Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Silence
    #3668958 - 01/23/05 05:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"I realized in this place that people feared silence more than anything else, that our tendency to talk arises from self-defense and is always based upon a reluctance to see something, a reluctance to confess something to oneself.

Directly a person is quiet himself, that is, awakes a little, he hears the different intonations and begins to distinguish other people's lies." ~Ouspensky.

"The more you talk about it, the more you think about it, the further from it you go; STOP TALKING, STOP THINKING, AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND." ~Seng-t'san

"Those who know do not talk
And talkers do not know." ~Tao Te Ching

"Ephrem the Syrian says, 'Good speech is silver, but silence is pure gold.'" ~Way of a Pilgrim.

"Oh Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise." ~Bible

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Silence [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3669660 - 01/23/05 08:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Offlineskystone
stop the motion
Loc: state,country,etc.
    #3669738 - 01/23/05 08:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I enjoy silence

I spend a lot of time alone, and I'm having a time of my life :smile:

--------------------
"..and suddenly it began to rain"

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3669745 - 01/23/05 09:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

'-_-'-_-'-_-'-O

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: Silence [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3669932 - 01/23/05 09:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words." ecclesiastes 5:3

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Silence [Re: soulmotion]
    #3669984 - 01/23/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

He who says nothing has nothing to say

~ancient Chinese proverb

sort of like...... a dead body :confused:

Since it seems en vogue to be silent, will you all work on your telepathetic skills so we can still share? :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Silence [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3670084 - 01/23/05 10:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

While I find silence to be at times relaxing, this forum would not benefit from an abundance of it.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: Silence [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3670241 - 01/23/05 11:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

For the longest time I rarely had a silent moment.. I had a music addiction and anywhere I went I would bring or turn on music if there was not conversation. It took a crackhead thieving my car stereo for me to fully appreciate silence. I'm left with a two-hour drive home from school and in this time I have had little to rely on but analyzing traffic patterns and thought patterns. I've been able to process the huge amount of turbulence going on in my life and how it affects me.. While I don't thank the crackheads I am thankful to have had this time. I'm getting a new stereo next week :laugh:

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

User Gallery

#3670322 - 01/23/05 11:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ahem. Jiggy, from what source did you discover that quote? :smile:

--------------------

User Gallery

#3670599 - 01/24/05 12:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Molinos [and doubtless he was not the first to use this classification] distinguished three degrees of silence - silence of the mouth, silence of the mind and silence of the will. To refrain from idle talk is hard; to quiet the gibbering of memory and imagination is much harder; hardest of all is to still the voices of craving and aversion within the will.

The twentieth century is, among other things, the Age of Noise. Physical noise, mental noise and noise of desire - we hold history's record for all of them. And no wonder; for all the resources of our almost miraculous technology have been thrown into the current assualt against silence. That most popular and influential of all recent inventions, the radio, is nothing but a conduit through which pre-fabricated din can flow into our homes. And this din goes far deeper, of course, than the ear-drums. It penetrates the mind, filling it with a babel of distractions - news items, mutually irrelevant bits of information, blasts of corybantic or sentimental music, continually repeated doses of drama that bring no catharsis, but merely create a craving for daily or even hourly emotional enemas. And where, as in most countries, the broadcasting stations support themselves by selling time to advertisers, the noise is carried from the ears, through the realms of phantasy, knowledge and feeling to the ego's central core of wish and desire. Spoken or printed, broadcast over the ether or on wood-pulp, all advertising copy has but one purpose - to prevent the will from ever achieving silence. Desirelessness is the condition of deliverance and illumination. The condition of an expanding and technologically progressive system of mass production is universal craving. Advertising is the organized effort to extend and intensify craving - to extend and intensify, that is to say, the workings of that force, which [as all the saints and teachers of all the higher religions have always taught] is the principle cause of suffering and wrong-doing and the greatest obstacle between the human soul and its divine Ground.

~Aldous Huxley

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#3670849 - 01/24/05 01:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thats an interesting point, totally valid. It reminds me of an excercise I did in theatre group when our teacher reminded us to pay attention to our need to entertain one another. It helped shake us out of some awkward moments spent facing one another directly, and vulnerably. People chatter on and on because they feel vulnerable when interaction is stripped to sharing eye contact and sharing space.

At the same time we can look at silence in another way, the silencing of certain groups. The silencing of women, people of colour, the underclasses. How does this contribute to the quality of interaction in our society? How does this contribute to what is being said, and what is being done?

When you speak, what do you say? Do you speak to entertain or impress people? Or do you speak because what you must say is exactly what you know you need to express? How does your socialization affect how comfortable you are speaking or not speaking?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3671851 - 01/24/05 10:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ha ha Skorp is it not a beautiful day to be alive my friend? :cool: :sun:  :flowers: To be able to use my voice and shout to the world I LOVE YOU All!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh that felt good!

Yes, Silence is good but it is not all. look at the seasons of change, nature holds all of our answers and gives rise to our questions.

The time for silence is like the winter of the soul, everything becomes still and their is peaceful rest. Then out of the quiet springs forth the seeds of life, inspirations and new ideas to be made manifest and enjoyed in the summer season of activity and noise, the noise of life celebration and sounds of what it feels like to know YOU ARE ALIVE and THRIVING followed by the season of reflection and the planting of new seeds that came from the bounty of the fall harvest, to sit in the quiet of the winter still, to be born again anew.

There is a time for silence, a time for inspiration, a time for rejoice and a time for reflection.

Silence itself is not the end all, just a transitioning period and a vital one for the whole self to be realized again and again ever anew ed.

This can be broken down into a day, with a morning of silent meditation, from out of the void, new ideas for the days inspiration pop up, and into the day we put them into creation and realize more of who we are and as night falls we move into reflection of the days events.

An important point was made here about noise, breaking open the sort of silence that is the oppression of the self and others from expressing themselves and becoming known. This noise is important, the voice of the people.

Be still and know that I am and then rejoice in self knowing!

My daughter had a friend, 6 at the time who had one of her lungs removed from emphysema, you see here mother knew best and was not to be bothered with the voice of her child's thoughts and feelings, this girl was silenced. Energy was meant to flow not be repressed and suppressed. It flows in many ways and our voices are one of them. This girl never had a chance to allow for herself to be expressed in joy, with the breath of her lungs and they feel to dis-ease and were cut out.

The other now 9, suffering from chronic bronchitis, her mother has no patience or time to be bothered with her daughters thoughts or feelings, for those of a child do not matter to her and she does not listen. The child hardly speaks for she has learned her voice does not matter and is not heard. yet the dis-ease in her lungs coughs and barks loudly for it does not will to be silent and will be heard.

Every child and human being has the will within to be seen, felt and heard so it and all can realize the I AM within.

The folly of entertainment to amuse ourselves is not a distraction from the silence it is what comes out of the silence, it is life in rejoice, remembrance and inspiration and it brings ease to tension, and unites hearts and souls in laughter and sadness.

The silence is there such a thing? have you ever become so still so calm and quiet that you can hear the hum of the universe? It's LOUD it can be deafening and felt like the lowest bass to the core. When it comes into the audible ranges of a bubbling brook and the laughter of children, whistling of a bird and the fluttering of a flute it is DIVINE.

A question to ask, "If one must speak to tell others not to speak is that not an oxymoron? It's like saying, "listen to me, but I wish not to hear you." Its a way of putting oneself above others in the hypocrisy of "do as I say not as I do"

One who says nothing has nothing to say only because they are dead inside and out of touch and tune with the life within or has allowed that life to be repressed and suppressed by an oppressive force.

The dead silence of winter is not life itself, it is what life springs forth from and summer songs and falls reflections are all an integral part of the creative evolution of self realization.

The silence exists so sound can be heard. :kiss: :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3671873 - 01/24/05 10:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

silence is; not giving answers, whit out its request.

that's why Internet is such a boost! :wink:

Here are, we all, silent! :P
:heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Silence [Re: Gomp]
    #3672374 - 01/24/05 12:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

To rely on machine is to not have inner voice at all. I ahcieve in silence what man has left behind. Dirt is powerful so will be my shrine.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3673771 - 01/24/05 06:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

silence is awesome

but I think finding stillness when a bunch of noise going on is the best. that's when you can see how much control you have over your mind.

can you press the off switch when you want to?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Silence [Re: kaiowas]
    #3674021 - 01/24/05 07:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

understand the babel.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Silence [Re: Droz]
    #3674195 - 01/24/05 08:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i love being able to be silent with a close group of friends, just all sitting around, or cuddling with eachother, but no one has to talk.
thoses moments are really peacefull

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale