Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
what have you learnt?
    #3659510 - 01/21/05 06:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

what have you leanrt since you started posting in s@p forum that has actually changed the way you live your life from day to day?
or if not why do you post?

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: what have you learnt? [Re: spudamore]
    #3659705 - 01/21/05 07:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

*learned

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

#3659708 - 01/21/05 07:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i learned one major thing that changed my life, or rather i am trying to use to change my life for the better.
I have discovered the Buddhist Wheel of Life. (not on this forum, but hey i learned something, does that still count)
I am trying to use this as a guide for bettering myself and my attitude towards people and things.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: what have you learnt? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3659717 - 01/21/05 07:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

*learnt past tense same as learned

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=learnt

--------------------

Edited by spudamore (01/21/05 07:25 PM)

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: what have you learnt? [Re: clone]
    #3659722 - 01/21/05 07:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3659946 - 01/21/05 07:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i have learned to see through others eyes more

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: what have you learnt? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3660010 - 01/21/05 08:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I learned that half of those on here seek to brainwash.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: what have you learnt? [Re: Droz]
    #3660207 - 01/21/05 08:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I like to sit in the bath
is that what you mean?

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: what have you learnt? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3660849 - 01/21/05 10:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

uh I'm not on here to gain enlightenment. I'm on here to post in threads

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: what have you learnt? [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3661351 - 01/22/05 01:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have learned that most people here like simple answers to complex problems, and they like answers which will not challenge them to change their behaviors.

The majority also seems to dislike objective reality.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: what have you learnt? [Re: shroomydan]
    #3661381 - 01/22/05 01:33 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

do you want to change your behaviours due to your interactions with a bunch of people over the internet, no matter how 'like-minded' they might seem to you?

I don't. not that I couldn't, but I don't.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3661476 - 01/22/05 01:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

He who speaks the truth, says almost nothing.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3661580 - 01/22/05 02:19 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I always hope to change my behavior so that it is beneficial in the grand scheme of the true reality. If someone can clarify my vision of reality, it matters not whether I met them on the Internet or in person.

This board has already changed my behaviors; it has changed my style of presenting ideas. I still don't think many people here understand what I'm saying, but I think I'm doing better than I was over the summer when I was accused of spouting gibberish. Someday soon I hope to teach philosophy and this forum has been a great help to me. I believe that an objective reality exists, and that each of us perceives it subjectively. Since being here I have learned that the most common error in grasping this distinction is to deny the objective reality all together in an attempt to validate the subjective nature of it's apprehension.

What brought me to the Shroomery was the mushroom hunting forum where I have since been made a moderator. Subjective bullshit doesn't fly there because if we tolerated it then people would die. There is a very real distinction between existing things, and mushrooms are a very real example. Some will make you trip, some are good for food, and some will kill you. This is objective reality, not anyone's subjective opinion. Very often people show up with poisonous mushrooms which they are convinced are actives, and it's my job to talk them out of eating poisonous mushrooms. I tell them no matter how badly you want your mushrooms to be X species which is active, they are in fact Y species which will kill you if you eat it.

Objective reality does exist, everything is not the same one thing, and those who disagree quickly change their story when it comes to anything important. While I'm on this little rant, here's a challenge for all you pantheists and monists:

If there is only one thing, and we are all one, I am you , you are me, then send me some money. You will be out nothing because you're only sending it to yourself, because I am you. And BTW I need the money, so if you really care about yourself, which is me, then you will help yourself out and send me some money. 2000$ would really get me(you) where I need to be right now, but don't feel you need to send me (you) the entire two grand, every little bit helps. There should be lots of me(you)s donating to the cause.

If you don't send the money then I must assume that you really don't believe that you and I are one, because anybody would help himself. :smile:

Good night night my shroomy friends.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: what have you learnt? [Re: shroomydan]
    #3661693 - 01/22/05 03:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shroomydan said:
I always hope to change my behavior so that it is beneficial in the grand scheme of the true reality. If someone can clarify my vision of reality, it matters not whether I met them on the Internet or in person.

This board has already changed my behaviors; it has changed my style of presenting ideas. I still don't think many people here understand what I'm saying,

I understand what you're saying, and it's well said, I repeal my prior statement to say that my style of presenting ideas has changed and is changing due to being here. what I was getting at is that some people expect us to be here because we are seeking enlightenment, or are ... I mean, some people are here more because of the Spirituality part of S&P, and some are here because of the Philosophy part, and most of us (or maybe just some, or maybe just me) tend to forget this distinction. some people are here for both, prolly. I don't know if I'm here for either... well I guess more the philosophy part, but that doesn't matter... point is, we can easily make assumptions about others' stances.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
    #3662266 - 01/22/05 12:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I ain't leanrt much. Thin agin, this ain't like school et tall.

Hear you git to lissen to peoples opinions and things like thet.

Ah like thet part! Theys some real smart folks on hear!

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: what have you learnt? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3662309 - 01/22/05 12:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
He who speaks the truth, says almost nothing.

In interactive physical reality, this may be as one and live it and show by example what being in ones truth is.

Have we figured "THE TRUTH" yet here anyway? If you did Skorp share it please.

I thought it was about discovering it your own truths along the way and the subjective nature of it is where the meaning in life for us comes from, individually.

Collective truths come into play and are realized when we are living in Harmony with others and our environments.

Here, at S&P, we can't silently live in our truth with each other through our actions alone, because, all we can do to interact here is "speak" through typed words.

You probably shared it for life off of the board and it's good like how a picture is worth a thousand words, yes that is what our actions off the board can speak to others. We need say nothing and can say volumes when we go to pick up someone else's garbage and put it in the trash can at the park, or let the lady with one item go ahead of us in line with our full cart, or when we return a lost wallet to the police station with no need to be contacted by the owner for reward money.

I just find it funny when that phrase comes up here and people may think "yes, If I don't speak here, then, they will know I have THE TRUTH, and yeah, we won't know you exist either so speak up if ya got IT folks cuz, I can't see you through this computer! :thumbup: :heart:

Oh and I don't know how to answer your question Spud. For me it's not so much about gaining "knowledge" as it is about stretching the mind and heart and the exercises engaged in here using them through fast paced interaction to keep fit and strong and well.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: what have you learnt? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3663254 - 01/22/05 05:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i learned that i can better myself by trying to better others.
i learned that there is still a very special kind of mutual love for humankind, which i had given up on. (thanks frog)
i learned that no matter how many ignorant people can gather in one place, the logical still far outnumber them.
i learned that my girlfreind is very jealous of my computer.
i learned that swami got banned.
i learned that my thoughts still exist, i was only suppressing them.
i learned that you are me and i am you.
i learned that there is, and allways has been, a higher consiousness within all of mankind, most just dont take the time to find it.
i learned that we say more by saying nothing at all.
and that im not the only person who doesnt like objective reality.

love and light.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Edited by incubaby_421 (01/22/05 05:42 PM)

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: what have you learnt? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3663453 - 01/22/05 06:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

the biggest thing i have learnt is that everybody tries to change everybody else without trying to change themelves from within. and people don't beleive/trust themselves enough with their feelings/emotions and own answers.
and since posting there has been one teaching that i have allowed myself to learn and understand, it was about beliefs that one doesn't need to know anything beyond physical reality and any beliefs beyong that distracts oneself from life. but still see and know the infinate possiblities doesn't mean i have to concentrate on those
it has changed the writtings i read the way i think and act.

or if not why do you post?
the reason i post is because i love to see the way people act and react. and another major part is that most of my posts i don't beleive in i just type in here just to put a different perspective even if it is not mine.

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #3663488 - 01/22/05 06:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:  right on spudamore, i usually just post something that i dont have any belief in, just to see what people say, its fun.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: what have you learnt? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3664861 - 01/23/05 12:04 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

not only is it fun but its great to see a great range of perceptions out there even if i don't correlate with them.

--------------------

Edited by spudamore (01/23/05 12:04 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology