Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Ancient Soma
    #3658940 - 01/21/05 03:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A friend of mine believes the ancient soma was a combo of rue, cannabis and amanita muscaria. While I hear that rue and cannabis or amanitas and cannabis go well together, I've never heard of rue and amanitas going together. Is that safe? What would a trip like this be like?

Actually, there was one report on erowid, some interesting comments too, with 3 grams of rue and 7.5 of amanita, a few hits of marijuana in there also.

"Thoughts still racing. Feels now like about 2 hits of fair street acid without the speediness. Vunerability state coming on, becoming impressionable. Usual worries and negative thoughts come and go, but not amplified. Positive thinking comes easily"

"Peaking. Very 'acidy' but very mellow."

"Plateau. Psychedelic tunnel-vision. Subdued cellular vibration. Watched the 'Monetary Success' video. Could see the subliminal messages being flashed. Got a CNS jolt when they flashed. Had a 'vision' that someone was going to send me back to college to get a Masters degree. They would pay tuition and give me a salary while I was in school. All I had to do was ask. I missed who it was that I was supposed to ask. (damn) Still prefer to be horizontal. Recycled pee for a 4th and final time. I do believe that it sustained the effects. "
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=10049

Though of course, a lot of people don't like amanita. Cannabis is highly recommended for the nauseau if you were going to try it, and one should experiment with just amanita before combining it with rue. But would this present any potentially dangerous effects?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Ancient Soma [Re: Ravus]
    #3660514 - 01/21/05 07:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

rue would magnify the amanita effects I think because it is a MAOI

But neither of those are very desireable solo- and I would imagine combined it may be pretty wacky...

I guess the canabis would help with the INTENSE nause caused by Rue, as well as amanita

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Ancient Soma [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3660566 - 01/21/05 07:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

amanitas never give me nausea... i must have a tolerance.

hmm

ok folks, i will try manitas and rue and give a report. dont expect this for a bit, but i will do it for youre interest ravus, give me within the month.

i have an amanita journey up ahead and then when i cool down from that, i will prepare to try it with rue.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Ancient Soma [Re: Todcasil]
    #3660599 - 01/21/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Cool, thanks

I'm think he already tried, he's a pretty crazy person in his theories like this, and he's still alive. Though I wonder if the Indians would've had the same ancient soma if they had LSD and ecstasy back then, as that combo may kick any amanitas or rue down quite a few notches in comparison

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Ancient Soma [Re: Ravus]
    #3660619 - 01/21/05 07:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well, its just different... my psilocybe and lsd journeys have been intense and wonderful for sure, but my amanita trips have been.... way more real.

not that the others arent real...  but just in a sense that i really felt like i was going on a journey.  talking with spirits, dancing in teh heavens.

i think "soma" changes with every generation.

bah, my 2 cents

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3660732 - 01/21/05 08:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3660736 - 01/21/05 08:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I vote todcasil  :thumbup:

With psilocybin i see visions

With Amanitas i am part of the vision

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules