Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

Loc: Tejas
Re: Women brain vs. man brain [Re: Phluck]
    #3672336 - 01/24/05 12:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:

I should point out that I also meant men who are successful in anything, respected artists of any kind, businessmen, etc., will certainly attract more women than others. Different people will feel competative satisfaction in different ways, if someone is really good at what they do, there's no need to feel brutish, they are satisfied feeling proud of their accomplishments.

Gotcha. Point taken!

--------------------
Free Laws: Things to understand before I am Free

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing
3. I must actualize myself
4. Sex is a tool for pleasure, not status
5. Dependency restricts me
6. Emotions are dangerous if not administered properly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

Re: Women brain vs. man brain [Re: FreeLaws1_6]
    #3672338 - 01/24/05 12:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FreeLaws1_6 said:
Not to be rude but natural selection doesn't exist anymore.

I beg to differ. It certainly still exists, just in a slightly different manner than previously before. It exists not in the sense that the weak genes die off from disease or being eaten by animals, but more in a socioeconomic level. It exists in a combination of ways with those that exhibit strength and guile will survive. Whereas those lacking in sufficient skill and attributes slowly fall down the status ladder of humanity and eventually their genes will no longer be passed on. Such an example would be one of the most apparrent undesirable traits such as being ugly. I'm trying to say anything bad about people but just how a system of such manner would work. People with less desireable physical attributes would more likely be prone to having a mate with similar characteristics. They will go on to have children passing on their undesireable traits. Now with society, it is sad to say however those generally less favored. Not to say that they can't be favored, just less likely. Unless they have other redeeming characteristics such as intelligence humor whatever then they will get stuck with what they got and breed with another with similar status genes. Eventually these genes just keep getting recycled with the bottom of the barrel of humanity and eventually they carry so many undesirable traits that they just fade away through various sorts of mechanisms I don't really feel like getting into right now. It is just in our nature to find someone that is better than or equal to us and good characteristics will continuously be matched with good characteristics. However eventually if one still has some good characteristics but not all, they will be looked on lesser in time. I think evolution is related to natural selection and this is kinda how it works.

Also I read once that they hadn't proved that womens abilities at mathematics were any worse or better than mens. However I read that they did a study and showed that when they tested women, they performed just as good as men when taking the test in a group solely consistent of women. When they took the test with men in the population the women tested lower. The men tested the same regardless of the population. A suggestion to this could, not entirely so, be related to the cavemen days. Such as you were discussing earlier where women took care of the children and men were the hunter gatherers. Women needed the skill to be aware and notice a baby crying or other noises that could be heard in their dwellings and such without being too concentrated on one task. Multitasking if you will. Whereas the men out in the wilderness hunting. Needed to be very concentrated on the task at hand, being quite and able to block outside interferences such as say the noise from a river or wind while they hunted their prey and such. I dunno if its entirely true just a possible theory.

Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
Re: Women brain vs. man brain [Re: relativexistance]
    #3672371 - 01/24/05 12:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

BUT people who are of "low status"(I'm assuming this means low education, low income etc.) tend to make more children than those who are higher up the ladder. Perhaps their genes will win in the end?

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

Re: Women brain vs. man brain [Re: ummikko]
    #3672377 - 01/24/05 12:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

very good point

OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

Re: Women brain vs. man brain [Re: relativexistance]
    #3672390 - 01/24/05 12:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

relativexistance said:

It exists not in the sense that the weak genes die off from disease or being eaten by animals, but more in a socioeconomic level. It exists in a combination of ways with those that exhibit strength and guile will survive.

I agree with you on that one. It's called Social Darwinism. "The strongest smartest people survive economically- and therefore deserve it." Where people are in life is where they are supposed to be...Bill gates, even though he stole the Microsoft program...deserves his position because he had the ability to get there.

Quote:

Whereas those lacking in sufficient skill and attributes slowly fall down the status ladder of humanity and eventually their genes will no longer be passed on.

This I disagree with however. The most "unsuccessful" people of this nation/world are the lower class citizens, who make up the majority of the population. Interesting phenomenon really- the more intelligent, financially well-off, and "successful" are only a few at the top. This is evident with the fact that we even have unemployment, homeless and hungry. They breed more it seems- perhaps to better there genetics chance of survival because of such harsh conditions and attributes.

Quote:

Eventually these genes just keep getting recycled with the bottom of the barrel of humanity and eventually they carry so many undesirable traits that they just fade away through various sorts of mechanisms I don't really feel like getting into right now.

"If there is any hope it's in the Proles" ~George Orwell, 1984.
Really the worker class, unattractive, unsuccessful, uneducated folks wont be weeded out, and I suppose if they do I cant see as to why they would unless something happens in which the environment calls for the characteristics they don't have. Presently, workers are needed everywhere, they wont be dying off for a while, unless you expect the upper class to start taking out their garbage and trimming there own hedges.

Quote:

It is just in our nature to find someone that is better than or equal to us and good characteristics will continuously be matched with good characteristics. However eventually if one still has some good characteristics but not all, they will be looked on lesser in time. I think evolution is related to natural selection and this is kinda how it works.

Natural selection is the tool of evolution. I certainly understand your reason that if greater specimen were searched out, then certainly the less desirable would be left behind and eventually die out. I would just say that for some reason we dont have that happening much anymore. Any person, attractive or not, smart or not, loving or hating...for some reason...finds a mate. There are so many people on this planet, I would claim we are mal adapted and lazy...so we dont really have the same qualifications that we used to.

--------------------

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Women brain vs. man brain [Re: CherryBom]
    #3672398 - 01/24/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Women lack the upper body strength unless on steroids.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: Women brain vs. man brain [Re: FreeLaws1_6]
    #3672405 - 01/24/05 12:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Man Smart, Women Smarter

Let us put men and women together, see which one is smarter,
Some say men, but I say no, women got the men like a puppet show.

It ain't me it's the people that say, men are leading women astray,
I say, it's the women today, smarter than the men in every way,
That's right the women are smarter, the women are smarted that's right.

Little boy sitting in the corner and cry, big man come and ask him why,
He said "I can't do what the big boys do", the man sat down and he cried too.

I say, it's the women today, smarter than the men in every way.
That's right the women are smarter, the women are smarted that's right

Ever since the world began women been imitating the ways of men,
But listen cause I've got a plan, give it up just don't try to understand.

I say, it's the women today, smarter than the men in every way.
That's right the women are smarter, the women are smarted that's right.

:gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon:

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

Re: Women brain vs. man brain [Re: ummikko]
    #3672432 - 01/24/05 01:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ummikko said:
BUT people who are of "low status"(I'm assuming this means low education, low income etc.) tend to make more children than those who are higher up the ladder. Perhaps their genes will win in the end?

I agree!

--------------------

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing

Invisibledrowneduck
The Mad Scot
Male

Loc: Lurkland UK Flag
Re: Women brain vs. man brain [Re: blissedout]
    #3672615 - 01/24/05 01:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I wondered when someone was gonna do that. :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom