Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCJJ
Stranger
 User Gallery

Complete Noobtard
    #3658160 - 01/21/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ive tripped for about a year now and im kinda sick of spending my money on somethin that i could grow as i grow my other green leafed friend. Anyway heres my problems I searched around and couldnt get any solid information on any of this so i turned to ask all of you.

First thing i have no preasure cooker and the boiling method is unclear do i fill the jar with water does the jar have a top on it? Are my spores etc in the jar when its being boiled? That kinda stuff.

Second i trip about once twice max a month and i trip on a high dose lil over 3.5g and i was gettin cyans befor they were gone in my area (NY). So im looking for somethin around the same potency that has enough yield to satisfy about 8 ppl so lets say an ounce.

Im asking you guys so feel free to give any kinda of suggestions im sure ill get some criticism(SP) I could probaly fil like 2-3 rubbermaid containers if need be and i used to have fish tanks when i was little so i have those fish tank heaters. What kinda substrate i wanna use etc i dont know yet w/e works and isnt overly complicated suggest somethin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChrisHippyLoser
Dope Smoker

Loc: Big Tex
Re: Complete Noobtard [Re: CJJ]
    #3658198 - 01/21/05 11:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

my suggestion... look into the PF Tek...that should basically answer all of the questions you had up there....its not the highest yield, but its a great place to start...and if you need more yiled just grow more cakes....

as far as the pressure cooker thing....dude, go get one! you could buy a big expensive one that holds like 20 jars at a time, but i have a cheap ass one that is actually broken and probably doesn't even get up to full pressure & temp, but it still works. it only holds 4 jars at a time, but it suits my needs for now. think i bought it for like $20 on sale at kohl's

you would certainly not want to cook your jars with spores in them!! the whole idea behind cookin them is to sterilize them, don't sterilize the poor little helpless spores....

you can simply steam, thas basically what i'm doin since my pc is broken...put the substrate filled jars in a pot with water about halfway up the sides of the jars and boil it...just keep reading and check out the beginner's teks on this site...do thread searches on the site...with a lot of reading, a lot of patience and a little trial and error you'll get it figured out...

its encouraged to ask questions, but please search for the answers first, because even though i'm pretty new i'm starting to notice a lot of the same simple questions asked over and over

sorry if this isn't the concise reply you were lookin for, but all the info you need is on this site you just need to do a little digging

i know that text descriptions can sometimes be hard to follow, but there are some well illustrated guides in the teks that really help to clear up some of those intial questions...

good luck man!

btw - i'd love to see some pics of your homegrown green buddies!

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3658205 - 01/21/05 12:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Have you read the PF Tek For Simple Minds?

I don't know much about boiling the jars, but I know spores are injected with a syringe once the jars are sterilized, not before, because the purpose of this process is to kill ALL fungus spores inside the jar so that nothing will grow inside except for the spores that you inject with the syringe.

Oh yeah, and as for yeild, each magic mushroom strain are fairly close potency wise, the substract you grow them on may have an impact on this. What I suggest is you start off with B+, it is easy to get and people seem to think they are very visual (which is nice).

And welcome to the shroomery :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by LuNaTiX (01/21/05 12:02 PM)

OfflineElahrairah
new-growth
    #3658207 - 01/21/05 12:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I managed to do without the PC (pressure cooker) on my first try, and all went well. Two cakes yielded about a quarter oz, but that's below normal because i used faulty ingredients.

Here's the whole story of my first grow, if you're interested.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3639089

To sterilize the pre-inoculated jars, i had then 3/4ths full of substrate (properly wet) and put an inch of perlite on top to keep them clean inside. then two layers of aluminum foil covered the jar top. put them in a pot of room temperature water filled up about halfway to the top of the jars, NOT GOING IN (this will ruin your water content percentage).

heating too quickly will break glass, so set the stove on medium and bring the water gradually up from room temperature. Dropping the jars into boiling water would be catastrophic. Also, they need to be kept off the bottom of the pot. if they rest on the bottom of the pot the bottom is touching hot hot metal and it can also cause a crack. i had mine resting on some balled up foil, and they still cracked.

both my jars cracked, one of them subsequently filled with boiling water, after an hour of boiling, but both ended up with successful colonization and fruiting. the yield was damaged by these mistakes, but the overall operation still succeeded.

it was my first and only time, so i cant tell you if this was a fluke, but since i agree that the teks and FAQs are not detailed enough, i wanted to share everything i know.

--------------------
All instances of FOAF in this post have been replaced by I and My for clarity of reading. No relation to the poster is meant or implied.

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Complete Noobtard [Re: Elahrairah]
    #3658224 - 01/21/05 12:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Elahrairah said:
if they rest on the bottom of the pot the bottom is touching hot hot metal and it can also cause a crack. i had mine resting on some balled up foil, and they still cracked.

Try using a towel or cloth of some sort, it stops the vibrations from the bubbles created at the bottom, and theres no direct heat from the pot.

--------------------

OfflineCJJ
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3661636 - 01/22/05 12:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the responses B+ sounds good i was kinda looking to get some kinda comparison on different levels per like gram dose and yield comparisons too if anyone has the time

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract