Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Opaque grow chamber with transparent lid - can't find one
    #3675378 - 01/25/05 12:52 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Having a hard time finding one. Local wal mart has a bunch of rubbermaid/sterilite bins but they're either completely opaque, or have clear walls with opaque lid. I prefer to have opaque walls and clear lid, and don't want to cut an opaque lid and glue in plexiglass. I want a chamber that I can put in my house that will be nice and inconspicuous and let light in the top. I've googled around and found some models that will work, but none of the places will ship a single unit. Anyone got any tips?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMinimalist
Sinister Midgetwith a bucketand a mop

Re: Opaque grow chamber with transparent lid - can't find one [Re: Fungus_Farmer]
    #3675642 - 01/25/05 01:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

leave the lid off and just put some press n' seal plastic wrap on it.

--------------------
You've started a fire, you've started a fire you can't put out
You've burned your bridges, can't go back from where you came
Vision is failing, just writhe and burn out of control
No use pretending, slither back into your hole

OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Re: Opaque grow chamber with transparent lid - can't find one [Re: Minimalist]
    #3677527 - 01/25/05 01:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm trying to avoid attention-grabbing setups. "Hey dude, what's that thing with the plastic wrap on the top, why not just a lid?" No one notices a regular container with a lid.

--------------------
Excerpt from one of my textbooks:
Therefore, between a then and its matching else, there cannot be an if statement without an else. Statements must be distinguished between those that are matched and those that are unmatched, where unmatched statements are else-less ifs and all other statements are matched.
I wonder if that would make more sense if I was tripping when I read it.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Opaque grow chamber with transparent lid - can't find one [Re: Fungus_Farmer]
    #3677575 - 01/25/05 02:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Fish tanks are great , and all you do is make a hood of black cloth that fits over for incubations and such . But I am weird and loves my fish tank set up  :wink:
Think LEXAN when and if you ever need lids for any type of chamber , it will out last plexi in high RH enviro 10x over , way worth the extra few bucks IMO .
GL

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3677611 - 01/25/05 02:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

New_Shroomer81 said:
Anyone got any tips?

Check Lowes and Home Depot, they carry a larger assortment

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: Opaque grow chamber with transparent lid - can't find one [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3678618 - 01/25/05 05:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Your going to have a bunch of containers with a lights above them, possibly with fish-tank tube or hoses going to all of them, stacked in your closet, filled with humidity, with a light image of mushrooms growing on white bricks.... and you are complaining about the syran-wrap looking suspicious???

That is like a cop wearing his gun holster outside his jacket, cuffs hanging out of his back pocket, radio on his shoulder, badge on his wallet chain... saying... "Dude, take off the sun-glasses, they might blow our cover!"

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Edited by LaughingJim (01/25/05 05:54 PM)

OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Re: Opaque grow chamber with transparent lid - can't find one [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3679292 - 01/25/05 08:42 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

No, I'm going to have this:
http://www.shroomery.org/images/25101/242790835-send_binaryTANK2.jpg
on top of the fridge (so people don't see inside through the top of it.) It'll just look like a big storage bin that we keep up there, and friends and family won't take notice of it. I live in my own place, but I don't want any visitors to know about it unless I specifically want them to. No hoses, no lights, no stacks.

--------------------
Therefore, between a then and its matching else, there cannot be an if statement without an else. Statements must be distinguished between those that are matched and those that are unmatched, where unmatched statements are else-less ifs and all other statements are matched.

InvisibleNOS4A2
Sh!tApple

Loc: notfarfromtheshittree Flag
    #3679352 - 01/25/05 08:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You know your fridge can get very warm up there. I know you'll have a wire comming out the back but how bout you put a light inside? Then you can put it in a corner or somewhere safer and more convenient. Or put it in a closet with a locked door knob.

--------------------
Hail to the King, Baby
CulturingTech

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Opaque grow chamber with transparent lid - can't find one [Re: NOS4A2]
    #3679431 - 01/25/05 09:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, those clear covers are hard to find, most containers are transparent sides and opaque top.
you could mount a small (10 watt) flouro to the top of a completely opaque container, and it would get light from the top and no body would see anything.
GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Re: Opaque grow chamber with transparent lid - can't find one [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3679509 - 01/25/05 09:36 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

There won't be any wires coming out of my FC, I'm not worried about massive flushes and the "perfect" environment that requires no manual labor.  This is my first time growing, and I just want enough for me and a couple friends to trip on, so no need to go with a real great FC.  The one in that pic looked fine to me, I don't mind fanning/misting a few times a day.  Gives me something to do anyway, and since it's my first time I'll be looking at them about 1,000 times a day anyway  :crazy:  I think I may end up going with the opaque chamber and a small light though if I have to, it seems about the best compromise if I can't find what I want.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation