Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can
    #3670304 - 01/23/05 11:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.dw.ohio.gov/ohiostatepatrol/media/2002/mr0201.html#history

Damn the pic is too big to upload....check out that site

January 4, 2002 ? Patrol makes largest "magic mushroom" seizure in Ohio history
Maumee ? Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers made the largest seizure of psilocybin "magic mushrooms" in Ohio history yesterday on the Ohio Turnpike following a traffic stop, and filed felony charges on two suspects in connection with the seizure. Andrew Florey, 27, of Missoula, Montana, and Robin Johnson, 27 of Brattleboro, Vermont, are each charged with first-degree felony possession of drugs, and first-degree felony trafficking in drugs. They were incarcerated at the Lucas County Jail, and are scheduled to be arraigned in the Maumee Municipal Court today.

At 11:13 a.m. Thursday, a rented 2001 Chevrolet Lumina driven by Florey was stopped for a speeding violation on eastbound Interstate 80, near milepost 53, in Lucas County. A Patrol drug-detecting canine was summoned to the scene and alerted to the vehicle. A probable cause search revealed a black duffel bag in the trunk that contained two large plastic bags of psilocybin "magic mushrooms" that weighed a total of 23 pounds, with an estimated street value of $73,600. The previous largest "magic mushroom" seizure in Ohio was 11 pounds by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency.

Yesterday?s drug seizure marked the third consecutive Thursday that state troopers made a significant drug seizure on the Ohio Turnpike. Last Thursday troopers recovered 234 pounds of marijuana, valued at $530,000, and on Dec. 20 troopers recovered 79 pounds of marijuana valued at $179,330.

If convicted, each suspect could face a mandatory 10 years in prison, and up to a $20,000 fine for each first-degree felony.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3670345 - 01/23/05 11:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, I'm glad I don't mess around in ohio, seem like real dicks.
let me guess, meanwhile crack is destroying the quality of life on the streets :what:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3670367 - 01/23/05 11:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Doesn't mean dogs are trained for mushrooms.

They could of had a small amount of another drug the dog smelled in the car.

But damn 23 pounds? I'm suprised the cop didn't smell them.

--------------------
Now go Home.

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: EvilEwok]
    #3670376 - 01/23/05 11:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

dogs can smell for about anything. depends on what they are trained for. some are trained for more drugs than others.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: zerozero]
    #3671152 - 01/24/05 03:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ya but I dont think many peopel waste time training a dog to sniff out shrooms....narcotics, coke, PCP and weed are the big 4....but I guess your right. My guess is they just used the dog as an excuse for probable cause. They probably refused the cop the right to search the car (trunk), they called out the dog, the handler did some kind of hand signal that made the dog go ape shit and there you have it....probable cause

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
    #3671349 - 01/24/05 05:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow, wouldnt want to get caught with 23 pounds of shrooms...poor guys.

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
    #3671362 - 01/24/05 05:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsillyNilly said:
Ya but I dont think many peopel waste time training a dog to sniff out shrooms....narcotics, coke, PCP and weed are the big 4....but I guess your right. My guess is they just used the dog as an excuse for probable cause. They probably refused the cop the right to search the car (trunk), they called out the dog, the handler did some kind of hand signal that made the dog go ape shit and there you have it....probable cause

wow, i was going to say the exact same thing.... but yea, a dog 'could' smell it if it was trained, so if it's a problem in ohio, they might train the dogs there to smell that out...

i think that they should have bought a vaccume saver, and vaccumed all the air out, and made it airtight...

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can *DELETED* [Re: Phychotron]
    #3671492 - 01/24/05 06:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by oneducktwoducks

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3671500 - 01/24/05 07:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Imagine the feeling the guy was having as the cop began searching the trunk. Sucks man.

:lipsrsealed:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

Loc: Tejas
Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #3671510 - 01/24/05 07:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I truly despise this police state...gotta get out of here...

I can not believe how absolutely ridiculous that is! Mandatory 10 years in prison? How is it that anyone has the right to take away anyone's youth like that? Or adult life...life at all! I am really afraid of the lack of power i have as an individual in this country. They tell you fucking everything to do...go to school, get a job, believe in god, dont do drugs, obey obey OBEY!

sigh...gotta get away.

--------------------
Free Laws: Things to understand before I am Free

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing
3. I must actualize myself
4. Sex is a tool for pleasure, not status
5. Dependency restricts me
6. Emotions are dangerous if not administered properly

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #3672111 - 01/24/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

mandatory 10 years...that is such fucking bullshit. i wish death upon whoever came up with that shit.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: PsillyNilly] * 1
    #3672307 - 01/24/05 12:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

they said the shrooms were valued at $73,600.

That's $3200 a pound, $800 a quarter pound, $200 an ounce.

I would not buy any shrooms from them.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3672354 - 01/24/05 12:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah it's very posible he had a littl ebit of pot or something in the car, jeeze that's horrible  :sad:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: gdman]
    #3672369 - 01/24/05 12:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Looks like what my personal consumption stash would have looked like a few weeks ago had I not powdered them. I don't see why people don't always powder the stuff to keep the bulk weight down. maybe it would be more difficult to sell powdered shrooms? I don't like shrooms being sold anyways.

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: EvilEwok]
    #3672372 - 01/24/05 12:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You have to know the dogs don't mean it, they just get a bisquit for it.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: sunshine]
    #3672493 - 01/24/05 01:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

let's look at thier first mistake: they had california plates.. everyone knows that everyone from california is a damn criminal, your just asking to get pulled over with cali plates, this applies to just about any state, with the exceptions of the surrounding states..

second, they were speeding, NEVER break the law when your breaking the law... :lol:

third, they probably looked like stoners as well, if your breaking the law, be a white male, jeans, t-shirt (tucked in) and have a nice haircut... bieng young doesnt help either.  and your story "i'm in town for my grandmothers funeral" only lie as much as you have to, i be they looked  really nervous.

but i agree, if the cop had a motion to make the dog go ape shit, then thier already screwed, but thier is a pretty good chance they had a joint in the ashtrayr, and the dog smelt that, and then the cop decided to go to the trunk, cause he could, and bam, you make a break for the woods.

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: Phychotron]
    #3672833 - 01/24/05 03:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I looked at the picture on the site, the guy had an out of state license plate, california specifically. Probably looked pretty nervous. Didn't have a chance.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
    #3673033 - 01/24/05 03:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i'm sure i'm not the only one who wondered 'wet or dry?'  :strokebeard:

--------------------
buh

InvisibleYrtlzmo
Female
. [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3695192 - 01/28/05 07:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/03/13 12:34 PM)

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Drug Dogs cant detect Shrooms....according to this seizure they can [Re: Supernova]
    #3695237 - 01/28/05 07:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

supernova said:
Looks like what my personal consumption stash would have looked like a few weeks ago had I not powdered them.

:lol: Damn you, supernova ! I cant find any shrooms, because you're hoggin em all!  :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate