Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: vampirism]
    #3674309 - 01/24/05 08:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
I voted disgusted. Your poll is VERY biased however.

"You say you want a revolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know you can count me out"

To explain more rationally,
"Peace will not come out of the clash of arms, but out of the justice lived and done by unarmed nations in the face of odds."
-Gandhi

i agree

...with our love
with our love we could save the world
if the only knew
then its far too late when they pass away...

"Within you without you" written by George played by the Beatles

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: MXNR]
    #3674468 - 01/24/05 08:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The poll is flawed (as I think has been pointed out already).  It is extremely influenced by the authors bias.  I simply answered "not interested" to see the results.

I consider myself a patriot.  I would fight to defend the way of life that I think is afforded to me by the US Constitution.  But "fight" is a subjective word. I think we are far from having to resort to any form of violence to 'fight' for what we belive in here in the USA.

I take an active part in government (especially on a local level where I think individuals can do the most good).  I vote.  I try to educate others around me about the things that I see going wrong and what could be done to make them right.  I support groups who stand for ideas that I believe in (with my time and money).  This is my way of 'fighting' to make a change.

A time comes when violent revolution must takie place, but it has not come to that in America yet.  The revolution that needs to happen has more to do with the attitudes and apathy of the citizens.  That is where the root of all our problems lies.  The constitution was written in a way that gives the people the power to change things.  The only way the citizens could lose power is through apathy.  And now we brag about "record turnouts" on election day when only 40% of the people vote! :nonono:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineMXNR
Did the Mushroom choose you?
Male

Loc: MARS
Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3677363 - 01/25/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Guys,

I apologize again for allowing my personal bias to leak into the poll, but I have huge interest in seeing how the Shroomites would respond to such a hypothetical revolution.
It spawned out of an interesting debate I had with a friend about whether or not such a revolution was even possible given human nature and the size/disconnectedness of the various factions of our "nation."
Sorry if I pissed anyone off with my word choice, but this was not my purpose.

--------------------
Master: Everyday change your clothes and eat your food and you will become enlightened.

Pupil: Master, I do not understand...

Master: If you don't understand, eat your food and change your clothes.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Would anyone fight? A Revolutionary POLL! [Re: MXNR]
    #3677836 - 01/25/05 01:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I would most certainly fight, but, being an anarchist, I would fight for the right to live free. I would be extremely let down if a revolution did occur, only to find out that I once again had to live under the rule of someone else when it was over. Whatever the case, any government oppresses at least one person, and I see this a a terrible thing. So if a revolution were to occur I would like to have the choice to do whatever the hell I please afterwards.
I know someone is gonna say "anarchy doesnt work because blah blah blah", but I could care less about nationwide lack of government. Requiring anarchy for the rest of the citizens of America would defeat the whole idea of anarchy in the first place. All I would ask for would be the right to be ruled over by no one and I definately think this is a cause worth dying for.
There's a quote that goes something like "A man has the right to throw his fist until it reaches the next man's nose". I don't know who said it but that sums up my view of why a revolution is needed. The American government is constantly throwing it's fist (both physically and metaphorically) and it never stops before it reaches the next man's nose.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom