Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRainyDayDreamAwa
Still Raining,Still Dreaming

Loc: Red side of Washington (S...
Crazy Dreams
    #3670275 - 01/24/05 01:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This year i am a junior in Highschool and ever since school started i have been having weird dreams, at least once every night, but sometimes more than one. all of the dreams are very different, but there are similar themes to all of them.

For instance, in one dream i am in a place that i know exists in the real world (usually places that i go to often) but the way i see them in the dream are wrong. Another theme is that i am running/wandering through the desert or some kind of barren wilderness, with a sence of complete isolation like i have never known another person in my entire life. Often in these dreams some sort of puzzle gets in my way of whereever im going, and it is essiential that i get past it so i can keep wandering. Another is that a memory from my childhood comes forth from the back of my mind in the dream, then i sort of re-live it, but when i wake up im not sure if they are real or not.

These dreams can be pretty cool, but sometimes they leave me with strange feelings and i cant get the dream out of my head for days. Some dreams are very gruesome, i remember having a dream where the walls of my basement were linded with refigerators full of chopped up and decaying bodies, another dream i had i was sitting at a desk and i had an itch on my foot so i looked down to see a dead bodie chewing on it. pretty crazy stuff.

I have often confused some of the less crazy dreams with reality which kinda sucks when i bring up what i thought happened in real life only to get confused looks from my friends who have no clue what im talking about. Other dreams i confuse with reality even though i shouldent, like a dream i had last night about walking down a carpeted road throught the desert. I thought "why would anyone build a carpeted road" so i thought about it more and realized that it was just a dream i had. Stuff like that is weird because the dream kind of implants itself into my memory, and only when something triggers the memory am i able to analyze it and realize it was a dream, not like a normal dream where you just wake up and think that was weird.

If anyone knows anything about dreams or anything like that, a post would be cool.

by the way, i only trip like once every 6 months, usually on shrooms or salvia (never anything harder) and i doubt they have anything to do with this.

--------------------
Lay back and groove on a rainy day.
Lay back and dream on a rainy day

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Crazy Dreams [Re: RainyDayDreamAwa]
    #3670664 - 01/24/05 03:05 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

sounds pretty normal to me

you don't need to follow what happens
just observe and do not deny your inner life.
it never means what it looks like, the meaning is not nearly as important as one might think.
the wierder the better, it means your mind is working, digesting the huge masses of daily information into your own memory matrix. the images are overlays and nothing in themselves but often very interesting to consider.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #3670982 - 01/24/05 04:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If dreams are disturbing you, you may be interested in taking more control of your dream-life by training the skill to lucid dream. There have been many posts here (just do a search), and I have a few excellent PDF e-books on the subject. Shoot me a PM if you'd like one.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Offlinerepemon
journeyman
Re: Crazy Dreams [Re: TinTree]
    #3671274 - 01/24/05 06:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Talking bout weird dreams:

Yesterday night I was running to a complex-machinerylike place which was 1000m meter high filled with lifts and the like.

The place was inhabitated by 2 species: The apes, and the leaders of the apes. They were all very cruelsome, killing their own species, hitting them to head with big stones and the like.

I had the plan (I was like the maincharacter of some action game on a mission) on venturing to the highest level of the complex to get some LSD :o

I ended up trying to avoid all these creatures that were trying to kill me, and I ended up crushing them with all these bonelike weapons that were lying there.
And what I've found is that the bad feelings inside me always show up in the way that there is these "aliens" , "apes" or halfhumans trying to kill me, and Im the saviour who trys to manage trough their settings.

:smile:

Am I crazy? For sure :smile:
Does this mean something like I want to kill people? No

--------------------
- When the time stops, evil ones will be pointed out for all to see.

Edited by repemon (01/24/05 07:05 AM)

OfflineRainyDayDreamAwa

Re: Crazy Dreams [Re: repemon]
    #3673678 - 01/24/05 08:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Im not worried im crazy and im not disturbed by these dreams, im just saying that before this year i dreamed like once a month then all of a sudden im dreaming 1 or 2 times a night. I'd say thats kinda weird, but the thing where i dont know whats a dream and whats not is the only reason i bothered to post this.

--------------------

Offlineheadset
Stranger
    #3675262 - 01/25/05 12:37 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Could possibly be a sign of your burdgeoning spiritual aspects (grasping at straws... but since your here...) and mental concentration, and maturity in general.

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Crazy Dreams [Re: headset]
    #3678255 - 01/25/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I know just what you mean. My dreams range from absolutely insane to the type that confuse you about real life. Before exam week I always have dreams where I go to wrong classes, miss exams, forget to study, and I wake up in a panic. Other dreams that confuse me are usually about how I have all this food in my freezer/fridge and when I check after the dream it's empty. It freaks me the hell out because sometimes I have no idea whether something happened in reality.

My insane dreams usually involve me dying, going to hell, being mutilated, getting permanetly messed up from drugs, et cetera.

In fact, I had this dream at the beginning of summer (June) and it TRAUMATIZED me and RUINED my entire summer because I freaked out about it for months.

I don't know what to say.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineRainyDayDreamAwa

Re: Crazy Dreams [Re: Society]
    #3680195 - 01/25/05 11:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well i was looking up stuff on the internet and off of this site on Lucid dreams, and that would probably be something worthwhile to do since i dream so much. Plus, it gives me something to do while i sleep. I've never had a Lucid dream before, and some of the reasons that people learn to lucid dream range from spiritual enlightment to just wandering around inside your head. Has anyone learned to consistantly Lucid dream in here?

Also, it makes sence that lucid dreaming would be a better tool for exploring yourself than Psychoactives, since when your dreaming you are entirely in your head. Just a thought

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3680315 - 01/26/05 12:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sometimes a dream is so fucking weird that I step back for a second and say "I have to be dreaming, this makes no sense."  This is when you can have a lucid dream, as long as you don't get so excited at the realization that you wake up.  Thats happened too many times to me. :frown:

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: Crazy Dreams [Re: Boom]
    #3680875 - 01/26/05 01:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

A strange phenomenon that happened this morning and has occured 4 times in the past, is that I don't fully awaken, but can lay there and listen to music in my head. It's really quite amazing as to the complexity of the stuff that goes on entirely in my mind. I'm fully lucid when it happens and it sounds just as real as if I were wearing some headphones. Each time the music has been completely different. The first time it was just a guitar playing through some melodies. The second time it was classical music, the third time sounded like some industrial techno, and this morning was a sort of progressive rock/metal complete with lyrics, though I can't really recall them. Any one else ever experience anything like this?

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: Crazy Dreams [Re: phalloidin]
    #3691740 - 01/28/05 01:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah its not too hard to learn that when something crazy is happening that you may be dreaming. Being lucid is so interesting/fun.

My dreams havent been great ever since my grandfather died and I found out while tripping. About once a week I see my grandfather in a TV in my dream and he usually says something that scares the hell out of me. Its scary and sad and frustrating all at the same time. During the day I am usually depressed after having these dreams.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Offlinerepemon
journeyman
Re: Crazy Dreams [Re: Crestfallen]
    #3692220 - 01/28/05 04:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You should call yourself fortunate if you keep seeing this same dream. This way you can work out the feeling. Next time, try to listen what he is saying in the dream for just a tiny bit longer before freaking out. This will make the progress start. This is a clear visual of the feeling inside of you, for you to integrate.

You truly are lucky if you keep seeing the same dream.

--------------------
- When the time stops, evil ones will be pointed out for all to see.

OfflineJacquesSauniere
mr
Re: Crazy Dreams [Re: repemon]
    #3692470 - 01/28/05 08:37 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

if they are effected you adversely then you might want to smoke a joint before sleeping, will knock you out and you wont remember a thing in the morning!

just make sure you set the alarm for the morning though

OfflineRainyDayDreamAwa

Re: Crazy Dreams [Re: JacquesSauniere]
    #3693841 - 01/28/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Smoking and sleeping dont work very well for me. it usually hypes me up and makes me want to play guitar and eat food. Besides, if i learn to lucid dream, It would be cool to wander around (consciously) in a world completly made up in my head every night. The only problem is that you have to write down every detail of every dream you have every night, and this takes alot of time to do. The last dream i had took me a 1/2 hour to write down (but it was an awsome dream and it was worth remembering).

--------------------

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3694640 - 01/28/05 07:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thats happened to me Boom, I figure to have a lucid dream, the way to do it is realize in your dream, that it is a dream, but not to get excited...like before when I was having a lucid dream, both times I got excited and slowly woke up, it sucked.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being