Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemonolith4
Stranger

fractal visuals on shrooms?
    #3677778 - 01/25/05 12:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Last time i ate 30 grams fresh cubensis, I had the stongest trip ever and saw a big see-through fractal pattern moving on the floor.
It looked like one of those really complicated crop circle designs
and there is NO WAY I could normally draw something like that from my head.
So how can your brain put together such elaborate designs together that would normally be impossible??
And why are fractal designs such a common occurence in trips? :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: monolith4] * 1
    #3677818 - 01/25/05 01:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You must mean "the pattern", right? The pattern thyat runs throught all things, yeah it's pretty complicated, and olny get smore so the more you observe it. Ever notice art made by cultures that used mushrooms?

I see it in some forum on all of the psycadelics I've tried.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Edited by gdman (01/25/05 01:07 PM)

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: monolith4]
    #3678227 - 01/25/05 02:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you have no idea what your brain is capable of if you think you could not imagine something like that..

next time- control the circles, and you will be amazed you can influence and send waves though the patterns, and observe your energy of the mind changing your trip before your eyes.

Any idea why crop circles are always round? :evil:
Same reason you see fractals on trips :smile:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: flowstone]
    #3678879 - 01/25/05 05:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

they are amazing, detailed, and almost impossible to translate to any human understanding (language. I had some excellent shrooms this weekend, and my whole world turned fractal at one point. the human brain is amazing, but leaving behind the body and brain and finding yourself stepping into another dimension is even more amazing.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3678894 - 01/25/05 05:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think you may be referring to mandalas.

Jung classified them as a universal archetype, and as the expression of a harmonious self.

When I see mandalas (most commonly with DMT), they often take a form very similar to this.

flowstone, I don't really see the correlation between crop circles and fractals. One is a physical phenomena, the other is mental.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: clone]
    #3678897 - 01/25/05 05:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

totally.. A persons first trip is possibly the most mind blowing experience ever( not saying you were describing yyour first trip)

The open eye visuals are pretty cool- but CLOSE your eyes and that is where the fun begins.. Flowing visions and thoughts you could never have imagined before.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: BorgFace]
    #3678947 - 01/25/05 05:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

flowstone, I don't really see the correlation between crop circles and fractals. One is a physical phenomena, the other is mental.

Maybe the one you call mental is the human perspective and
the physical phenomena is the earth's perspective (as a huge living organinsm)

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineDEFNOT Flowstone
I might be PAW

Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: Sterile]
    #27632540 - 01/25/22 05:39 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I've played it before... best game ever for free! there are some hardcore guys there that play runescape 24/7.. I haven't played in a long time but I remember it being fun at So I am pulling out of my street onto the main road.. In front of me is this van with a Mexican driver.. he pulls out halfway across a 2 lane road to try and make it across but apparently he misjudged his rocket vans speed and ended up slamming on his brakes right in the middle of the road.. The oncoming traffic SLAMMED on the breaks, and I mean SLAM. So one lane misses him, and the second lane barely missed him..
It was a black car- and the tires were SMOKING! :hellfire: A cloud of smoke, like this guy stopped one inch from a head on collision with this van and I saw it all..

Now the crazy part: The black car was an undercover cop!! The dude flipped a U and put on his dasher sirens.. I was like 'Ohhhh shit, poor dude!'
The cop swooped in fast on the van and there was no chase or anything...

I bet he got a ticket for reckless endangerment behind the wheel..
Moral of the story: Sup up your van if you plan to make ninja moves across two lanes of traffic going 40 MPH

Talk about a racing heart! I'm so glad an accident was avoided. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePolarisZ
Stranger
Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: BorgFace]
    #27632625 - 01/25/22 06:18 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BorgFace said:
I think you may be referring to mandalas.

Jung classified them as a universal archetype, and as the expression of a harmonious self.

When I see mandalas (most commonly with DMT), they often take a form very similar to this.

I had to look that up, and realized I've seen similar things in my dreams, after a few months of DMT, just there right in front of me.

However, the fractals I've seen on shrooms were quite different. On golden teachers I've seen wireframe fractalscapes that would spin and move. On a different variety, I've seen what looked closer to traditional fractal art. More filled in, a variety of colors, forming an impossible geometric landscape, with a feeling of structures that had been willed into existence within it.

On Aya, I saw the insides of a more realistic looking building that felt like it was within that fractalscape.

OfflineOrioncat
C student of the Golden Teacher
 User Gallery

Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: PolarisZ] * 2
    #27632739 - 01/25/22 07:40 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I'm so glad the OP started this thread. It fascinates me to no end how our brains seem wired to produce such incredible fractals when flooded with a neurotransmitter. Looking at clouds, sand, and concrete seem to produce the most intricate moving designs. My trip last week had incredible 3D hexagon based fractals. DMT gave me square based fractals. Of all my mushroom trips, 3 patterns seem to emerge reliably though.

The first is the hexagonal grid formed by tiny outlined hexagons with dots in the middle of each one. You can see through them. Typically I see them in dark or shadowed objects such as wood in a darkened room but occasionally they will fill my field of vision. They're typically the first visual I see and a reliable indicator of the start of the trip. They're both red and green at the same time somehow and about 20 of them will overlay your thumb at arm's length.

Like this:

The second is the overlapping circle grid. I first saw this simple visual in a blue sky in a slightly different shade of blue, centered around the moon on a new year's day trip and it had such an impact that it's been burned in my brain ever since. I see it everywhere now as it is a common pattern but before that day, I never noticed it and could have sworn I'd never seen it before. I even make art with this pattern now as with the suncatcher light box below and will probably have a tile mural on a patio in the garden. Note the suncatcher is actually the inverse of the pattern over the moon as the moon was in the "diamond" part with the points aligned vertically.

The third is the "Flower of Life" that I often see with CEVs but hardly ever open eyed. Typically it is part of a larger fractal or mandala and it varies from trip to trip.

Wondering if anyone else here sees these or variants of. I also wonder where exactly these visuals happen such as the visual cortex or the retinal or optical nerves. Are our rods and cones arranged hexagonally or in some sort of pattern with radial symmetry?

--------------------
Things I've learned so far:

Death with consciousness can be boring. Balance is important. Set intentions, not expectations. Sad trips can be helpful as well as challenging trips. Stick with your first dose. We learn more when we listen rather than speak. Be kind. The small moments in life that tend to go unnoticed are sometimes the most beautiful.

Edited by Orioncat (01/25/22 07:42 PM)

InvisibleShroomintune
Gentleman Farmer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside of the Asylum
Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: Orioncat] * 2
    #27633032 - 01/25/22 11:17 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Ancient thread is ancient... but anyway...

Art in Islamic cultures, due to the religion’s discouragement of depicting the human form, relies extensively on these types of patterns, which some call sacred geometry. The flower of life is the basis for many arabesque tiling patterns.  Amazing and downright trippy examples:

https://www.boredpanda.com/mosque-ceilings/

https://artofislamicpattern.com/resources/educational-posters/

Relevant quote:

Notice the pattern of underlying polygons: hexagons, triangles, squares, dodecagons. The underling tiling pattern is usually hidden beneath the final design, as if behind a veil, but the viewer is always given an intimation of the hidden order and this is part of what gives the designs their meditative power.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: Shroomintune]
    #27633233 - 01/26/22 04:11 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Our ability to virtualize 3-d space, trajectories of flight, and the combined motion of joined and articulated limbs is closely connected to our visual and temporal brain regions.

when we mentally glance into 3-d space, we get a gut feel for what fits.

for this to be true, we are internally generating approximate spatial models along with 2-d visual interpretation, and (esp. in the dark) along with touch and hearing and a sense of timing.

the physical math (radius) of a circle that expresses equidistant points is a basic element in this. and that same key element provides hexagonal intersections (using the same equidistant principle). It is the geometric expression of equality, even-ness, and innate beauty or good space-ness.

The search for 'archetypes' or 'platonic forms' may get no further than radius (the measure of space around a point), the inner compass, the hexagon, and our sense of space unfolding in time - the trajectories of life.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineOrioncat
C student of the Golden Teacher
 User Gallery

Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: Shroomintune]
    #27633281 - 01/26/22 05:54 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomintune said:

https://www.boredpanda.com/mosque-ceilings/

https://artofislamicpattern.com/resources/educational-posters/

Thank you for this. These are amazing.

Yeah, it is an old thread but I hope some more people chime in on this. We've all seen incredible visuals, why not talk about them? I suspect on a hunch that the way visuals present themselves offers a window to how the brain is wired. I wonder what one might find if you did brain scans of someone tripping and compared them to someone looking at the ceiling of a mosque.

--------------------
Things I've learned so far:

Death with consciousness can be boring. Balance is important. Set intentions, not expectations. Sad trips can be helpful as well as challenging trips. Stick with your first dose. We learn more when we listen rather than speak. Be kind. The small moments in life that tend to go unnoticed are sometimes the most beautiful.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: Orioncat]
    #27633308 - 01/26/22 06:34 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

today's brain scans are too blurry

we need 2d animations of what the eeg's can get but in higher res than they take them (i.e. we need more than 10 pixels of visual cortex, so more than 10 attached sensors).

significant things happen in the brain at less than 1/4 second while brain scans are several seconds or minutes, and mostly show metabolism or energy consumption over the duration -> blurry.

eeg's however, pick up local electric field activities that change in the 2 herz and higher range.

--------------------

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27633447 - 01/26/22 08:50 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

those patterns have to mean something,
don’t they?

any person that trips see these patterns in some way, shape, and form. Very geometric and they are found in nature. Like a sunflower for example.

All mathematics and theories are based off these types of visuals. Beginner shapes, like circles, squares, rectangles and triangles. Then moving into more advanced shapes like octagons, hexagons, and dodecahedrons.

There is a balance and fact of polarities within these visuals. Straight edgy lines can be made while connecting. then while connecting the more round and curved lines in a completely different way compared to straight lines.

It all connects, like a puzzle.

--------------------
“Turn on, tune in, drop out.” - Timothy Leary

“Be responsible, be safe, be kind
and know that everything will be fine.”

:loljesus:

Edited by candyman345 (01/26/22 08:52 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: candyman345]
    #27633623 - 01/26/22 10:37 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

the fundamental geometry of circles and hexagons and right angles implement radial field extent and interference. Energy wise, this is fundamental to brain activity in a general way
-
and in each specific piece of memory and perception also involves a plurality of such circular electrical field interactions.
-
one thing I have noticed is how animal face perception  must have some hard wiring going way back in evolution, something that kicks in even further with human facial expression interpretation and expressing - this ties into pairs of circles and nearby shapes (and is key to social ability in humans).

It is as if when we look at blankness, these geometries may spontaneously appear - mental exertions going along the easiest paths.
(I want to say brain farts but it is better to speak of it the other way)

--------------------

OfflineRedRH
FNG
Male User Gallery

Loc: ///symphony.strangest.hardware
    #27633677 - 01/26/22 11:17 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I freaked when you said 30 grams until I noted they were "fresh", lol!

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

#27634391 - 01/26/22 09:07 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

you can tell when someone gets it or not

especially pertaining to these designs and patterns

They really do instigate or set a switch that turns on.
sure, there is some ego involved but isnt that only half of what these designs are all about?
You bring up ‘energy’ and I appreciate that.

It takes ‘energy’, effort and awareness to appreciate patterns you see or transcend from tripping on psychedelics like LSD, shrooms and DMT.

--------------------
“Turn on, tune in, drop out.” - Timothy Leary

“Be responsible, be safe, be kind
and know that everything will be fine.”

:loljesus:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: fractal visuals on shrooms? [Re: candyman345]
    #27634712 - 01/27/22 05:07 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

you may be seeing seeing.
the bright colored vision pixels surrounded by paths of previous visual pixels tracing softened fractal curves in real time (unreal) and leaving a jewelled landscape or patina over everything.

--------------------

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC
    #27634806 - 01/27/22 07:15 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I only get geometric patterns on LSD.

Mushrooms are more layers that extend 4 to 20 feet, or often 200 feet in front of me.

Parts of the layers are geometric, but I can't make out any crisp lines or angles or patterns on shrooms.

So I think it's much more imagination than physical structures of the room, or the eyes, that plays a part.

Unfortunately, the differences between the drugs, and the difference between how each individual experiences them is evidence that no experience the drug cases is real.

for example, other dimensions.

But that's no reason not to allow it to be real to you.

I do think it might be related to colors and how our brains relate the light spectrum to shape on a very simple level.

I always notice a relationship between the form and style the geometry takes, and the amount of light in the room or weather my eyes are open or closed. And the affinity to simple shapes the light spectrum creates. Rainbow shapes and patterns are usually pretty simple compared to other hallucinations. Also flat walls of a solid color are easier for the eyes to project elaborate patterns onto.

Elaborate doyaly fractals are rarely rainbow 🌈 colors for me.

But there is definitely a relationship between the color spectrum, shape, and imagination when tripping or not tripping.

I think the connection between the three is separated from it's usual relationship in our brains on psychedelics and our brains can play with the three as individual aspects and in a different relationship with each other, more than it would sobor.

A good way to think of it is pretending like they were different parts of the brain and the communications between the three is distorted when on psychedelics.

Not that that is the way the brain works, but it's how I imagine it just to make it easier to understand.

--------------------
Just take um like you get um.

Those ephemeral spasms of infinity, in suspended animation, born across a boundless ether of existential misery aloft a revelry (of awe) for the abhorrently sublime.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate