Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
More questions about Religion
    #364814 - 08/01/01 02:18 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I am not a religous person, but when ever my mother asks I do attend church with her...I may not listen to a thing that is said, but I just go for her....Anyways I have found that all religion does is tell you to have faith in something else and not in yourself. i constantly hear that if you "believe in God" that "God" will give you what ever you ask for.

Question: Many times the preacher will say if when you look in the mirror you will see god. Is this their way of telling us that we are all god and they are trying to get us to believe in ourselves and control out own fate?

or

Question: Is religion bad for us...Is it distracting us from controlling our own fate? Is it forcing us to be sheep in a flock and not think for ourselves and expand our mind.

In my opinion I belive that the second question holds more truth..what do you guys think?

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePudinLicous
 User Gallery

Re: More questions about Religion [Re: shroom-girlie]
    #365237 - 08/02/01 12:54 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

:uhoh:

Edited by PudinLicous (01/12/18 10:50 AM)

OfflineSampson
Re: More questions about Religion [Re: PudinLicous]
    #365377 - 08/02/01 06:47 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

you were created in gods image. every time you look in a mirror you see god because you are god. if you did not believe in god, god would not exist. and thus defeating your own existance. god, if not just a metaphore for the human spirit, does exist.

we are just a flicker of aspiration in the grand design. therefore, we must reap its sorrows. -me

--------------------
your existance is chemical. altered states are your elements. ~me

Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
Re: More questions about Religion [Re: PudinLicous]
    #365537 - 08/02/01 11:48 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

PudinLicious...you are right the religion I was refering to was Christianity....I have already checked out Budhism and Hindusim..they are both fascintating religions...ones with which I see myself learning more about...I also practice zen meditation....I just feel that the christian churches are leading people astrain...that the Bible as been so misinterpreted and that alot of churches are out to take advantage of the congregations....I don't believe that religion should ask you to give 20% of your paycheck to the church..that is ridiculous...I also feel that the point of religion is mind expansion....testing your own limits and discovering new things..thanks for your recommendation...take care.

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #365645 - 08/02/01 02:15 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

get a clue, they are trying to make you a believer. the more people they get to be believers the better god thinks of them. it is a popularity contest, whether you or they no it or not. and they can deny it all they want also. i think religion is a tool for brainwashing you. that is all. why dont people just believe in a religion of somnething better like the sun? i mean, i can see the sun, it gives me light, it gives me warmth and it gives me food! that is all you really need!

sleeping by yourself at night can make you feel alone,
youre girlfriend said so, but i dont really know
Closet Cultivation

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #365664 - 08/02/01 02:37 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Shroom-Girlie, if you want to explore other religions, you do so. (Which it looks like you have.) I think that the church gets 10% of your check for tithes, so that anyone who believes in it will help the establishment spread the word, which is one of its' goal. There are good and bad people in the world and the same is true with any religion, because the people are still people. I am not a religious person, but I have come to see what the one and only unchallenged truth is: that The God of The Bible is real. I don't want to argue about this, because I don't see a point in going on over the internet about something I don't want to discuss with people who want to believe what they want to believe instead of something that is true and would mean that their lives would have to change too much for comfort if they did see how true God is. The way you feel about the word "religion" depends on how you look at it. It is a label, a category, etc., but it doesn't mean any harm. People congregate because Jesus said that when you get together as believers, that your faith will stay strong. People get together because of this. Non-believers who OPPOSE the religions might say that they do this to keep themselves UNDER the illusion of their faith. I don't want to be put in the position of teacher, because its dangerous to be a teacher and not follow what you are teaching; that is, to be a hypocrite. I am just trying to give you some information that I have. Actually, if you listen to the preachers, depending on what type of preacher, I guess, it is interesting how they can be seen as philosophers of the Word. If you believe in God and you are close to him, YOUR will will change and, so you CAN have what you want. If you look in the mirror you WILL see God, because he is the one who made it so that you are standing there in front of the mirror- its like his signature everywhere being vibrations. If you have faith in God, I believe you can have MORE faith in a TRUER self than without Him. Religion doesn't control your fate, IF thats what you want to do, (thats like the blind leading the blind), you are the one who directed yourself into that certain religion, so no matter if you are in that religion or another, it will have been you who made the choice. What is it about expanding the mind that people are so interested in?? If you know a couple basic things, everything else is just details and once you get to a certain state of mind expansion, you will see this is true. Why is everyone after so much knowledge? Why? Knowledge was the first downfall of man and now you want to chase after it like a Holy Grail? I know there is no way of stopping it, I just have that one perspective, thats all.

:frown:

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
Re: More questions about Religion [Re: CACA]
    #365696 - 08/02/01 03:10 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

has it gotten this bad?????

did you know that 100% of people that die have traces of oxygen in their system?
Closet Cultivation

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Offlinesir_shroom_alot
enthusiast
Re: More questions about Religion [Re: aluminum_can]
    #365704 - 08/02/01 03:29 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

ok i'm doing wippis soo bare with me, listen up, they do that shit because they don't want people to go to hell, dipshits. Oh ad shroom girly u shouldn't talk about pay checks,100 years ago woman couldn' even work, soo be lucky

first u get the money, then u get the Weemen!
Wee men? what the hell are u talking about!
i said woman; no u didn't man!

~Ur PAYING ME IN HAIR CLIPPINGS! WHAT ARE U cRAZY?

--------------------
first u get the money, then u get the Weemen!
Wee men? what the hell are u talking about!
i said woman; no u didn't man!

~Ur PAYING ME IN HAIR CLIPPINGS! WHAT ARE U cRAZY?

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: More questions about Religion [Re: aluminum_can]
    #365733 - 08/02/01 04:09 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

what do you mean when you say, "this bad", can?

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

InvisibleHydro
addict
Loc: In your closet..
    #365750 - 08/02/01 04:24 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

> Knowledge was the first downfall of man

How so?

Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: More questions about Religion [Re: Hydro]
    #365827 - 08/02/01 06:27 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i think buddhists might say that ignorance is where "sin" (for lack of a better word here) begins...
heh, the gnostics would tell us that the serpent was truthing the primordial couple, and YHVH was the one spreading falsehood... but, what of that...
visit csp (erowid & lycaeum have some spirit links as wel) & the fane hase some great links & webrings to surf through...
it's like guru bill sez: there's a seeker born every minute
(sorry, couldn't resist...)
anyway, YEAH, ask the big questions (but perhaps bewar th easy answers...)
peace
/gnrmi

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: More questions about Religion [Re: gnrm23]
    #365867 - 08/02/01 07:55 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ignorance is bliss. Childhood. You have to be a child to get into the kingdom of heaven. A child is always full of wonder and appreciates life and is honest and should be obedient and learn to be a good person. Since we're not in the Garden of Eden anymore, learning and acquisition of knowledge is inevitable. You know how some things come "full circle"? Before, we believed that we all came from two people. Now, after so many years of people denying this and a load of garbage being fed to people, we now know again that this is true, empirically, scientifically. I really don't know what to say. Things should speak for themselves. I'm kind of under the weather, so forgive me if I don't share alot of information. Its too hard to make a big enough deal out of something so I can show you something that, to me, holds the same wonder as noticing a fork on a table. "OH, A FORK!!"

--------------------

Offline~`Tursiops truncatus`~
enthusiast

Loc: CO... UsA
    #366709 - 08/04/01 02:20 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

"Learn to be a good person" Children are as "good' as people get...

http://www.bluehoney.org/Personal.htm

OfflineAbeZard
Loc: Charleston, SC
    #366739 - 08/04/01 03:48 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Read anything by Osho about religion

Abe Zaardvark
From historic coastal town in Southeast

--------------------
Abe Zaardvark
From historic coastal town in Southeast

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: More questions about Religion [Re: ~`Tursiops truncatus`~]
    #366831 - 08/04/01 06:19 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

they're painfully honest and sincere, but inexperienced.

--------------------

OfflineNowhereMan
    #366896 - 08/04/01 08:35 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

It looks to me as though you question were already answered. IMO, religion is just another tool used to gain power. But this is how I define religion. I don't see any problems with people banding together to celebrate their faith in God. However, when these people band together to have someone else's idea of God spouted out to them, this is dangerous. This is what I call religion.
I used to go to church as a boy, off and on. We bounced around from one to the other. A few I actually enjoyed however. I got the feeling of oneness and togetherness at these two churches, which is why I enjoyed them so much. The people there already had found their happiness, their niche in life, and did not need to be told how to find it. Alas, these places are few and far between.
I have a question for you Shroom-Girly. Why do you give in to your mother and attend church with her if you know that it is just a waste of your time? I know it is tough denying a parent's requests, but you must realize that you are your own person. If you do not get anything out of it, other than the satisfaction it gives you to please your mother, then you shouldn't do it. YOu could just sit down and have a talk with her, explain your reasons for not wanting to go, and be done with it. Pardon me if I sound too nosy, but it seems to me that this would be the best course of action if you really dislike it.

Offline~`Tursiops truncatus`~
enthusiast

Loc: CO... UsA
Re: More questions about Religion [Re: NowhereMan]
    #367023 - 08/05/01 01:13 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Give up learning, and put an end to your troubles.

Is there a difference between yes and no?
Is there a difference between good and evil?
Must I fear what others fear? What nonsense!
Other people are contented, enjoying the sacrificial feast of the ox.
In spring some go to the park, and climb the terrace,
But I alone am drifting, not knowing where I am.
Like a newborn babe before it learns to smile,
I am alone, without a place to go.

Others have more then they need, but I alone have nothing.
I am a fool. Oh, yes! I am confused.
Other men are clear and bright,
But I alone am dim and weak.
Other men are sharp and clever,
But I alone am dull and stupid.
Oh, I drift like the waves of the sea,
Without direction, like the restless wind.

Everyone else is busy,
But I alone am aimless and depressed,
I am different.
I am nourished by the great mother. . . ~Lao Tsu~......

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
    #367094 - 08/05/01 07:18 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

"...You have to be a child to get into the kingdom of heaven..."

Beautifully said, and something we can all, regardless of faith or lack thereof, learn from. But I'm still gonna hafta call ya on that "true, empirical and scientific" assertion that the human race sprang from two people...perhaps you were speaking in metaphor?

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: More questions about Religion [Re: Pynchon]
    #367116 - 08/05/01 09:05 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

There is proof and it was out over a year ago.

--------------------

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
    #367121 - 08/05/01 09:17 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Where?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale