Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMBFT
Stranger
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: ZiggyStardust]
    #2729261 - 05/25/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm new here but was just kind of looking around and decided I wanted to relate my experiance with amanita muscaria which I had just last night. This is not at all like psylocibin mushrooms. This trip is much different. It was both very frightening and very euphoric at once. I was both certain I was going to die and elated because of it. At one point I felt no fear of death and was certain I had accidentally eaten the wrong mushroom because of the effects. I also took the advice to start low on the dose and still got hit with a ton of bricks. They were sun/air dried then made into a tea that was just below boiling. The effects took nearly 2 hours to convince me that I was actually tripping. Then when I thought I had taken too little they surpirsed me and told me I had taken way more than enough. Some of the worst side effects I have ever experianced in an pschoactive substance happened last night. First off was the deceptive nausea, accompanied by cold swet and profuse salivation- he nausea was not as bad as cubensis have been for me at times but more irratating in certain ways. Serious bladder and intestinal irratation- the bladder being the worst part. In fact the need to urinate/irratation was down right painful for a short time. I was also unable to urniate for a little while because of severe muscle twitching/tension that seemed to begin in my groin and later spread though-out my entire body. Once this shaking had migrated away from my groin the bladder irratation subsided and shortly disapeared. Immeadiately following that I began to get severe shakes/shivering. I felt as though my bones were going to snap for a few minutes from the raw tension in my muscles- this is when the effects really changed. I continued to feel the shivering but could calm the effects down if I focused on my breathing. Once I quieted my mind down I realized that I no longer had any fear. I could have made a mistake and eaten a Death Cap (amanita phalloides) and I still didn't care. I also felt extremely hot coming up but now felt very cold and needed to cover myself with heavy winter cloths and blankets. I then had the urge to dance partly out of exstatic euphoria, partly out of irratation. I also began stroking my head and neck to sort of console myself while thoughts of death/life/rebirth/existance/religion rolled around in my head. Soon after that began I felt so euphoric that I would describe it as MDMA X 10. I then felt most of the previous side effects subside and a great joy and interest in the world came over me. At once I realized the pointlessness of my life and at the same time found everything very important and profoundly interesting. This effect lasted until I came to the next stage of wanting to pass out or go to sleep as if I had taken mulitple sleeping medications. This is the most dangerous part of the trip in my oppinion since my breathing was somewhat arrested the entire time. In fact I did find myself being jolted awake by a rush of adrenalin in order to find myself not breathing. During the previous euphoric phase I had very intense closed eye hallucinations that would all but disapear when my eyes were open. These were not the patterns and flowing objects of psylocibin mushrooms but instead a sort of landscape and 3-D shape movement. Some shapes were extrememly specific every day things- others were alien objects. Most if not all had much more organization to them than the fractile chaos of cubensis. Later I passed out and awoke after an unknown amount of time. I had to urinate again and upon standing felt a extreme head rush- nearly strong enough for me to black out. After releaving myself I went back to sleep for another 4-5 hours and woke up tired with a sort of foginess similar to an alcohol hangover. I have done a fairly decent amount of research and read many accounts- my trip was pretty much A-typical and yet I was completely unprepared. The side effects were worth dealing with in some respects for the lessons the trip imparted on me but it wasn't "fun" by any means. I've had way harder trips actually on other substances but this one left me with feelings of awe and respect far beyond anything except maybe salvia divinorum as a close second. Upon further consideration this day after I know I will probably do them again but not for a long, long, long time. I also likend the effects to exactly what the FDA classifys them as- neuro-toxins. Yes they are profound and enlightening. Yes they are hallucinogenic. But they also may have taken my life if the dose was just a bit higher and I fell into a deeper sleep. In that respect they were very similar to a high dose of GHB- with potential for coma, arrested breathing, and an arrested heart. Do not take these lightly. I do consider them a poison which is saying a lot from me since I've tried many other entheogenic plants and never had such a feeling towards the others. It may not leave you with any permament damamge but it may not let you go if you don't respect it and tread lightly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: amanita disapointment [Re: ZiggyStardust]
    #2731021 - 05/26/04 02:53 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well i have left overs ill try this thanks homey

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2731215 - 05/26/04 06:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

um i would read it after you take some BASIC english lessons and learn how to fu*king use paragraphs!! :laugh:
no hard feelings but i just can't read that!

Offlineshrooms777
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: el_duderino]
    #2735914 - 05/27/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

amanta is a poison all right in larger dosages. I agree with the trend carefully thing. based on your trip report and intense body load with arrested breathing, I will avoid amantas(too risky of OD) shrooms seem much more gentle and psychadelic. also the shroom OD is so high your stomach most likley will rupture first. shrooms do make you feel hot, sweaty, cold and numb and can also make breathing a bit hard in large dosages but I didnt experience any of the effects you did on amantas.

Invisibleprince_toadstool
Punchline
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2735974 - 05/27/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i wish i had seen this thread earlier, i ordered amantia yesterday (nothin growin here, and they are legal.) the way the shroom wizard told it to me a couple of years ago, these are the strongest shroom trips there is but it is slightly poisonous to humans so you almost definately will at least throw up, then you start to trip balls.

the way i've been lookin at it, the trick would be to not let the nausea make you have a bad trip

--------------------
"Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers." Voltaire

Offlineshrooms777
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: prince_toadstool]
    #2736359 - 05/27/04 10:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

you should be fine if you start of on a very low dosage, take a bit more at a time and when you feel uncomfortable, thats your maximum dosage right there.

OfflineJack_Straw
ROC
 User Gallery
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: Sterile]
    #3657694 - 01/21/05 08:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sterile said:
I know that some people (us) find 10x extract that is quite a blast. Anyone know about this???

read all the preparations on erowid and they're for whole caps.. how should I prepare 10x powdered extract? Mix with cannabis?
tia

Edited by Jack_Straw (01/21/05 09:26 AM)

Offlinedusteye
Male

Re: amanita disapointment [Re: shamantra]
    #28056393 - 11/17/22 03:30 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

yea, they expect to go get high, or maybe feel anyting. But really, its all a loot of bulls... Your better of eating carboard and expect to get high then amanitas. At least in my experience, if you have any onther, good for you. but really this feel like a hype and some people are making a loot of money on this (amanita dreamer) and are selling air. Its like a religion or cult. A loot of shit sellign and people who want it to work, but just placebo. If you have any other experience, good for you. But really, does nothing for me.

Offlinedusteye
Male

Re: amanita disapointment [Re: Sterile]
    #28056398 - 11/17/22 03:33 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I feel that people are just tipping on toes not to be rude. But really no one gets high on this stuff. Some people have the placebo effect and others are getting rich of people who really want it to work.

I dont think it works at all.

OfflineBab.D
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: dusteye]
    #28057211 - 11/17/22 09:36 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Dude, chill down. You had a plant-based drug, they are extremely variable in terms of alkaloid concentration to individual specimen levels.

By the level of expectations you build up for this, probably it was for the best that you hadn't have a "hit".

A.Muscaria is more deliriant than a psychedelic. Its probably something between Burgomansia/Datura/Belladonna and S.Divinorum. 

Take a break, try other stuff, and maybe one day give it another try.

You also have to take into account your individual sensibility to the actives. Some people sometimes aren't affected at all by some substances, you could give them 2-3x the regular dosage and they will not feel shit. It's just not for them :smile:

Quote:

Smiley_Riley said:

What the???  DON'T EAT A. PANTHERINA... This is the bastard responsible for most of the deaths caused by eating Amanita mushrooms...

Btw, this is wrong. You are confusing A. Pantherina with A. Phaloides.
A. Pantherina is psychoactive, and has the same alkaloids as A.Muscaria, according to some reports sometimes stronger btw.

There's even a trip report by P. Stamets himself on it:

That being said: A.Muscaria has to be prepared in a specific way to decarboxilate most of the I.Acid to avoid the neuro-toxic alcohol-like effects of it.  Make sure to do the proper research before ingesting.

Edited by Bab.D (11/17/22 09:43 PM)

Offlinedusteye
Male

Re: amanita disapointment [Re: Bab.D]
    #28063081 - 11/21/22 11:09 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

I have bought 2 from 2 different vendors at separate time and I have harvest my own, a ton of them. Done more then 15 grams in one go. Maybe its not for me. People have different brain chemistry. However its not like someone would do cubensis and say the same thing. Amanitas are week or most time week, maybe you can get a potent sample sometimes, but I haven't.

yea, Pantherinas are probably a better choice if you are somewhat tolerant of this kind of stuff. I have also seen Paul's video on them and I do not doubt that guy.

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: dusteye]
    #28063866 - 11/21/22 07:36 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Amanitas. :smile:

Fifteen grams should have you up on them. Five grams should have good hold. An ounce will get far out, or in, somewhere, but where? 

First time ingested. Unknown amount put me under to sleep where woke up to a three layered horizontal mind. Grabbed sage and marched circles in the room.

They far from psilocybe. You don't trip on them like that. Is more of a drunk feeling with a opened mind.  Out of body trance inducer. But, out of body like a heavy black out drunk.

An odd duality to these as if stay from letting any psychic effect to play off of, all that will feel is own body feeling as the body of the amanita mushroom; sticky, moist mushroom flesh. A little difficult to have organs as human does in a mushroom body flesh.

Ho!ho!ho!

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

Offlinedusteye
Male

Re: amanita disapointment [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #28064377 - 11/22/22 07:31 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Quote:

WhoManBeing said:
Amanitas. :smile:

Fifteen grams should have you up on them. Five grams should have good hold. An ounce will get far out, or in, somewhere, but where? 

First time ingested. Unknown amount put me under to sleep where woke up to a three layered horizontal mind. Grabbed sage and marched circles in the room.

They far from psilocybe. You don't trip on them like that. Is more of a drunk feeling with a opened mind.  Out of body trance inducer. But, out of body like a heavy black out drunk.

An odd duality to these as if stay from letting any psychic effect to play off of, all that will feel is own body feeling as the body of the amanita mushroom; sticky, moist mushroom flesh. A little difficult to have organs as human does in a mushroom body flesh.

Ho!ho!ho!

did you eat them? I made tee... maybe I should try to eat them?

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #28064494 - 11/22/22 09:43 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Either or.

I've never bought them. I don't like thought of that. So...

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

Offlineanguila

#28064583 - 11/22/22 10:45 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Someone revived a thread from 2004 here...lulz. That aside...I've only heard bad things about Amanita Muscaria. A bunch of friends at uni did it and just felt fever like and delirious for a day...glad i dodged that one.

I'd rather just stick to psilocybin mushrooms, personally.

--------------------
In my vision I was on the veranda of a vast estate, a palazzo of some fantastic proportion.

Offlinerelaxedmonk
strangeness

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: amanita disapointment [Re: anguila]
    #28066186 - 11/23/22 03:27 PM (1 year, 3 months ago)

Yea I don't have anything positive to mention about this mushroom either.
Took one good cap, fresh though, in a tea about 10 years ago and it made me feel like shit.
Similar to others: like a very drunk and sleepy feeling. Fell into a slumber a few hours in. Maybe it was the toxins though.
There's so much better things out there. Although I have the wish in the back of my mind to try it fully dried, one more time in the future.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules