Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Fasting before shrooms?
    #3668435 - 01/23/05 03:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Alright guys, please fill me in, other than increasing the onset speed and strength of mushrooms, is there any other reason to not eat for a day or two beforehand?  Why not eat more shrooms, or chew 'em up good?  Being hungry on the come-up wouldn't do anything for my anxiety.  I'd probably be really miserable if I hadn't eaten in a day too,  :frown:

I like to be neither full nor empty.  Would just like to hear people's thoughts on this, thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: sam420]
    #3668452 - 01/23/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A day or two? You don't have to fast that long.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: gdman]
    #3668458 - 01/23/05 03:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

But why fast at all? I understand it is common practice.

OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

Loc: Ðirty §outh
    #3668513 - 01/23/05 03:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you dont have to fast i dont believe i've ever done it but from my understanding they just kick in faster and more intense. 12 hours should be plenty long enough to fast.

--------------------
"I mean, it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
-Captain Murphy

"Quit being a bitch and pill me up"
-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
"I am not Stormy, I am He who smokes Bitches!"
-Stormy

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: Gainer]
    #3668573 - 01/23/05 03:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Some people fast before they shroom as part of a spiritual ritual. As it goes for the common person using shrooms for recreational purposes, fasting isn't really common practice. A lot of people like to eat light the day of a trip and try to keep an empty stomach for a few hours prior to tripping. Eating light or not eating at all helps reduce nausea.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3668745 - 01/23/05 04:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Fasting serves a few very important reasons from my experience...

First of all, the nausea... i have spend many hours throwing up untill i found out that i better trip on an empty stomach...this is of great importance, specialy with Amanitas, where the nausea is alot worse...

Due to extreme time dilation during the Amanita trip, it is also possible that you experience what i call: "eternal vomitron" (stomach during vomitron---->:hypno:)*(hope you never go thru this,its like throwing up for a life time)

Another very important reason, is that if you see the whole experience as a detoxification from your previous self, physically and spiritually ,it means that you re gonna get rid of the bad stuff.
This usually happens by extracting the unwanted material from your body and soul.
It is easy to assume that when we are performing an extraction, one of the last things we want to happen, is to add more substances in our self. (and that includes food)

Generaly, very spiritual states, are distracted by normal everyday needs. For example, i know that meditation in yoga always takes place before you eat on an empty stomach....

Maybe digesting the food is something that consumes alot of energy and that energy is needed during meditation or a mushroom trip (similar aren't they?) to make it as good as possible.

Another reason i have thought of, is that every food has a specific high, it would be rather complex to think of what kind of combination you re up to everytime you want to eat during a trip... Of course most of the people including me, can't stay hungry the whole time, but that doesn't mean its the right thing too.

For example diary products are not a good idea, meat contains too many toxins, blah blah blah, it doesn't even worth the thinking of all these.

Serious trips are made straight and clear.

Pot smokers are the ones who usually can't stop eating during mushroom trips.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: Sterile]
    #3668777 - 01/23/05 04:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What? I smoke daily and I dont think I've ever eaten more then a few bites of something while shrooming. I dont know anyone who likes to eat a lot during a trip, even if you were smoking weed during it. I've never been even a little bit hungry during a trip on any pschedelics. I'll try some foods becuase the taste just blows my mind, especially fresh fruit, but I'll only take a bite or two.

Anyways, I dont ever really 'fast' before I trip, though I dont eat for a couple of hours before hand because of nausea. Usually though I'll only eat healthy foods a few days before a trip, nothing high in fat or sugar. Also a nice run the morning of the trip is good. I just like knowing that my body is in a healthier state then usual for such an experience.

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3669416 - 01/23/05 07:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i didnt notice any difference eating a lot an hour before the trip....even on tiny 1g doses

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3669440 - 01/23/05 07:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've never noticed a difference between fasting or not fasting prior to a trip. Some of my most intense trips have been on smaller doses (1-3g range) only an hour or two after eating a large meal. Go figure!

If nausea is a big issue for alot of you, try grinding your goods and stuffing them into capsules. Much nicer on the stomach.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Edited by HolyDiver (01/23/05 08:15 PM)

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3669675 - 01/23/05 08:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think that you get nauseous on small doses (3 and below) ,the problems start for me when i eat more than 3.5-4 or so... Capsules work great tho, you are right

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (01/23/05 08:46 PM)

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: Sterile]
    #3669771 - 01/23/05 09:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, fasting makes a major difference. A) Nothing in your gut = a greater amount of the desired chemicals obsorb. B) Cleaning our your sistem pleases the mushroom. Feeling healthy, fresh and clean..empty stomach, into a serious mushroom session makes for a deeper journey.

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3669789 - 01/23/05 09:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

unless low blood sugar is a concern.

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: zerozero]
    #3671650 - 01/24/05 09:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It makes the huge aftermeal and subsequent trip ponderance THAT much better.

The only time that I fasted for a period prior was only a few hours, and it resulted in a more intense and longer lasting experience than I expected. I could actually feel the tryptamines entering my system through my starving stomach wall.

It could have been the copes AND cubes though! Now that was a profound night in the city.

--------------------
Echoes

OfflineyesNick
kitchy

Loc: Communist China
Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: wietstocker]
    #3672849 - 01/24/05 03:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The reason is because our thoughts and feelings are habitual and directly linked to food. Thereby denying yourself food also gives you mental clarity. And the little things that you might get hung up on with a full belly don't matter as much when you haven't eaten.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: yesNick]
    #3672895 - 01/24/05 03:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yesNick said:

The reason is because our thoughts and feelings are habitual and directly linked to food. Thereby denying yourself food also gives you mental clarity. And the little things that you might get hung up on with a full belly don't matter as much when you haven't eaten.

Actually depriving myself of food does anything but give me clarity. I have a high metabolism and so my blood sugar will drop if I haven't had anything in a while and ends up making me sick.

--------------------

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3672955 - 01/24/05 03:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If I eat too much before a trip, I may end up expelling the contents of my stomach. Puking on psychedelics is not pleasant, but I usually feel better afterward.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: MeThoD]
    #3675529 - 01/24/05 11:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Always have done it, always will do it.  12 hours or more.  Its just what I do.  Mushrooms make me feel great, why not show some respect to them as well and eat only them?  Its a balance between me and them, and it seems to work, I've only had one bad trip.

That's the way I look at it. :smile:

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting before shrooms? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #3676256 - 01/25/05 05:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Good point  :thumbup:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

Annos Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules