Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Francis Crick and LSDNA?
    #3675234 - 01/25/05 12:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ha sanyone heard this rumor, that francis crick inevented or "saw" the double helix on an acid trip? Someone told me that during the OJ Simpson trial the defense attorney tried to devaldiate the authenticity of the practice of dna testing by saying that some "madman high on lsd came up with it". Sounds like bullshit to me but I would like to believe that it was invented on acid.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: Francis Crick and LSDNA? [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #3675267 - 01/25/05 12:37 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know......the founders of apple computers came up with the ideas while on acid, same with the internet....and I do believe Bill Gates has used LSD.

--------------------

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: Francis Crick and LSDNA? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3675333 - 01/25/05 12:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

he's probably confusing Crick with Kary Mullis who came up with PCR, a technique for duplicating DNA, while under the influence of lsd. Mullis won the 1993 Nobel prize in chemistry for PCR

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Francis Crick and LSDNA? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3675354 - 01/25/05 12:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

can you show me some sources? I keep hearing all this shit but have never read about it or heard from reliable sources.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3675866 - 01/25/05 02:44 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/Bill.Gates.html

"PLAYBOY: Ever take LSD?

GATES: My errant youth ended a long time ago.

PLAYBOY: What does that mean?

GATES: That means there were things I did under the age of 25 that I ended up not doing subsequently.

PLAYBOY: One LSD story involved you staring at a table and thinking the corner was going to plunge into your eye.

GATES: [Smiles]

PLAYBOY: Ah, a glimmer of recognition.

GATES: That was on the other side of that boundary. The young mind can deal with certain kinds of gooping around that I don't think at this age I could. I don't think you're as capable of handling lack of sleep or whatever challenges you throw at your body as you get older. However, I never missed a day of work."

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3675867 - 01/25/05 02:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Kary Mullis
"Nobel Prize Winner for Chemistry in 1993 and inventor of PCR, a method for detecting even the smallest amount of DNA in ancient materials. "Would I have invented PCR if I hadn't taken LSD? I seriously doubt it," he says. "I could sit on a DNA molecule and watch the polymers go by. I learnt that partly on psychedelic drugs."

http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/articles/famous_users/lsd.htm

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Francis Crick and LSDNA? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3677192 - 01/25/05 12:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

So sad that such an awesomely powerful tool is illegal.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Francis Crick and LSDNA? [Re: DNKYD]
    #3677747 - 01/25/05 02:44 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldnt doubt it. Francis Crick certainly has some theories about life on earth and extraterrestrial life that would make you wonder what kind of drugs he's on.

Big alien mothership hiding in the asteroid belt, anyone?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience