Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejc_illenium
undesirable
Loc: earth
100% brown rice method
    #3661078 - 01/21/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:stoned:the casing layer, ive seen many mediums which can be used for this tek. to further understand this process,i am trying to find the best method for doing so. now, the casing layer is the top slice of bread on a flesh breeding sandwich,well kinda. and this layer is pretty much for moisture retention in the colonized 100%brown rice layer. this is what i plan to use.and under is the bottom slice, usually perlite for extra moisure. and even under this cake, is an additional 1 inch layer of perlite on the fruiting chamber floor. (i prefer aquariums). this for the overall humidity and moisture levels both in the chamber and the cake / sandwitch. but what i want to do is eat the enire cake u see, and not be ingesting any perlite or dirt or whatever else in the process, so my question to you is this: is it possible to use a 100%brown rice method for caking the mycelium for fruiting? what i plan to try or experiment is this;i will colonize my rice jars and sandwitch the half slices inbetween two more one inch layers of preassure cooked brown rice, though white rice may work for this part? not sure, but if this works out i should be pretty fucked up.  let freedom ring :stoned:

--------------------
on my knees and burnin
my piss and moans the fuel that
set my head on fire
smell my soul its burnin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: 100% brown rice method [Re: jc_illenium]
    #3662008 - 01/22/05 05:29 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

>s it possible to use a 100%brown rice method for caking the mycelium for fruiting?

Is it.

It is called the 9er tek:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7923

Offlinejc_illenium
undesirable
Re: 100% brown rice method [Re: Anno]
    #3664081 - 01/22/05 07:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

so then it is possible to use nothing more than brown rice to fruit the myceium? basically creating just one big cake in other words? see, im new to growing and i would like to eliminate all other elements except for the rice cake, tray, and moisture.
What i am using for a tray, is a small cat litter pan from walmart. the pan fits snug inside my ten gallon aquarium,with about 3 inches on either side horizantally. after the pans entire content of rice is fully colonized and ready for fruiting, should i flip it like the pancake method, and place it on top of the inverted tray? should i raise it just an inch or so, or could I even set it directly on aquarium bottom?
  so visually inside the aquarium, i would have about a 3 inch by 10 inch slab of cake, rather than the small cylindrical shaped cakes. i am wondering if it will fruit more heavily than say six cylinder pint cakes, or if the density of my cake will lessen.

thank you very much for all the help so far, its been essential in geting started. :cuckoo:

--------------------
on my knees and burnin
set my head on fire
smell my soul its burnin

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3664091 - 01/22/05 07:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That's right, just whole brown rice can be used to fruit on. It's really pretty rewarding if you master it, but the trick (as is the trick with this hobby) but especially long grain brown rice, is getting the moisture content just right.

Read the tek Anno linked, that's it.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinejc_illenium
undesirable
Re: 100% brown rice method [Re: Holydiver]
    #3664354 - 01/22/05 08:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

COOL brotha, i like dirt, but tryin to keep it to an absolute minimum. rice, moisture, and mushrooms. i just hope they dont feel naked in there. :smile:

--------------------
on my knees and burnin
set my head on fire
smell my soul its burnin

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3664390 - 01/22/05 08:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I hear ya, keep it simple. Don't worry they won't feel naked - they love the whole grain!

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag