Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTurboTurner
Stranger
Age & Tripping
    #3660116 - 01/21/05 06:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hi,

Well its my first post to the forum after reading for a while, and I've got a strange sort of question. Well some of you might think its a little odd. But I'd be grateful for your thoughts anyway.

To get to the point - do you ever get to old to trip? I've always thought I'd toned down my drug career a bit. In my late teens and early 20s, I used to trip (shrooms or acid) about once a week. I knocked it on the head when I was about 25 ish, since then I've just smoked weed, had the occasional ecstasy pill, bit of coke now and again (weddings, anniversaries, xmas & new year). I've recently felt the urge to get back in the saddle though and trip (I'm 33 now). So what I'm asking if there are any older trippers here, is it still the same? Do the pressures of life get to you? I'm single but it's not like I haven't got a care in the world (which is how I felt aged 19). I'm pretty balanced nowadays and don't have any mental problems, I just need a bit of reassurance that I can be a weekend tripper and go back to my day job with a cheeky grin and a re-aligned look at the world. Without completely rewiring my brain again.

Well I won't blather on anymore - just let me know what you reckon.

Cheers, TT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Age & Tripping [Re: TurboTurner]
    #3660206 - 01/21/05 06:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm 24 and trips seem WAYYY more manageable then when I was late teens, or real early 20's.  My brain was a scramble then, teen angst and all that mess.  You know what I mean-the pressures of being a teen.  Things seem to be settling in my 20's (or I'm having the illusion of being in control, either way works for me) therefore trips are alot less stressful for me.  I'm just becoming comfortable with myself more and more, and I think it helps alot.

On the down side, I feel that alot of the magic is lost.  My first few trips in my late teens were so damn magic-it was incredible.  Now it's like another feeling I'm accustomed too.  I trip 3-4 times per year at the most.

I've gotten away from pot and everything else.  Shrooms and caffeine are my only poisons now. 

I think you'll settle back into things comfortably, should you decide to do so.

Good luck and cool thread  :thumbup:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

Re: Age & Tripping [Re: Holydiver]
    #3660246 - 01/21/05 06:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well, my dad's 44 and wants to try my mushrooms again.... was about 20 years ago since his last trip....... pretty much quit when he had me.... but he's also gonna get ahold of some hash.... his favorite.

OfflineTurboTurner
Stranger
    #3660254 - 01/21/05 06:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Cheers Holy.

Yeah, agreed, nothing can beat the magic of the first couple of times tripping (what the fuuuucccckkkkk????). I don't expect to ever get that back - how could anyone ever get back the feeling of doing anything for the first time (of course).

Sod it - I'll do it. I'm in the UK so I can just buy 50 grams fresh off the internet. I'll do 20 with a mate (that's about 2 grams dry I imagine) and will report back. Even if its not what I remember, it's only 6 hours out of my life. I spend more than that a week stuck in traffic jams :wink:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3660264 - 01/21/05 06:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I know people in their 50s and 60s that still trip....Tim Leary tripped all the way up to his death at the age of 76. Tripping isn't just another way to get high, it's a lifestyle, a journey, a learning process. Many people trip so they can get high and see colors & tracers, or be "cool". Some of these people get turned on, and continue to trip, others keep going until they get their asses handed to them, and then swear off and stick to less thought-provoking and conciousness altering substances. Most people approach tripping out of curiousity, if their curiousity is satisfied, they stop.....most get more curious and continue. Many people use tripping as tools for learning and spiritual growth, when all of the lessons are learned, many stop tripping, but often take psychedelics everynow and then to get reminders. I'm one of the serious spriritual trippers, and therefore plan to trip for the rest of my life.  ****edit****  It is possible to that feeling of the first time again, I have re-experienced parts of my first trip during other trips before.....every single thing that you experience, from a slightly sore tooth  to your first trip, from birth to death, and even prebirth experiences (including past life assuming you had one) is stored in your mind, all you need to do is unlock it, and it can be relived!  :laugh:)

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (01/21/05 06:49 PM)

OfflineTurboTurner
Stranger
Re: Age & Tripping [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3660313 - 01/21/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Dark Star,

I know what you mean and more or less agree, I've had the occasional spiritual journey believe me, and I do belive it changed me for the better (deepened friendships, taught me things, even brought me out of my shell). Then again, I've tripped for the hell of it, just because there's nothing on tv or to give a vague psychedelic buzz to the evening. Either way has its advantages and its devotees. There's nothing more stress-relieving than sitting in a room or walking in a park with your friends laughing at the absurd /life, with or without drugs.

I don't regard tripping as just a way to get high however; If I did I wouldn't have asked the question. But whatever else it is, it is damn good fun.

I don't believe my curiosity has waned or has even been satisfied as I've got older; its just that the opportunities are less.

Cheers.

Offlinespreaded
always beprepared

Loc: outer rim of space
    #3660406 - 01/21/05 07:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

My roomate is 23 and he says thats too old to trip.. I think he is a being a little out of hand with that.. I think its good too do it every now and then

--------------------
I set into a downward spiral, Caught an illness that was literally viral -WP

OfflineTurboTurner
Stranger
Re: Age & Tripping [Re: spreaded]
    #3660421 - 01/21/05 07:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Now that's making me feel old. Perhaps I should just mow the lawn instead...

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
    #3660443 - 01/21/05 07:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm gonna be giving my Aunt and Uncle (50 and 55) each at least 1 dose of shrooms. They havn't tripped for years, but they'd like to.

I don't think you have anything to worry about man.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #3660478 - 01/21/05 07:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spreaded said:
My roomate is 23 and he says thats too old to trip.. I think he is a being a little out of hand with that.. I think its good too do it every now and then

Set your friend up at the old folks home, sounds like he's ready haha. I thought life started around there, more or less.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#3660519 - 01/21/05 07:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This is quote from Wiccan_Seeker, it really hits the nail on the head;

"If you age, you get more and more out of your Psychedelics. It matters a great deal whether you have 15 years or 50 years of life experience to get high on.
Sorry kids but in your 30s there just is more YOU to trip with then in your late teens because of additional life experience.

Geezer consensus has it that the best candidate for LSD are openminded, psychologically stable middle-aged people, take for instance Aldous Huxley and his Mescaline in "The Doors of Perception", a too small but must-read book for every tripper thats available as online text.

Your intentions matter a great deal too. We, in our trip, chose to cease intellectualizing and turn inward looking for Spiritual/Personal growth. Thats far removed from taking it for kicks."

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3660638 - 01/21/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

dr hofmann has stated that the psychedelic drugs are best for middle-aged & older folks, & not for teeners or twenty-somethings... the young folks have enough wild changes (ummm: puberty, driving, sex, graduating hs/leaving home, going to college or entering the workforce or something, getting married, havn kids, buying a house, seeing yr folks age, etc...
while the 50-60-70-something crew not only have the life-experiences to give some decent "depth" to their trips, but may be ummmmmm "in-a-rut" enough that a good mind-blowing trip could be just what they need, hehheh...

y'know-whatta-mean?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: Age & Tripping [Re: gnrm23]
    #3661550 - 01/22/05 12:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I got a lot from it when i was 16/17, going through hard growing up times. LSD made me question life.  I went from being anger m'fr to just kool about all things and accepting.  LSD made me realise there is far more than the eyes can see.  Made me a better person.
:shrug:

Offlinespreaded
always beprepared

Loc: outer rim of space
    #3662978 - 01/22/05 02:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You know Ive been freinds with this guy for a while. He doesnt have the best outloOk on life. He takes these very labor intensive jobs that involve odd hours, and comes in everyday pissed at the world. I feel his negative vibes before he steps in the door.. the dog even gets upset minutes before he shows up. I just let it slide.. LIke, If I hated my job I would find another one.. thats just me. The only thing I can do is attack his negative vibes with some good vibes. I win.

Now I think that trips will get better as I age.. mentally I am years ahead of myself but physically I am not. I am sure time will cure this process. Once I have that perfect trip I might give it up.. might is the key word here.
Age may have something to do with the mindstate one has in the peak of the trip. Myself didnt trip until I was nearly 22. It opened my eyes to a realm that was dearly needed in this time of my life.. that first time I slipped into it is something I will never forget, it is something that is yet still shrouded in mystery. Creation and Destruction are one in the same.. its a beautiful disaster. splendid chaos... blah blah.

--------------------
I set into a downward spiral, Caught an illness that was literally viral -WP

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#3663034 - 01/22/05 02:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I agree w/ JaRRn, though I'm only 20 now. When I first tripped a couple years ago, I definitely felt much different and I feel like tripping has helped me mature quicker. It seems like mushrooms can be great for transition periods in one's life, when one has to re-evaluate their lifestyle and outlook.

I have a feeling tripping will mean a different thing for me later on because of additional life experiences, but I wouldn't go as far as to say mushrooms are only optimal for use in your middle ages.

And just a side note: if I tripped with someone who during the trip was not thinking and just trying to seem cool, I would just leave. I think that's one of the most disrespectful things...and I have a lot of respect for mushies. There's been dozens of people I've avoided shrooming with because they seem like this type and I refuse to take any part in it.

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Age & Tripping *DELETED* [Re: spreaded]
    #3663051 - 01/22/05 02:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by wandrnshaman

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Age & Tripping [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3663109 - 01/22/05 03:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

^^^^^^^^ :thumbup: Excellent post.  :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3664224 - 01/22/05 07:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i agree..

shroom on dude! :sun:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineHippie
officialdeadhead

Loc: here & now
Re: Age & Tripping [Re: Sterile]
    #3799405 - 02/18/05 04:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, here's some questions pertaining to this subject:

How young do you believe is too young to trip?
(Or, what's your age limit?)
How old were you on your first trip?
Did you handle it well?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies