Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Washington, America
Recommendations for 1st Shroomer
    #3674851 - 01/24/05 11:50 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hi all,
I've been planning to do shrooms for the first time with a buddy of mine very soon, around early February. From what I've read, smoking "encourages" the trip. So, I'm going to get my shrooms, my chron, some cigars, and some booze. I've never been drunk either, and here is my question to you all:

What do you suggest I do with all this?

How much should I drink? I've never been drunk before. I guess I'm a weak guy because I'm a small dude. It only takes a hit or two to get me moderately stoned. It takes some of my hard stoners a few hits to be moderately stoned. So, how much should I drink to get a nice buzz or get nicely shit-faced?

Does smoking cigars enhance the mood at all when tripping/blazed?

I'm just looking for some experienced suggestions! Sorry if I'm a such a newb. Thank you for you time!

~Sirus Felwyn

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life."

"It is the Spirit who gives Life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are Spirit, and they are Life. But there are some of you who do not believe."

~Jesus Christ

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Underpants Gnome

Re: Recommendations for 1st Shroomer [Re: Sirus_Felwyn]
    #3675288 - 01/25/05 12:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So you plan on tripping, then smoking some weed, then getting drunk, then smoking a cigar?

My suggestion to you is to keep your first trip free from all other substances. The trip in itself is more then enough, trust me.

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Loc: Oregon!
Re: Recommendations for 1st Shroomer [Re: djd586]
    #3675663 - 01/25/05 01:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ya definately leave the other stuff alone. You can smoke a cig or cigar or maybe some weed on the comedown but definately let the shrooms be there for a while and experience them to thier fullest.
Also, dont drink a lot of alcohol. You wont really feel it and if u drink too much you will have to clean up puke while tripping which would suck.

We can't stop here, this is bat country! -HST

#3675729 - 01/25/05 01:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Since you've never been drunk, forget the booze on this one. During the come down it may be pleasurable, but it doesn't add much to the trip in my opinion.

Are you experienced with cigars? If so, and you enjoy them, then perhaps a nice Partagas(or whatever you fancy) will enhance the experience. If not, then it is also best left out.

As for the weed, be easy. A hit or two immediately after ingestion may help to counter any nausea.
While for some people smoking takes the trip to a whole new level, for others it does nothing. Other than that I would recommend waiting an hour or two after ingestion to partake, then go from there.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: Recommendations for 1st Shroomer [Re: daimyo]
    #3675869 - 01/25/05 02:49 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, leave the alchohol out of it. I think that will ring unanimously true in this message board.

#1- Make sure you eat enough. Nothing is worse than anticipating a new and unexplainable reality, then just buzzing lightly and becoming a puddle of giggle.

#2- Eat them, then do something that you know will take your attention for about 30 minutes so that you can forget that you even took mushrooms. I usually go into chat rooms, it does a good job of changing my mind to another subject. Or if you are already out in the woods, try building a fire. It will look cool later on, and give you something to do while you wait around for them to kick in.

#3- Dont go in any public places. You are right, everyone IS looking at you funny.

#4- have lots of fun.... act a fool.

#5- If you have trouble sleeping........ masturbate..... a lot. LOL

Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3676059 - 01/25/05 04:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You really should try to avoid trying 2 new drugs at the same time.  So leave the booze alone, at least until you come down.  And avoid hard alcohol, especially since you haven't been drunk before.  It's easy to overdo it with the hard alcohol.  I recommend beer or sake. (Sake's the bomb - smooth and clear with the same alcohol content as wine; serve it on ice)  You asked how much you should drink?  Well, you'll know that when you get there, but if you're small and like most people, 2 to 4 drinks will probably be enough before you get too drunk.

I would also recommend avoiding the pot, at least until after you really start tripping - otherwise, you'll be too stoned to evaluate how well the shrooms are treating you!  You can save the pot until you come down, too, if you want.  Pot has always enhanced/intensified my mushroom trips.

I've never smoked a cigar on mushrooms, although it sounds like fun. (As long as you don't inhale too much :projectile:)

Edited by Land_Crab (01/25/05 04:46 AM)

Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Recommendations for 1st Shroomer [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3680435 - 01/26/05 12:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, just eat the shrooms by themselves (I suggest 1.5-2 grams dried)... if you feel like smoking some bud then do it, it will boost your trip.

Do not drink any booze atall, you have never even been drunk, so why would u want to mix two completely different drugs which you have never experienced before together?

Please do not drink when you shroom.

I don't understand why you haven't drank before, and decide to do it with shrooms, which you have also never done before.

Be careful my friend, read some trip reports, and experience the shrooms as they are without stupid mind-dumbing alcohol to fuck shit up.

You should have a few drinks on their own aswell, drink for the sake of getting wasted, not to trip out with.

Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience