shrimp when it cooks up--I've eaten it many times with no ill effects.

Anonymous

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Woodsman]
    #369189 - 08/09/01 05:19 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Those white dots prolly washed off in the rain. I don't think ants ate them!

When in doubt, examine the base of the mushroom. Amanita's have a bulb, russullas do not.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

InvisibleUv1
enthusiast

Loc: Bloom County
Post deleted by users_request [Re: ]
    #369694 - 08/10/01 06:00 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Anonymous

Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Uv1]
    #370902 - 08/13/01 01:03 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard some people scrape them off but I can't see any reason to go to the trouble.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

OfflineRichard_D_James
enthusiast
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: ]
    #550451 - 02/13/02 06:55 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have found var. formosa in NE Ohio this fall. Some friends and I also experimented with ingesting these mushrooms. I must say I personally had no ill effects. Out of 5 expermenters, only 1 sad he wouldn't try them again. These doses were small. 1-2 medium fruits. I must say the experience was similar to both psilocybin and LSD, but much less intense. It was a pleasureful drunkeness that put me in a dream-like, slightly colorful state. I also must mention that I believe marijuana has a large part in cancelling out any ill effects. Just my personal experience.

The only thing that would've eaten the dots off are slugs, but the cap would still have holes in it. (not 1 solid color)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds