Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
OK! I am growing my first cake and mushrooms have been coming out fine but all from the bottom of cake and the mushrooms were rubbing against prelite and now the part of the mushrooms that was touching the perlite is green but not all green only alittle green like green yes its green grrr is this contam ? from it rubbing against the prelite DO I HAVE TO TOSS IT ! I REALLY DONT WANT TO I REFUSE !
also the cake is prefectly fine the only thing is the bottom of the mushrooms that was touching the prelite is green that it ! nothing else...
If the green starts spreading, its contaminated. My guess is its actually a blue-ish bruising (if it is, you've got magic mushrooms ) Don't eat them until you're absolutely sure, though. Sniff around the cake, does it smell like mold?
Also-they generally grow where there is light. Cover up sides/bottom of the terrarrium with black paper if you need to.