Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyersodum
Stranger
Loc: yer moms house
oldtimer variation
    #367608 - 08/06/01 09:16 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

a week ago i spawned a shitload of pasturized straw via the old timer tek. each tray was 4x9x12 and i used 2-4 ground cakes per tray. the trays were covered with plastic wrapand had a slab of flagstone set on top to compress the straw and left stacked on my bedroom floor, covered with a few towels. all were fully colonized in less then an week except one, which i didnt mix well. it should be done by tuesday at the latest. i honestly thought the blending would kill the cakes, or there woudl be a contam, but with ALOT of lysol and peroxide a little flame sterilization everything is great. as soon as i get my hands on some coir im casing, and ill probably post pics. thanks old timer, 3m, and straw...cause straw is the shiznit im never fruiting a cake as long as i live. oh yeah, i got a bangin idea...one of the trays compacted a little more then i thought it would and the straws about 2 inches below the rim...im thinkn about casing with some horse shit...anyone try this? ill post results. oh yeah, anyone ever try and spawn straw with more straw??? i was thinking a brick of myceluim that large could probably spawn alot of straw, or shit, or a combo of the two.

--------------------
eat a dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesylo
addict
Re: oldtimer variation [Re: yersodum]
    #369183 - 08/09/01 04:49 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I have never had much luck using straw to spawn more straw. There must be too little nutrient value in straw alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix