Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecrackwhorebob
assistant bitch

Pressure cooker problem
    #3674036 - 01/24/05 09:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

this lady tells me she cann't loan me her pressure cookers because she needs to get gauges checked because she does not know if they work right. Who should she call ?

--------------------
I am the American dream.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMinimalist
Sinister Midgetwith a bucketand a mop

Re: Pressure cooker problem [Re: crackwhorebob]
    #3674452 - 01/24/05 10:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ghostbusters.

no, seriously.. I would just buy my own if I were you. it arouses less interest. the less that people have to know, the better.

--------------------
You've started a fire, you've started a fire you can't put out
You've burned your bridges, can't go back from where you came
Vision is failing, just writhe and burn out of control
No use pretending, slither back into your hole

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Pressure cooker problem [Re: Minimalist]
    #3674546 - 01/24/05 11:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with just buying your own pressure cooker. If your not looking at doing a really large quantity of mushrooms you could get away with just going down to wally world and buying a 6-8 quart pressure cooker, there like 40 bucks and can do 3-4 quart size jars at a time. You may want to upgrade later but if your just starting this hobby out dont worry about investing in a 200-300 dollar pressure cooker.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinecrackwhorebob
assistant bitch

Re: Pressure cooker problem [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3674575 - 01/24/05 11:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yea heaven forbid this old lady knows I am canning fruit or growing morels.  I don't know if the ghost busters can help me maybe you should talk to your manager at quikemart and see if he has any ideas :smile:?  Yea I am growing bulk and need expensive big pressure cooker at my disposal.

--------------------
I am the American dream.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3674620 - 01/24/05 11:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Then think about investing in a large pressure cooker then. Regardless of what they think your going to be doing with this pressure cooker it is going to become a pain in the ass to keep having to borrow this every time you need something sterile. Also if your going to get into true bulk you should think about pasteurizing dung and straw.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3674628 - 01/24/05 11:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

On a afterthought having the small store bought pressure cooker is handy for sterlizing instruments and tools that you may be using for transfers and the such.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinecrackwhorebob
assistant bitch

Re: Pressure cooker problem [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3675258 - 01/25/05 12:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yea I am going to buy discount one as soon as possible and hope this fucker doesn't explode on me ...I hope its metal and doesn't have rubber seals. Yea they just sold thiers at goodwill. I have 3 boxes of cow patties collected. I am about to go get big supply of hay. I basically have a endless supply of both on my hands. I am just broke. I need grains and bigger jars and casing materials. If you could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I will trade some spores for some stuff.

--------------------
I am the American dream.

OfflineMinimalist
Sinister Midgetwith a bucketand a mop

#3686525 - 01/27/05 01:04 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I can't understand a goddamn thing my manager at the Qwik-E-Mart says. It's like he tried to drink scalding-hot coffee or something.  :laugh:

Again, I would recommend buying your own. Like I said, the less people have to know, the better. Maybe this old lady says something to someone else and they say "hmm.. why does this fellow have to keep borrowing a pressure cooker?" and they'll want some of your homemade jam or something. It's just more convenient than making up an excuse every time.

--------------------
You've started a fire, you've started a fire you can't put out
You've burned your bridges, can't go back from where you came
Vision is failing, just writhe and burn out of control
No use pretending, slither back into your hole

OfflineDuffmanooohyea
shroomapprentice
 User Gallery

Re: Pressure cooker problem [Re: Minimalist]
    #3687808 - 01/27/05 11:03 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

if its a all amercian cooker, the gauage really does not matter, the weight will keep the pressure in check, at least that what the manual that came with my model 910 says, if ur looking for a metal 2 metal seal all amercian is the way 2 go.

--------------------
"Because you need me Springfield. Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals and rule you like a King!" Sideshow Bob

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation