Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepk3
Stranger
Jars have been at room temp for 2 weeks.. no sign of contams.. is ok to introduce TiT at this point
    #3677640 - 01/25/05 02:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The title pretty much says it all. The jars have been at room temp for 2 weeks now. All have shown signs of myc growth with no contam up to this point. Followed PF Tek, did NOT Pressure Cook so I'm happy with no contams. Just wondered if it could throw things off if I introduce heat at this point. I know it will speed things up but at the same time I would hate to mess with whats working.

~pk

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: Jars have been at room temp for 2 weeks.. no sign of contams.. is ok to introduce TiT at this point [Re: pk3]
    #3677649 - 01/25/05 02:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

its all up to you, it could go either way. The heat will speed up myc growth drastically but with heat comes higher risks of contams. personally if it was me I would just go with whats working especially since you didnt pc.

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: Jars have been at room temp for 2 weeks.. no sign of contams.. is ok to introduce TiT at this point [Re: pk3]
    #3677650 - 01/25/05 02:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It will not hurt a thing to put them in heat. It wiil actually help to hurry things along. You should have them in about 82 degrees F. to get optimal speed time on colonization. Hope this helps.

P.S. What strain?

--------------------

:murray:

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: Jars have been at room temp for 2 weeks.. no sign of contams.. is ok to introduce TiT at this point [Re: blissedout]
    #3677663 - 01/25/05 02:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

hey blissed do u have any experiance with this ( caus I dont ) just wondering since he said he didnt PC and things are doing fine, wouldnt this raise the risk of introducing contams??? Im still fairly new and this raises a good question IMO.

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3677674 - 01/25/05 02:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If room temps aren't in the upper 70's to low 80's ... that was the whole point of building an incubator(well part of it anyways)so for germination and incubation to be at optimal ranges get into incubator at 80-82*F .
GL

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinepk3
Stranger
Re: Jars have been at room temp for 2 weeks.. no sign of contams.. is ok to introduce TiT at this point [Re: infamous]
    #3677678 - 01/25/05 02:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Equador Strain is what I'm using. And thanks for the quick responses. Was interested in what others had to say. I'm pleased that I have no contams without PC as I read it could go either way. Since they havent been introduced to heat I was curious to hear reponses before I took action.

~pk

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Re: Jars have been at room temp for 2 weeks.. no sign of contams.. is ok to introduce TiT at this point [Re: infamous]
    #3677689 - 01/25/05 02:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I am fairly experienced in the cultivating field, but I always pc my jars. The contam rate shouldn't change, though, unless he/she moves the jars to a dirty location. Always use lysol in the area that you are planning to store your jars and you must be very sterile with everything. Once the jars are fully colonized, the myc. will fight off contams, for the most part, but you have to be super clean with the birth/casing process, too, or you will get a mold of some sort.

The temp change won't hurt, as far as contams go, in my experience, buy again, I always pc my jars.

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#3677694 - 01/25/05 02:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What is your substrate?

--------------------

Offlinepk3
Stranger
Re: Jars have been at room temp for 2 weeks.. no sign of contams.. is ok to introduce TiT at this point [Re: blissedout]
    #3677707 - 01/25/05 02:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I followed the Original PF Tek. So BRF/Verm/Water. I just didnt PC. But so far my jars are all bright white. Its just slow because they arent at the best temperature for growing. I'm in a hurry but not really. Just concerned with the results.

~pk

Offlinepk3
Stranger
    #3677716 - 01/25/05 02:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I didnt lysol the box either. Just stuck 'em in there and have been trying my hardest to not peek everyday. Still no contams.

~pk

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3677723 - 01/25/05 02:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
I am fairly experienced in the cultivating field, but I always pc my jars. The contam rate shouldn't change, though, unless he/she moves the jars to a dirty location. Always use lysol in the area that you are planning to store your jars and you must be very sterile with everything. Once the jars are fully colonized, the myc. will fight off contams, for the most part, but you have to be super clean with the birth/casing process, too, or you will get a mold of some sort.

The temp change won't hurt, as far as contams go, in my experience, buy again, I always pc my jars.

Do not forget ...
Wash hands each and every time you go to handle them jars folks . :thumbup:
Blissed is 100 & 5% correct , myc can and will in a lot of cases do the job of fighting off many contams , and warming jars up a tad is not gonna increase chances at this point in the game .
And yes ... if even in the slightest bit serious about mushie growing ... get a PC and think bigger than you think you will need , when you do get one .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#3677726 - 01/25/05 02:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That is super-risky, using that tek and not pcing. You should use the brf tek until you get a pc. The wbs has a greater chance of later contams, because of all the possible contam factors involved with birdseed. Anyway, good luck. Don't hesitate to ask questions. I am usually around here or in the pub.Later.

--------------------

Offlinepk3
Stranger
    #3677739 - 01/25/05 02:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Blissed ya goof.  :laugh:  I did say I used BRF.  I actually read up on a ton of info before I tried the PF Tek.  I knew that it was possible to use BRF without PC so thats what I did.  I wanted to get my feet wet before I dove head first into the hobby.  So far I'm pleased with my results and can see the potential.  My main concern was introducing heat to this batch that has not seen heat and was not PC.  You all have put me at ease and when it gets close to Fruiting you will see another post here from me.  Thanks again for the advice.

~pk

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#3677750 - 01/25/05 02:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Oh. :sorry: :shrug:Sorry, I just read too fast, sometimes. I swear that it said wbs, but I am an idiot.

--------------------

Offlinemra
Mr. Ambiguity
Male User Gallery
    #20586632 - 09/19/14 02:35 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Cool

--------------------
Mra's grow log

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation