Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMXNR
Did the Mushroom choose you?
Male

Loc: MARS
Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL!
    #3671849 - 01/24/05 10:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey All,

Let's assume a hypothetical: It is the year 2007 of our lord. In addition to the previous restrictions on civil liberties passed by the 2000-2004 Bush administration/federal government, the PATRIOT ACT 2 (visit http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/SafeandFree.cfm?ID=12161&c=206 for a better understanding) has been passed and the "War on Terror" rages on greater than ever under the 2004-2008 Bush administration/federal government.

At this state in time, the U.S. populace has become aware of an, ever-growing faction of rebels based domestically that are taking regular acts of violence, sabotage, and strategic destruction in hopes of dismantling the system and, in their eyes, restoring true freedom to the old red, white, and blue. The Media/Federal government, of course label these as acts of terrorism against the United States and declare that anyone dealing with these people, will be considered terrorists themselves under the eyes of the law.

This is the setting for my question. Assuming you were alive during this time period, I'm interested to see the degree to which Shroomites would be interested/take part in the rebellion.
How interested would you be in the Rebellion?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (01/24/05 10:39 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Master: Everyday change your clothes and eat your food and you will become enlightened.

Pupil: Master, I do not understand...

Master: If you don't understand, eat your food and change your clothes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: MXNR]
    #3671870 - 01/24/05 10:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I voted disgusted. Your poll is VERY biased however.

"You say you want a revolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know you can count me out"

To explain more rationally,
"Peace will not come out of the clash of arms, but out of the justice lived and done by unarmed nations in the face of odds."
-Gandhi

OfflineMXNR
Male

Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: vampirism]
    #3671877 - 01/24/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Morrowind,

I understand my voice may come out through the poll, but how do you feel it is biased? I started at a baseline and proceeded two options up and two options down. Help a guy out.

Thanks

--------------------
Master: Everyday change your clothes and eat your food and you will become enlightened.

Edited by MXNR (01/24/05 10:52 AM)

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#3671899 - 01/24/05 10:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

very interested. I do not think fighting fire with fire is the answer. I do however think subversive tactics and intense discussion with EVERYONE is key.

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

Loc: Tejas
    #3671900 - 01/24/05 10:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

On with the Rebellion!! Fuck bush and the media/federal gov (excellent description of the government by the way!)! Freedom!

I hope whoever voted as a Loyalist truly checks out that link mxnr gave! If you believe the lies the gov/media tells you are unfortunately blind...similar to a blind black man caught up and cheering in a KKK parade because he hears the words "freedom" in the chants!

http://killsometime.com/humor/humor.asp?humor=Pentagon-911-Conspiracy#Main

Oh, and I voted as a rebel sympathizer. I believe it is important to fight but I myself am not a supporter of me getting hurt, arrested, or in trouble. I know this may seem cowardice, it is a strange predicament. But my theory, if I do not exist than nothing exists. Also, if my freedom is directly restricted (as in if I'm in jail) then it was certainly not worth it. My plan- escape and find a place I can enact my own wills freely!

Please open your mind and eyes! we need all the help we can get to straighten this country/world out!

--------------------
Free Laws: Things to understand before I am Free

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing
3. I must actualize myself
4. Sex is a tool for pleasure, not status
5. Dependency restricts me
6. Emotions are dangerous if not administered properly

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3671912 - 01/24/05 10:59 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Simply the reasoning behind it. The first words alone would be ok, but labelling all who are disgusted as loyalists and etc only promotes hate. At one point I would have gone with the first option and even liked the reasoning.. but then I looked around at the world and history.

Hate breeds hate and violence, violence only breeds violence and more hate. The peaceful path is far far more difficult to accomplish anything, but it's the only way. Coming from a family very hard hit by WW2, I find the call for revolution ridiculous, especially coming from cornfed middle-class America.

OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3671914 - 01/24/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Phishgrrl said:
very interested. I do not think fighting fire with fire is the answer. I do however think subversive tactics and intense discussion with EVERYONE is key.

If only this was possible. But then if you COULD sit everyone down and chat about it...a tremendous percentage of the population is illogical and wouldn't listen to anything but their own greed and penis'. After all 90% of the US population is Theistic...Illogic reins supreme.

--------------------

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: FreeLaws1_6]
    #3671915 - 01/24/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i lean more toward nonviolence in any circumstance, but there are times when revolutions must be fought. i'd definitely think about it and do what i could to help the movement.  :tongue2:
plus, there are places in the world who have it so much worse than we do...i'd rather go there and help them fight from their oppression. we have it easy, even with bush at the reigns.

OfflineMXNR
Male

#3671931 - 01/24/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Morrowind,

Quote:

Morrowind said:To explain more rationally,
"Peace will not come out of the clash of arms, but out of the justice lived and done by unarmed nations in the face of odds."
-Gandhi

I won't deal with your song quote, since it doesn't represent a piece of historical evidence, however your Gandhi quote Does represent a strategy of a movement. Granted, Gandhi did get results with his method of nonviolence, but I refer you to the history of the human race. Time and time again, history has taught us that FORCE DOES WORK. There is no cosmic justice or good, there are only 3D objects moving through space.

Just pick up a history text for examples of this point.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3671932 - 01/24/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

all this call for revolution worries me. Communism was a people's revolution don't you know.. It saddens me that I will likely die at the either at the hands of stupid revolutionists or crazed fundamentalists.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: Hendostan]
    #3671933 - 01/24/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
there are places in the world who have it so much worse than we do...i'd rather go there and help them fight from their oppression.

sounds like Iraq.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: Supernova]
    #3671950 - 01/24/05 11:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

supernova said:
Quote:

Hendostan said:
there are places in the world who have it so much worse than we do...i'd rather go there and help them fight from their oppression.

sounds like Iraq.

i'm not talking militarily dude...i'd never ally myself with the u.s. government :lol: however, i think the genocide in darfur should get more attention than this weeks bushisms...media doesn't help much

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3671952 - 01/24/05 11:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

No. There has never been a single just war, and I stand by this remark as I can defend it. All force is corrupted in time. The problem with revolution is that it is led by idealists who are quickly fooled by people who know how to manipulate the masses.

You should look at history, at those people who gave your very same arguments, and see how their beautiful movements invariably turned into evil.

Quote:

there are only 3D objects moving through space.

This materialistic point of view is always the first step, before revolution, that leads to hate and misery. Like it or not, all human interaction is subjective. 3D objects do not exist outside of theory.

Quote:

I won't deal with your song quote, since it doesn't represent a piece of historical evidence

Incorrect. You fail to see the intellectual driving force behind this. Songs are not only beautiful, but also far better than historical evidence at influencing good thought. Historical evidence is easily bent to anyone's will, especially since history is written by the victor, in a very real and frightening way.

I know that nothing I say will dissuade you, but whatever..

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3671955 - 01/24/05 11:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
all this call for revolution worries me. Communism was a people's revolution don't you know.. It saddens me that I will likely die at the either at the hands of stupid revolutionists or crazed fundamentalists.

america was also a people's revolution, if you believe in that kind of thing

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3671961 - 01/24/05 11:12 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I hear ya. and the Media is the worst problem we have IMO.

OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

#3671964 - 01/24/05 11:12 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
i lean more toward nonviolence in any circumstance, but there are times when revolutions must be fought. I'd definitely think about it and do what i could to help the movement.  :tongue2:
plus, there are places in the world who have it so much worse than we do...i'd rather go there and help them fight from their oppression. we have it easy, even with bush at the reigns.

No doubt fighting and hurting sucks...And I agree with you that sometimes revolutions need to happen. Or else we will be pushed around, similar to the kid getting lunch money taken from him. Talking to the bully all you want will not stop his force, unfortunately you may need to just pop him one. (not without trying the more peaceful and intellectual methods first though).

Of course there is always the forget the bully and get outta that town/school because your punch might not actually do a damn thing (especially if he's got brass knuckles and a crew of kids to jump you with..i hope my bully analogy is effectively illustrating the US/Bush) <- my choice.

**Oh and Hendostan, did you know the kid that got caught with the 23 lbs of mushies in Ohio? The article said he was from the same town as you (in a post this morning)**

--------------------

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3671972 - 01/24/05 11:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

and look where it led. That revolution is basically why America has become a huge but un-unified entity. The civil war was because of the inconsistencies brought out by the revolutionary war. British imperialism has left a horrible mark everywhere in the world, America being among the most obvious.

Communism.. France's reign of terror.. Fascism.. these were all "people's" movements.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3671977 - 01/24/05 11:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, i noticed he was from here :frown: didn't recognize the name though.

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #3671979 - 01/24/05 11:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

lol @ that poll

man that's some slanted shit heh

I vote none of them, I don't give a fuck and I don't own a xbox/tv :smile:

OfflineMXNR
Male

#3671983 - 01/24/05 11:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone thus far for helping me answer my question. I guess I'm not surprised to see that only a very small percentage would risk their life.

Morrowind, I don't know what I've said to suggest that nothing you can sway will dissuade me. On the contrary, i will adopt any belief which has the most evidence (chronicled observations) to support it. I believe at this point in time, that it has been shown more clearly that force is a very effective way to get things done than peaceful resistance. Granted, the people behind the force may be "evil" and corrupt able, but this is not the issue. If you can present more than one example of peaceful resistance being a more effective way than force, maybe you will begin the dissuasion.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: Digs]
    #3671984 - 01/24/05 11:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah thats what I said :p .. I voted disgusted just to argue against this though.

I wonder if they'll be so kind when they accuse me of being a loyalist when I refuse to give them my house and kill me? That always happens...

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3671995 - 01/24/05 11:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
and look where it led. That revolution is basically why America has become a huge but un-unified entity. The civil war was because of the inconsistencies brought out by the revolutionary war. British imperialism has left a horrible mark everywhere in the world, America being among the most obvious.

Communism.. France's reign of terror.. Fascism.. these were all "people's" movements.

this is very true. what kind of movement would you suggest? history is full of people who stand up for themselves and say "enough! fuck you!" just read about the labor movement in the early 20th century...these things aren't in history textbooks, but have been absolutely essential to history..we need resistance, civil disobediance, protesting..it doesn't necessarily mean violence, but every situation is different

OfflineCagedHominid
TribalAdventurer

Loc: south texas, terra
    #3672000 - 01/24/05 11:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

PEACE? you think we can find peace in this mess??

what is this peace you speak about, exactly?

look at our present situation, without any wishful thinking goggles to make us retain some sense of warm-fuzzy feelings. we are being deceived on a massive scale through the media and advertising. the corporations own our righteous protectors, the so-called politicians. we are being poisoned by chemicals that most people in america cannot even read, as factories pump out the sludge and smog. our food has petroleum in it! we are convinced we are sick if we are not good slaves, er- workers, so that we will consume their pills and feel disempowered. we are drafted, shipped off to war, without even the proper f'n weapons!, to fight for a few millionare's investments. $411 billion spent on weapons... how much spent on people? oh... investing in human being's safety and well being is not profitable...

Their force owns us, and based on evidence, supported by history, it is only getting worse.

and some hum and smile smugly at the notion that our idealism will get us through this. because there is a force called 'good' that, as a property of the universe, will somehow conquer over 'evil'. what a simple idea. a superstition.

given REALITY as it stands, how will such radical changes be made 'peacefully'?

force creates change, not song lyrics and hippy cliches. force must be fought with force. do you really think we can reason with the people who misinform, poison, sell, and kill us for MONEY?

tell me how a revolution without arms would happen. tell me how, not like a storybook star wars tale, an army is fought against without arms. how can we love down commanche helicopters? how can you peacefully resist the patriot act, the draft, a jail sentence? tell me how your 'peace' stops bullets from blowing off your face.

--------------------
"It's after the end of the world," whispers the homeless man on the corner, "don't you know that yet?"

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: CagedHominid]
    #3672018 - 01/24/05 11:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i voted disgusted just so I could see the results. I can't answer your poll the way it is written. What acts of violence does your "revolution" anticipate- what targets? would it include people? etc. What exactly is it that you are fighting for (i.e, how do you define "true freedom"?). And who will lead when the revolution accomplishes its end, assuming it does?

OfflineMXNR
Male

#3672022 - 01/24/05 11:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hendostan,

I agree with most of what you say, but about protesting and civil disobedience. I think that, in our current age, the powers that be have shown way more than enough evidence that they don't care about the people anymore, but only the special interest groups and corporations. Protest all you like, they have their hands over their ears. Our voices don't matter. The entire country will come to realize this, it is all just a matter of time. I see it now, that is why people call me radical/far-left. If you are ahead of the curve, you get labeled. I wonder what it will take for most people to realize these things? Hopefully it is before they are shackled to walls.
Or maybe this is Darwinism. Maybe they deserve it. The foxes who can't see the cliff up ahead, fall when they come to it. But those who were more paranoid, more questioning, they ran into the woods and made many litters of little paranoid foxes.
Or maybe that fox just needs Prozac...

--------------------

OfflineCagedHominid
TribalAdventurer

Loc: south texas, terra
    #3672023 - 01/24/05 11:29 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Digs said:
lol @ that poll

perhaps you should refrain from commenting if you have nothing to say.

--------------------
"It's after the end of the world," whispers the homeless man on the corner, "don't you know that yet?"

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3672028 - 01/24/05 11:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

resistence is fine, but as soon as violence and hatred get into the mix, it is a detrimental movement. What kind of resistence? How about seeing people more interested in what's going on in the world. America is full of disinterested people - why ? Because they have no threats to their way of life, and the media tells them all they could possibly need psychologically.

To start, independant media that gives multiple view points, cutting down on as much subjective language as possible. The economist does a fairly good job in this in terms of economic matters - but I've seen nothing like this socially. Few people even know that there IS a problem in America.

People are either satisfied by religion, sports or material goods- the system has become very balanced with their creation and spread, largely due to the federal government butting in. Libertarianism would be wonderful for the federal government- it would essentially make America much much smaller- the states themselves would be countries, and the US would be a collective of independant bodies. This would make it impossible to have strong national media, huge celebrities and the like. Would it be less comfy? Yes. Would it oppress quite so many? No.

On a state level, I'd endorse more government-controlled things; ala green party or something.

This requires not only voting - but actively volunteering time and etc to these programs. Protests are quick exertions, not long-time commitments.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3672036 - 01/24/05 11:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You forgot:

"Impossible. Even with a huge opposition to the government, but it would consist of a huge variety of different opinions, there's no way you'd be able to establish a new stable government that people would agree on. Not to mention, how many modern government coups have led to anything but violent dictatorships, no matter the good intent of the rebels?"

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3672042 - 01/24/05 11:33 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So do something about it.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
- Isaac Asimov

Quote:

Their force owns us, and based on evidence, supported by history, it is only getting worse.

Perhaps it owns you, but that's just you and many others.

Quote:

Realistically speaking, violence will make it much worse later on.

Quote:

force creates change, not song lyrics and hippy cliches

Hail the bloody revolution of the PEOPLE, eh? No.

Quote:

tell me how a revolution without arms would happen. tell me how, not like a storybook star wars tale, an army is fought against without arms. how can we love down commanche helicopters? how can you peacefully resist the patriot act, the draft, a jail sentence? tell me how your 'peace' stops bullets from blowing off your face.

For starters, see my above post.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3672065 - 01/24/05 11:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Lay out the aforementioned evidence, please.

Marketing.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineMXNR
Male

#3672074 - 01/24/05 11:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting to see that so far 75% of the shroomites would participate in the revolt to some degree.

Again, the author of the post apologizes for any bias that may exist in the post. If you don't find an option that matches your option exactly, vote for the option that comes closest and then clarify how your opinion differs.

I hope we can get a good look at the Shroomery's opinion on this topic!

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3672077 - 01/24/05 11:39 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i hear what you are saying, however the goals need to be clear to justify the action. if the goal is a whole new country, new system, new government..then yes, a massive war would need to take place. if the goal is to make a stand on a small scale, win the hearts and minds of more people, and claim small but significant victories, then non violent action really works. i've seen it, and mlk realized it. of course, he ended up dead, but you know what i mean...he made a huge dent against racism in this country before he was killed, nonviolently.
the way i see it, the people outnumber the gov't pretty easily, and they need a large number of people to stay content, i.e. the middle class. but the middle class is shrinking...we're making less and spending more than we ever have, and as soon as the massive cushion of the middle class has eroded to mostly poverty, the gov't will have no protection. somehow, we're under the illusion that this will never happen, but i beg to differ. there's a great chapter in howard zinn's a people's history called "the coming revolt of the guards"...read it.
these small demonstrations, revolts, protests...they are just the first steps in a much larger movement. i think as the deficit rises more, taxes continue to go up, inflation continues, wages stay the same, and the general hostile atmosphere continues to grow, i think we will start seeing a lot more oranization coming from these countermovements.

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #3672090 - 01/24/05 11:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CagedHominid said:
Quote:

Digs said:
lol @ that poll

perhaps you should refrain from commenting if you have nothing to say.

I thought it was something :shrug:

OfflineMXNR
Male

#3672177 - 01/24/05 11:51 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I love the Avatar! Did you see this thread?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3615549

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3673820 - 01/24/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hell yeah I'd fight.....I think things need to change now, I don't even want to think about the Patriot Act 2. However, i'm non-violent, so my style of fighting will be done with a visine bottle.  :grin: :weirdeyes:

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3673885 - 01/24/05 07:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You can count on my steel.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3673893 - 01/24/05 07:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I would be Extremely Interested, but I would join no ranks. All change I made would be solitary, as I do not trust others not to rat me out. I'd be very interested in sabotage and destruction to help slow the Feds, but less interested in physical violence. That's a last resort

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#3673957 - 01/24/05 07:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FreeLaws1_6 said:
On with the Rebellion!! Fuck bush and the media/federal gov (excellent description of the government by the way!)! Freedom!

:headbanger:  :thumbup: :headbanger:

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: TYL3R]
    #3674086 - 01/24/05 07:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Extremely Interested! I would join the ranks and risk my life. What life could be greater than one fighting for what is good? Viva la revolution! You are a Freedom Fighter.

Disgusted! I would never tolerate an affront to my president and my government! My grandfather fought for this flag, no way am I going to let a bunch of thieves steal the glory of this country! Down with the terrorists! You are a Loyalist.

Look How these 2 obviously are 2 different answers. Of course people are gonna chose the one that says "freedom fighter" as opposed to opposite choice which the poster tried so hard to find a description that didnt sound blatenly biased....Loyalists hiding under there desks ha. America is still a democratic state which means unless you think the polls are embellsihed and are minds brainwashed, are gov't still represents what we as Americans vote for. I dont like the Patriot Act when I first heard of its existence but I yet to see the Act being abused since it was introduced 4 years back. This revolution wouldnt make it out of your neighborhood but man I would love to see a few dozen pissed off guys running towards washing DC with pitch forks in there hands.

OfflineAnyColor
Stranger ThenBeans

Loc: Still Somewhere
Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3674256 - 01/24/05 08:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You forgot to add "pick up the fight ->against<- the rebellion", but maybe thats just me. To each his own I guess.

Chill

--------------------
"Its Like a Koala Bear Crapped a Rainbow in my Brain"

Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
    #3674309 - 01/24/05 08:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
I voted disgusted. Your poll is VERY biased however.

"You say you want a revolution
Well you know
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know you can count me out"

To explain more rationally,
-Gandhi

i agree

...with our love
with our love we could save the world
if the only knew
then its far too late when they pass away...

"Within you without you" written by George played by the Beatles

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3674468 - 01/24/05 08:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The poll is flawed (as I think has been pointed out already).  It is extremely influenced by the authors bias.  I simply answered "not interested" to see the results.

I consider myself a patriot.  I would fight to defend the way of life that I think is afforded to me by the US Constitution.  But "fight" is a subjective word. I think we are far from having to resort to any form of violence to 'fight' for what we belive in here in the USA.

I take an active part in government (especially on a local level where I think individuals can do the most good).  I vote.  I try to educate others around me about the things that I see going wrong and what could be done to make them right.  I support groups who stand for ideas that I believe in (with my time and money).  This is my way of 'fighting' to make a change.

A time comes when violent revolution must takie place, but it has not come to that in America yet.  The revolution that needs to happen has more to do with the attitudes and apathy of the citizens.  That is where the root of all our problems lies.  The constitution was written in a way that gives the people the power to change things.  The only way the citizens could lose power is through apathy.  And now we brag about "record turnouts" on election day when only 40% of the people vote! :nonono:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineMXNR
Male

Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3677363 - 01/25/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Guys,

I apologize again for allowing my personal bias to leak into the poll, but I have huge interest in seeing how the Shroomites would respond to such a hypothetical revolution.
It spawned out of an interesting debate I had with a friend about whether or not such a revolution was even possible given human nature and the size/disconnectedness of the various factions of our "nation."
Sorry if I pissed anyone off with my word choice, but this was not my purpose.

--------------------

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #3677836 - 01/25/05 01:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I would most certainly fight, but, being an anarchist, I would fight for the right to live free. I would be extremely let down if a revolution did occur, only to find out that I once again had to live under the rule of someone else when it was over. Whatever the case, any government oppresses at least one person, and I see this a a terrible thing. So if a revolution were to occur I would like to have the choice to do whatever the hell I please afterwards.
I know someone is gonna say "anarchy doesnt work because blah blah blah", but I could care less about nationwide lack of government. Requiring anarchy for the rest of the citizens of America would defeat the whole idea of anarchy in the first place. All I would ask for would be the right to be ruled over by no one and I definately think this is a cause worth dying for.
There's a quote that goes something like "A man has the right to throw his fist until it reaches the next man's nose". I don't know who said it but that sums up my view of why a revolution is needed. The American government is constantly throwing it's fist (both physically and metaphorically) and it never stops before it reaches the next man's nose.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale