Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Wanting it both ways
    #3666418 - 01/23/05 02:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

(No this is NOT about sex - go to OTD for that!  :mad2:)

Seems many believers in various esoterica will firmly state that science cannot test for certain things, yet routinely offer up scientific evidence for them - and when the pseudo-science is soundly refuted, go back to saying that science cannot validate such paranormal happenings.

Amazing what we will do to hold on to fantasy ideas.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Wanting it both ways [Re: Swami]
    #3666487 - 01/23/05 03:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I kinda agree with you.

Then again I kinda don't.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3667336 - 01/23/05 10:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Swami, I don't think any who says that is saying it can never be scientifically tested or proven (cept for god sorry guys). I think they go to use science to support experiences when the science data and research is there, who wouldn't it helps more people to understand how something can be.

I think most who say it are saying, science has not YET developed a way to test for or prove something YET in certain areas. In this sense, science is just behind and catching up. I think the day will come where all paranormal phenomenon will come to be explained and pr oven for how it does exists and how it can and how it works.

For now, many experiences supersede modern sciences abilities. Is that so surprising? The universe has been around doing it's thing for how long and for how long have we been developing technology or an awareness of the quantum field and beyond that, intradimensions? There are fields we haven't even discovered yet, I have no doubt. The fun is just beginning.

Do I think some day science will be able to prove God a first cause creative source exists? If it is first cause creative source, it is EVERYTHING. To think it will EVER be able to isolated as a separate entity a part from its creations and created selves is absolute futility to even bother with in my opinion.

I had an experience in a condo I lived in in St. Thomas where stuff on my bathroom counter kept ending up in my sink. No one else was in that room. I would put it all back, walk away for a few minutes come back in and there it was back in the sink. There was a massive cold spot there to that would make the hair on your arms stand up.

My husband was witness to it. I thought it was pretty darn cool because it was harmless but he became upset and quickly moved to forget it ever happened.

I can't explain how that happened, science can't explain it either so where does that leave me? I can deny it ever happened or I can say, "well there is more to come to understand about the mechanistic of reality that is currently beyond me and science". I can believe in spirits that have the ability to move physical things, but I would like to know HOW myself. That's a pretty cool trick with an explanation yet undiscovered. When the scientific explanation comes for how spirits move shit around can you imagine what we will be able to do with technology with that knowledge.

Once my dead aunt, flooded my room with her favorite perfume. How I have no idea. Two moths later I read a common way spirits interact with this realm is through perfuming. WTF? Where does this leave me but to say, more cool shit we have yet to figure out.

So to wrap this up with the topic, its saying this is something I believe in and science has proof for it and here are others things I believe in from experience and science does not yet have proof for it and I am going to believe anyway because I experienced it to be so.

True, believing in things that both science can and not not prove may is having it both ways when it comes to ones choice of belief. People who only need their own experiences to believe in things don't need science to tell them, it's okay to believe. No one is keeping you from believing in only what science can prove swami, that's your choice if you want to have less, one choice instead of two.

Why do they sometimes, bother presenting scientific evidence here when they can to support their beliefs? Because they want for others to know more as they do, that's all. Its sharing as much as they can to include everyone in on what they know to be so. Science is progressing so fast no one of us can keep on top of all the latests discoveries, research and tests, so many share so we can all grow in knowing together more quickly.

It's not a matter of wanting it both ways, it simply is both ways, what science has come to prove of reality and existence and everything yet to be proved. It is both. :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Wanting it both ways [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3667346 - 01/23/05 10:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

some people just like to argue

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Wanting it both ways [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3667397 - 01/23/05 11:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

incubaby_421 said:
some people just like to argue

That is true and consider this the next time you see someone instigating one. My 8 year old can take a piece of bread, rip or cut it into two pieces and then make them fight against each other in her imagination. Low level intelligence involved there.

The two pieces can be in conflict with each other but the one piece can not. Creating divisions and separations to create conflict is EASY. What sort of creative intelligence does it take to make the two halves of the piece of bread become one again? That's more challenging and requires a higher level of intelligence to be put into action.

Look at the Jerry Springer show, all they do is fight and throw chairs at each other. Ever notice the intellect being exercised by the people who agree to go on the show?

To be able to take what others have divided and put into conflict and mend it is the skill I am most in admiration and respect of. There's a higher intelligence at work and I want to know that for myself, we all have it within us. And body can divide things into pieces and conquer them when made smaller. Who can take the smaller pieces and mend them and make them inconquerable?

We all can if we cared too. :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (01/23/05 11:10 AM)

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3667406 - 01/23/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

(southern accent) I HATE YOU!!! I HATE YOU MOSTEST!!!!

YOU FUCKED MY SISTER YOU SICK BASTARD!!!

WELL MAYBE I WOULDNT HAVE HAD TO IF YOU WERENT FUCKING MY NEPHEW!!!
AND MY GRAMPA!!!! SLUT!!!!

sorry, but i like to instigate people. i think its funny sometimes.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Wanting it both ways [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3667416 - 01/23/05 11:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

LOL, I thought that was a skit from Jerry Spinger.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3667421 - 01/23/05 11:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i write the scripts
lol

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3668021 - 01/23/05 01:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Just because you lack the ability to test for something does not mean it is not real. It just means that you cannot test for it. That is not evidence for or against said phenomenon. Imagine cavemen testing for quarks...

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Wanting it both ways [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3668391 - 01/23/05 03:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That is very condescending to our caveman brethren!  :mad2:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3669051 - 01/23/05 05:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am sorry for the ethnic slur. I'll try to be more (or less) politically correct in the future.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies