Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Black morel (Morchella importuna) live culture on agar, Edible and Medicinal Mushroom Cultures on Agar   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
hmmmm?
    #366744 - 08/04/01 05:53 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

my casings have been in the terrarium for three days, and i see LOTS of mycelium growth and no pins. if the mycelium wasnt growing so fast then i wouldnt be worrying, but i dont want overlay. the mycelium slowed down a bit since yesterday, and i am wondering if the mycelium is doing that because it is getting ready to fruit? also, the two jars that were growing slowly and i left to grow invitro are already pinning. i have the humidifier on 3 min. every three hours, and this keeps the humidity at 91-94%. i have a filter on the lid, and an aquarium air pump pumping air in 24/7, and i fan it once a day when the humidity gets over 94%. the tempuratures are at 68 farenheit in the morning (the lowest) and 82 in the afternoon (highest). the casings might be a little dry, but i ran out of money and distilled water so i would have to use tap water. and i also have a tiny blacklight giving it light 24/7 but it is barely noticable. is there anything wrong? i just dont know why they havent pinned yet, they usually do by now. the mycelium on the finch casing has tons of little rizomorphic strands popping up, and when i toched one of them with some tweezers it got smushed really easily. on the brf/verm casings the mycelium is normal. are these little "rizo's" on the casing normal? ive never seen it before, and i really dont think they are contams.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: hmmmm? [Re: aluminum_can]
    #366753 - 08/04/01 06:08 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

You need to wait. It takes about a week to see pins on a casing once birthed. Increase fannings to at least twice a day and mist once daily. (tapwater is fine) It all sounds normal.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: hmmmm? [Re: aluminum_can]
    #366989 - 08/05/01 01:27 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Just so you know, mushrooms use the blue spectrum of light. A black light is pretty useless except in spotting contams. Keep air exchange up, and I don't think casings need that high of humidity, that range is more for cakes.

Novelty

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Black morel (Morchella importuna) live culture on agar, Edible and Medicinal Mushroom Cultures on Agar   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation