Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAsazman
Stranger
Did I just take acid??
    #3669131 - 01/23/05 08:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I had my first tripping experience last night with two of my close friends and two others to supervise. We were under the assumption that we were taking mushrooms, but now I'm not so sure. We got the stuff in chocolates, about the size of peanut butter cups. We started off at 7:30pm in my dorm room and my two friends cut theirs up and took 1/4 of it, i took half of that (1/8) because I have OCD and didn't know how it was going to affect me. About 45 minutes later we moved over to a quiet place with no distractions at a friend of mine's dorm room across campus.

By then I wasn't really feeling any different, mostly nerviousness. I had never tried any drug before in my entire life and I had been planning this for a while, so I wasn't sure what to expect. At about 8:45 I took my other 1/8 and they took 1/4 because they weren't feeling anything yet. At about 9:30pm we all felt relaxed and good, but nothing really out of the ordinary (no visuals). At about 10:00pm I took the other 1/4, so all of us have taken half the chocolate.

At about 11:30 I still wasn't feeling any different, but both my friends were feeling it. One of my friends put on headphones, closed his eyes and listened to tool. He said he took a really intense trip for about 8 minutes before my sober friend brought him back. I was not feeling this way or my other friend. He was also experiencing open eye visuals a little bit; in the room there was a really weird carpet with crazy lines and stuff and he said they were moving (along with the cammo on his pants). I was not seeing anything like this.

at 12:00am I was disapointed I wasn't feeling anything so I took anothe 1/4 (I'm up to 3/4 right now) and my other friend (not the one tripping) took his other half. I chilled out for a while and tried to bring my trip out but I didn't really notice any differences until half an hour later, when I listen to tool and had closed eye visuals. Nothing too intense; there was color and I had a minor journy but not something my friend described as "letting go." He was also talking about worrying he may not be able to come back. I only saw things when my eyes were closed and I was into music and zoning out. I had no open eye visuals.

I sort I felt like I was living in a dream so to speak, I couldn't remember stuff from two seconds ago as clear as when I was sober, and I couldn't fully understand what people were saying (I would misinterpret them) and I couldn't accurately get my words out.

By 6am everything wore off. I felt sober and then I went to sleep. I don't remember my dreams.

At dinner this afternoon, someone I don't know very well said that the stuff I took last night had LSD in it. He is a person who jokes around a lot but generally tries to fuck with people as much as possible, but it's possible he was telling the truth.

My question is this: Is it possible what I took was LSD? Was it a mixture? If so will there be any long-term effects? I always heard that LSD made your brainstem bleed down into your spinal-cord fluid and that kind of freaks me the hell out....I also heard that acid kills your sperm, and I want to have kids. I feel a little strange today, at 8pm but nothing out of the ordinary.

Please, please, please help...

Thanks guys!

Edited by Asazman (01/23/05 08:34 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
Re: Did I just take acid?? [Re: Asazman]
    #3669148 - 01/23/05 08:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What is LCD? I'm guessing you mean LSD because LCD is a type of computer monitor lol

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
    #3669166 - 01/23/05 08:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dont worry, LCD doesnd do any damage to your body, LSD doesnt do it either!  :wink:

Seriously, acid is very safe for the body, these are myths and are entirely false. As for what was in your chocolate.....  who knows...?

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
Re: Did I just take acid?? [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #3669186 - 01/23/05 08:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

An LCD monitor might be damaging to the body if you bash yourself over the head with it hahaha.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3669189 - 01/23/05 08:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What you took was mushrooms but acid doesn't do any of that. Those are myths. www.erowid.org .

OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

Loc: uk
    #3669194 - 01/23/05 08:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not sure if it was mushrooms you had or lsd . (i assume you mean LSD and not "LCD")

LSD will NOT make you brain bleed or anything else you said, they are all lies,myths.

Don't believe what everyone tells you , if you want to find out about different types of drugs just check out erowid:

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml

take care.

--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

Re: Did I just take acid?? [Re: esin]
    #3669201 - 01/23/05 08:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like esin beat me to it  lol  :laugh:

--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3669211 - 01/23/05 08:23 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

99.99 % sure you didn't take acid. many reasons why. but first, mushroom chocolates are quite common, and they are hard to know what's in them, dose wise, there could be a good amount or a small amount of shrooms in the chocolate, and it might be hard to tell either way. this is why they suck! unless you or a friend makes them.

and if you cut up one chocolate each, and ate it in 1/4 that is why you didn't feel anything but threshold effects, you basically spread out the trip, instead of get it all at once.

and use the search function you will find answers to all these questions.

and ... all the things you heard about acid are urban legends, pot seeds are suppose to kill your sperm too, and i heard E also makes your brain bleed. :rolleyes:

OfflineAsazman
Stranger
Re: Did I just take acid?? [Re: zerozero]
    #3669268 - 01/23/05 08:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

sorry guys i was freaking out and put LCD instead of LSD, it's fixed. Anyway all I'm looking for is some reinforcement that I didn't take a drug as hard as LSD (not LCD heh). I've never tried a drug in my entire life and if I think I took LSD I will probably never attempt to ever again.

Thanks everybody

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3669273 - 01/23/05 08:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I doubt you took acid, the duration would probably have been longer were it acid. Also, acid is no more harmful than shrooms physically, which mainly means it's not harmful at all physically. If you did indeed get acid instead of mushrooms, it's not like it would matter much, they are similar drugs in that they are both hallucinogenics and produce similar effects, though each has its differences, and neither of them causes any physical damage

Perhaps you should educate yourself more: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineAsazman
Stranger
    #3669288 - 01/23/05 08:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i've read through the erowid vaults many times, but this still doesn't explain why, rarely, people have long term effects from the drug. I remember people making posts (i think on this forum) regarding taking shrooms three consecutive days and not being able to concentrate or read a paragraph without being lost. Are you guys saying there is absolutely wrong with taking shrooms or acid? i find that kind of hard to believe (but I hope I'm wrong)

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
    #3669312 - 01/23/05 08:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, as long you are respectful of them, mushrooms and acid are the safest drugs known to man.....listen to what we're telling you, we know what we're talking about.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#3669322 - 01/23/05 08:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think anyone's claiming that you can take strong hallucinogens like LSD everyday and not be changed by it, but physically there has never been any evidence of either LSD or mushrooms causing any damage, even after taking them everyday. LSD does not make "your brainstem bleed down into your spinal-cord fluid", nor does it kill your sperm or cause any physical damage. Psychologically, LSD and mushrooms can act as a catalyst for pre-existing psychological disorders such as schizophrenia if you are born with dormant schizophrenia, and if you are not mentally stable, content and happy while taking hallucinogens, they can cause you to have a bad trip, but again, all negative (and positive) effects are psychological. Even if you do have a bad trip, with time you can overcome any effects the bad trip left on your mind, because it is psychological and not physical.

Personally, if I had to choose between doing LSD or mushrooms everyday, and doing tobacco or alcohol everyday, I would probably choose the hallucinogens. Tobacco and alcohol are without a doubt more harmful than LSD, which you seem to regard as an evil hard drug, but like everything moderation is the key to safety.

And as a note, people have done LSD everyday for an extended period and been psychologically and physically fine after it.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineAsazman
Stranger
    #3669341 - 01/23/05 08:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i don't doubt that - this is one of the most honest, helpful, friendly forum i have ever encountered. I have a great deal of respect for each one of the members on the shroomery. However you have to realize that i am FREAKING OUT!! sometimes people are irrationally scared and frightened. I'm young and stupid (18) and don't want this to fuck up my chances to have a good, respectible life. I am dyslexic and have ADD and OCD and I have had to work very hard to get where I am now and I don't want to think that i fucked up my chances. sorry if i'm being irrational and scared.

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
    #3669361 - 01/23/05 09:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, take a deep breathe....you did NOT fuck yourself up. There are people that have eaten doses of LSD that you can't even fathom and are the happiest, most loving and kind people in the world.....they don't consider themselves fucked up at all.

--------------------

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

#3669373 - 01/23/05 09:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

definately mushrooms - acid would have kept you up way past 6 if you started at 11 - the only bad thing about LSD is that there is no way on earth you can claim it's a natural drug, and when it's chemical people tend to freak...

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#3669375 - 01/23/05 09:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't understand why you'd freak out if you took acid but not if you took mushrooms. Acid is a lot easier on the minds of many people than mushrooms, you must really associate some strange bullshit with loving old lucy

--------------------

OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

#3669377 - 01/23/05 09:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Stop freaking out ,  you havent fucked anything up at all evrything will be fine just dont panic so much

:smile: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineAsazman
Stranger
    #3669382 - 01/23/05 09:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

thanks guys...i feel slightly better :smile:

OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

#3669397 - 01/23/05 09:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That's good , just post if you want to know anything or you worried about anything , i'm sure someone will help you out here.

take care

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience