Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSticky Green
Male

Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #23414938 - 07/05/16 07:54 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I remember the occasional guy that would get mad, beg for his stuff back, then follow you around the game for an hour telling you he was in a gang and he'd drive by on your house. I used to live for the salty tears of newbs.:rofl:

But it does become an addiction. we'd talk guys into forming a wild party and then turn on them when we got deep in, man we were ass holes. We'd do a death dot with like 20 people and swarm motherfuckas.

Good ole days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBigfeely123
Stranger
Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: Sticky Green]
    #23415033 - 07/05/16 08:22 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I'd dds all you noobs out.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: OhMrJohnson] * 1
    #23415062 - 07/05/16 08:34 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OhMrJohnson said:
I got soo many hate messages from doing that to people, it was hysterical

One dude told me he was gonna rip out my spleen and hang my intestines from his Christmas tree

I think the most fun thing to do in Runescape was to fool noobs into pulling the lever or going out into the wilderness for 'treasure' and killing them and taking their pathetic items if it was worth it :rofl:

Of course that worked much better in 2001-07 when most players were like 12  years old and had no clue about the game... now'a'days the average age is probably like 24 and they've played for near a decade :lol: Or atleast that's what I hear from my friend.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: twighead]
    #23415076 - 07/05/16 08:40 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Everyone I met when I was playing was around my age or older (I'm 21) and they all said they started playing back in 2004.

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: hex_enduction]
    #23415109 - 07/05/16 08:54 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hex_enduction said:
126, bro. One time when I was in 6th grade some people in my school spread this rumor about me that I had a level 126 and I had people coming up to me all the time and asking me about it. Sadly this was far from the case. I think the highest I ever got was like mid 70s. Was still pretty much the highlight of 6th grade :nerd:

I was typing so fast but yup it's 126 .

I'm really not proud of this but in 7th grade I beat someone up at school because he scammed the friend I was speaking of earlier. My friend was crushed because that was his lifes runescape building. Guy wasn't super smart though because he went to the same school as us and also in the same grade. Looking back that's a little out of proportion response wise but that's how I settled things back then

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleBigfeely123
Stranger
Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #23415152 - 07/05/16 09:11 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

ive got something to share that im not too proud of either...

there was this kid in school who i knew had over 1 bil worth of items + cash, combined. i heard from a friend who had a friend who had an older sibling who knew him (read this if your tripping). he didnt play anymore. at this point i had gotten out of runescape for a few years but wanted to start playing again. so i started talking to him. he told me he's selling his items and gold for $500 cash. i said id buy it from him. we'd have to do the transfer at the library in town. my whole intention from the get-go was to do the transfer (over runescape) then when he asks me for the $500 i was just going to be like what sucka? i didnt follow through with it but the plan was set.

InvisibleBigfeely123
Stranger
    #23415170 - 07/05/16 09:19 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
Quote:

OhMrJohnson said:
I got soo many hate messages from doing that to people, it was hysterical

One dude told me he was gonna rip out my spleen and hang my intestines from his Christmas tree

I think the most fun thing to do in Runescape was to fool noobs into pulling the lever or going out into the wilderness for 'treasure' and killing them and taking their pathetic items if it was worth it :rofl:

Of course that worked much better in 2001-07 when most players were like 12  years old and had no clue about the game... now'a'days the average age is probably like 24 and they've played for near a decade :lol: Or atleast that's what I hear from my friend.

me and my friend used to do this wilderness trick with the rune throwing axe special (if you ever did this trick you'd know what's up) and we killed a good number of people by doing this. always felt bad for doing it. we didn't kill noobs for worthless shit, we killed people for as much as we could get out of them. We'd usually get a few hundred K to a few mill. gave some people their stuff back, kept a lot of others.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: Bigfeely123]
    #23415412 - 07/05/16 10:44 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

My acct got banned in like 07 I think cause I let my cousin use it and he bought gold... even as recent as last year I believe, Jagex has emailed me saying that I'm the target of a lawsuit and to pay them off :rofl: such a pathetic company honestly.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: twighead] * 1
    #23415505 - 07/05/16 11:20 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Not runescape but at one point in my WoW days, by the end of Vanilla I was in a top 5-10 worldwide guild.. Had a rogue with every achievement in game, Dual Warglaives, Full T6 gear, like every single reputation maxed out (including wintersaber), almost every mount in game, plus like 80K gold (which was a metric FUCKTON in vanilla)

I got the idea from the first guy in EU who sold his dual warglaive rogue for like 6k Euros. I was like :wtf:
Immediately put my char up for sale for like 3k. (was planning on quitting anyway) Got a guy to buy it within like 2 hours.
He paypaled me the money, I gave him the character. Fair trade. Done deal.

2 days later he disputes the charge with Paypal before it could transfer to my bank. Paypal took the money back out of my account. 
I fought that shit HARD.. We all know Paypal almost ALWAYS sides with the buyer in a dispute.
I sent them all the screenshots of all of our IM conversations and emails as well as the original post, and they ended up reversing it.

After I got my money back, I called Blizz and told them my account had been hacked, reset all the info and got my WoW account back :haha:

Then I sold it to some other kid for 2k.

Then the guy emailed me RAGING LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER.. making all kinds of threats.. saying how he was gonna come hunt me down from Canada, I was like good luck with that broheim. We had a deal fair and square.. then YOU TRIED TO FUCK ME... well I turned the tables and now YOU are the one that is fucked. Eat shit and die bitch and thanks for the money.

Haha. Silly Quebecian thought he could pull a fast one on me.

--------------------

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: Shroomism]
    #23415552 - 07/05/16 11:48 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

:lolsy: Well played.

I didn't get that hardcore but I did get 800$ for my acct when I sold it around the time when BWL was the top raid with full T2 rogue dealios.... that was some sick looking armor too, I don't know if any sets I've seen captured dat sinister rogue feel quite as well :lol:

Though I'm sure if we chalked it down to it, we probably made like 5 cents an hour played :rofl: But still nice to get a return on investment at the end of the day. I never really regretted it though I've come back a few times to experience the expansions and generally be disappointed and quit within a month of maxxing a char.... They gotta start up that nostralius again.. Was actually having fun on there..! The world pvp aspect of vanilla was definitely one of my favorites.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleBigfeely123
Stranger
    #23415566 - 07/05/16 11:59 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

... you sure jagex sent you that email?

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: Bigfeely123]
    #23415584 - 07/06/16 12:08 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Bigfeely123 said:
... you sure jagex sent you that email?

Yep. They try and use legal intimidation to extort money from banned accounts, and I'm not the only person whose received them.

from noreply@jagex.com

Their official email no?

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
    #23415617 - 07/06/16 12:23 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

You guys need to get a job.

I'll hire you on to cut yews with bot accounts.

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23415630 - 07/06/16 12:28 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:

I didn't get that hardcore but I did get 800$ for my acct when I sold it around the time when BWL was the top raid with full T2 rogue dealios.... that was some sick looking armor too, I don't know if any sets I've seen captured dat sinister rogue feel quite as well :lol:

Though I'm sure if we chalked it down to it, we probably made like 5 cents an hour played :rofl: But still nice to get a return on investment at the end of the day. I never really regretted it though I've come back a few times to experience the expansions and generally be disappointed and quit within a month of maxxing a char.... They gotta start up that nostralius again.. Was actually having fun on there..! The world pvp aspect of vanilla was definitely one of my favorites.

5 cents an hour is probably a generous estimate :rofl:
I had so many hours into that toon it was fucking disgusting. It was measured in days, not hours, and pretty sure I had like 3+ years played time :lol:
Still, even though it was a full time job with overtime, I had a shit ton of fun..
Made friends I'm still close with to this day.. and made a little bit of money back for my time spent. So not a loss at all.

Game is complete shit now though. I got sucked back in by old guildmates for every expansion, I played it and it was never the same. I just said fuck that. Lich King I came back and made a new toon and played through until the next expansion, but after that I was like fuck this shit. Nothing will replace Vanilla +TBC was ok... but nothing will replace Vanilla raiding and PvP.. they've homogenized the game so much now that it's not even remotely the same game anymore.
Level 60 Naxx was the ultimate pinnacle of hardcore raiding. I had nerdgasms all over the place. World PvP and BGs were thriving as a motherfucker in vanilla.
AQ40 and BWL were the shit too. Pretty much all the dungeons they made after that sucked.
And I agree T2 rogue gear looked the best.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: runescape.. I'm addicted [Re: Shiithead]
    #23415637 - 07/06/16 12:30 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:

Naga I work like 65 hours a week :crankey:
Plus I haven't played WoW in years now, fuck that game now
Nowadays I juggle between 5-6 games at a time

--------------------

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

#23415638 - 07/06/16 12:31 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

twighead said:

5 cents an hour is probably a generous estimate :rofl:
I had so many hours into that toon it was fucking disgusting. It was measured in days, not hours, and pretty sure I had like 3+ years played time :lol:

I'm still repairing the damage rs did to my body and mind.

--------------------

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

#23415640 - 07/06/16 12:32 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

Shiithead said:

Naga I work like 65 hours a week :crankey:
Plus I haven't played WoW in years now, fuck that game now
Nowadays I juggle between 5-6 games at a time

--------------------

InvisibleBigfeely123
Stranger
    #23415645 - 07/06/16 12:33 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

what lawsuit were they targeting you for?

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

#23415649 - 07/06/16 12:35 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Not runescape but at one point in my WoW days, by the end of Vanilla I was in a top 5-10 worldwide guild.. Had a rogue with every achievement in game, Dual Warglaives, Full T6 gear, like every single reputation maxed out (including wintersaber), almost every mount in game, plus like 80K gold (which was a metric FUCKTON in vanilla)

I got the idea from the first guy in EU who sold his dual warglaive rogue for like 6k Euros. I was like :wtf:
Immediately put my char up for sale for like 3k. (was planning on quitting anyway) Got a guy to buy it within like 2 hours.
He paypaled me the money, I gave him the character. Fair trade. Done deal.

2 days later he disputes the charge with Paypal before it could transfer to my bank. Paypal took the money back out of my account. 
I fought that shit HARD.. We all know Paypal almost ALWAYS sides with the buyer in a dispute.
I sent them all the screenshots of all of our IM conversations and emails as well as the original post, and they ended up reversing it.

After I got my money back, I called Blizz and told them my account had been hacked, reset all the info and got my WoW account back :haha:

Then I sold it to some other kid for 2k.

Then the guy emailed me RAGING LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER.. making all kinds of threats.. saying how he was gonna come hunt me down from Canada, I was like good luck with that broheim. We had a deal fair and square.. then YOU TRIED TO FUCK ME... well I turned the tables and now YOU are the one that is fucked. Eat shit and die bitch and thanks for the money.

Haha. Silly Quebecian thought he could pull a fast one on me.

Wait... That was you?!?!

--------------------

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

#23415658 - 07/06/16 12:37 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
My acct got banned in like 07 I think cause I let my cousin use it and he bought gold... even as recent as last year I believe, Jagex has emailed me saying that I'm the target of a lawsuit and to pay them off :rofl: such a pathetic company honestly.

Ask if they will take RS Gold.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]