Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
If drugs were legal how much would they cost?
    #3668593 - 01/23/05 06:01 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm guessing slightly below the street value now.

I'm sure corporations could reduce the cost of drugs... partly because they wouldn't be black market anymore.. and partly because they would invest billions in learning how to mass produce in much better ways....

However.. equilibrium is driven by more than just the overhead ... it's also driven by the amount people are willing to pay

Seeing as how the street price for an 1/8th of herb is 50 bucks.. (and don't give me that bragging oh i only pay 30 bullshit... you're lucky if you do.. there's plenty of people that get ripped off for 60-70 as well)... I'm predicting, just to make sure that corporate market stays competitive against people who grow their own.. it would dip just a little bit.. but not too much..

I think that they would still cost about 80 percent of what they cost now. i.e. herb would be about 35-40 dollars an eigth.. there would be a lot of competition, so the price would drop.... but you also have to remember that people WANT drugs... bad.... and we've already proven on the black market that we're willing to pay 50-60 bucks an 1/8th.

Some people think legalization would raise drug prices because of taxes. I doubt it. If prices of legal weed went above the current street price.. why would anyone buy it. They'd go back to their old black market dealers.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: If drugs were legal how much would they cost? [Re: BrAiN]
    #3668614 - 01/23/05 06:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Marijuana at least would be cheaper than it is now. In many places, an ounce is going for more than an ounce of gold. That's some bullshit.

--------------------
delta9

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3668615 - 01/23/05 06:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

they'd have to keep a low cost because otherwise more black market shit would pop up

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3668623 - 01/23/05 06:08 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think a lot of people were just grow their own if MJ was legal - I know I would, and lots of it. I think the prices would be a fraction of what they are now, much cheaper.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3668638 - 01/23/05 06:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Depends on how they were regulated. If it were a free market, w/ everybody and his brother selling drugs, you would be able to get a line of coke for about the same price as a can of Coke.
Good bud would still be fairly pricy, since it is a conesuirs product that takes more energy and skill to produce - but the price would still fall substantially over time.

If it were heavilly taxed and regulated like alcohol, the prices would be lower than black market but still very high, at a level determined by policy makers. Here it depends alot on whether they were regulated at the state or federal level - the prices of hard liquor in some states are kept to "reasonable" levels more by competition from states with lower taxes than by competition from moonshine.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #3668641 - 01/23/05 06:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Heroin,cocaine,recreational use of pharms. will never be legal.Homegrown pot,shrooms already are almost free...What was the question?

--------------------
"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3668655 - 01/23/05 06:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think MJ would probably be around 5 to 10 dollars a gram, depending on how potent it was, and maybe 15 to 25 dollars an eighth. It'd probably be cheaper as you bought in bulk, like most other things.

I wonder how much acid would be? Perhaps 40 dollars a milligram, but it's really all speculation at this point. You can look to other countries for MJ and shroom prices, but in no places is acid legal sadly

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibledrowneduck
The Mad Scot
Male

Loc: Lurkland UK Flag
Re: If drugs were legal how much would they cost? [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3668658 - 01/23/05 06:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

They would get taxed out of existence in the UK,just take a look at our tobacco,alchohol and petrol,prices. :crazy:

Offlinetheocean06

Re: If drugs were legal how much would they cost? [Re: vinsue]
    #3668660 - 01/23/05 06:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

He was asking what the price was IF drugs were legal...obviously it will never happen.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Where Art Meets Crime
    #3668667 - 01/23/05 06:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i really doubt that if corps took over the mass production/distribution the prices would be close to 80% of what they are now...

not only would there be corps vying for market share to drive down prices, but anyone who knew how to grow the nugs would do so freely...driving down prices even further.

my guess: to buy a commercially packaged 1/8th from a store ( i wonder if they would keep the same weight structure of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and 1 ounce, anyways) it would cost $20-$25 tops.

hash bars would pop up all over with their own special blends and premium award-winning grass. much like bars that sell alcohol, the prices would be higher in these bars when compared to stores, maybe $10 for a gram sized joint...hand rolled in front of you of course.  :stoned:

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Offlinetheocean06

Re: If drugs were legal how much would they cost? [Re: Ravus]
    #3668692 - 01/23/05 06:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I find that odd. Why are mushrooms legal (I know, they can't be prepared - but they still legal) in those countries but LSD illegal?

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: If drugs were legal how much would they cost? [Re: MrBump]
    #3668713 - 01/23/05 06:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I just think that it would be close to market price now because of the addiction factor. People are addicted to drugs.. even weed. I know i know I hate saying it... but think about it.. all you hardcore potheads out there that say they can quit anytime... you know you freak out when you have to go more than 2 weeks dry :wink:

Tobacco is legal, but people still pay ridiculous prices instead of growing their own for the most part. If the gov't was smart.. it would legalize this shit.. and NOT tax it for a few years just so that people get USED to paying low prices and not growing their own... the way tobacco used to be.. the slow creep the price up through taxes to the point where people are paying the same.

I think things like herb... the prices would be cheap.. as far as drugs that require intricate labs like LSD, E, etc... the price would be the same as the market price... just because of the sheer complexity involved with the labs. The black market drug dealers would be making way less for LSD/MDMA labs then they would now... so why bother...

Plus.. you know the corporations would probably pick up a lot of the black market manfacturers right now as it..  or spend a lot of money to stamp them out.. so maybe for synthesized drugs.. the prices would go up. I mean hell.. why spend weeks looking for E at 20 dollars a pill on the black market.. when you cna pay 30 and get it IMMEDIATELY... People spend an extra 5-10 bucks just to have food delivered instead of making it.

Anonymous

#3668737 - 01/23/05 06:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think it would be about $5/g+tax for marijuana, or less.

If there were large marijuana farms, production price would be incredibly low.

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
Re: If drugs were legal how much would they cost? [Re: MrBump]
    #3668755 - 01/23/05 06:31 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

nader back in the day suggested to lagalize pot to get rid of our nation dept
and what I mean by this is he shot out the idea that the goverment would be the sole sellers of pot
no legal growing or selling of any sorts
it would be sold as a pack of ciggerets
20 in a pack for $20
now this was a long time ago
but as I think this would have or can be a great way for our gov to get all the money they want and it would be gov controlled
it would suck as you would still be breaking the to grow it but hey it would be a fair comprimise

now back to the ?
I think dank would be about $25-$30 and cheap as hell swag if they even sold it as they would like they sell natural ice

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: If drugs were legal how much would they cost? [Re: fee]
    #3668786 - 01/23/05 06:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think legalization of marijuana is possible in our lifetime if we get the right president in there.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3672620 - 01/24/05 03:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So far, that's not working out very well, eh?

The legalization of all drugs is possible if we get the right president in there. Sadly, it seems doubtful we will

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> The Pub