Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHerbal_Smokey
Stranger
Y NOT LEGALIZE IT?
    #3656226 - 01/20/05 10:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I just wanted to write about how bull shit the law is......
Someone decided that WE can not inhail the smoke that is produce when the marijuana leaf is burnt. We have no right to do what we want to do. I mean what does marijuana do to you isn't as bad as cigarret and everybody knows it. But yet, someone have to make a huge deal about smoking marijuana. And just today I got in trouble.
I'm in deep shit.... PEOPLE LET'S LEGALIZE THIS. SO NO 1 have to struggle over weed. Everybody will be at least happy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: Y NOT LEGALIZE IT? [Re: Herbal_Smokey]
    #3656237 - 01/20/05 10:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ya...i wanna just move back to canada...the us federal laws on pot suck, but they are getting better within state law

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3656319 - 01/20/05 10:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You're preachin to the choir, brotha. We all wanna legalise it too. Write your congressman. At least he can do something about it. Not that he will but he could.

--------------------

OfflineHerbal_Smokey
Stranger
Re: Y NOT LEGALIZE IT? [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3656327 - 01/20/05 10:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah... it has become part of my life now.... And I know i need to laid it down but I never thought of stoppin it completly

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3656333 - 01/20/05 10:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's clear that weed causes hysterical sexual fraternization between young men and, if these young male marijuana abusers can't find another "high" homosexual to fornicate with, they will often seek out a young girl and a)get her "high" as well and take advantage of her, or, b) rape the girl and leave her in an alley.

Drug laws make sense, because they are for our protection as a civilized society.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

OfflineHerbal_Smokey
Stranger
Re: Y NOT LEGALIZE IT? [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3656352 - 01/20/05 10:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

what............................... that was some funny shit... huuuu i'm trippin out... that's some funny stuff... oooo haha...

Offlinekiss
numbnuts
 User Gallery

Loc: under your bed
    #3656434 - 01/20/05 10:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

gnubobo said=Drug laws make sense, because they are for our protection as a civilized society.
You are correct to a certain degree.
However when we are talking about cannabis there is a whole other issue that brews down below the surface that nobody see's, or is willing to consider.
Take in the account of the major medical manufactures, to a certain degree you would also be talking about in-wrongful imprisonment, tax,, and basically all of the major industries one major one comes to mind...that one that kicked it in the first place...DuPont!
And lets not forget petroleum based products, the list is almost endless.
When you wanna ponder where the problem lies...think about money...that's it!

--------------------
see dick drink
see dick drive
see dick die
don't be a dick!

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3656470 - 01/20/05 11:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It is definitely not illegal because they honestly think it's inherently 'bad' for you..

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: Y NOT LEGALIZE IT? [Re: kiss]
    #3656472 - 01/20/05 11:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kiss said:
gnubobo said=Drug laws make sense, because they are for our protection as a civilized society.
You are correct to a certain degree.
However when we are talking about cannabis there is a whole other issue that brews down below the surface that nobody see's, or is willing to consider.
Take in the account of the major medical manufactures, to a certain degree you would also be talking about in-wrongful imprisonment, tax,, and basically all of the major industries one major one comes to mind...that one that kicked it in the first place...DuPont!
And lets not forget petroleum based products, the list is almost endless.
When you wanna ponder where the problem lies...think about money...that's it!

:rolleyes:
par?o?dy  Audio pronunciation of "parody" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (pr-d)
n. pl. par?o?dies

1. A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule. See Synonyms at caricature.
        2. The genre of literature comprising such works.
  2. Something so bad as to be equivalent to intentional mockery; a travesty: The trial was a parody of justice.

sat?ire  Audio pronunciation of "satire" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (str)
n.

1. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
        2. The branch of literature constituting such works. See Synonyms at caricature.
  2. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

:shocked:

:wink:
:sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Y NOT LEGALIZE IT? [Re: usefulidiot]
    #3656481 - 01/20/05 11:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

the first step to legalisation of pot in the us
is the legalisation of it in canada :smile:

--------------------

InvisiblePaou
Seeker

Loc: Transcendence
    #3656508 - 01/20/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well once upon a time in 1776 Thomas Jefferson signed his name on a piece of marijuana, and this document was a symbol of freedom and of liberty, at least for the rich, white, gentry. And time marched along, this plant that I referred to has been used for everything from medicine to the American flag. And now it seems to me that somewhere along the way things got messed up, yeah, messed up, for marijuana.

A gift of God to my brothers and me. Oh marijuana?the government wants to test me when I pee.

Well some say a conspiracy, petro chemical and pulp paper industries combined to kill the competition, government hysteria, monopoly, and conflict of interest, with total impunity. Yeah, so, if you don?t buy the conspiracy, just look at the reality that your tax dollars go to spray poison on the fields of a farmer in South America. And as an added bonus, your neighbor might be the proud recipient of that poison weed.

Oh marijuana?the government wants to test me when I pee. Oh marijuana?a gift of God to my brothers and me. Oh marijuana?you can?t legislate your own morality. Oh marijuana?the government wants to test me when I pee.

Free from madness, chronic sadness, what is the half-life of bad propaganda? The policies fail, denied bail, you made him a demon now pay for his trip to prison. Hard to promote the status quote, but what is the shelf life of bad legislation? The hypocrite smirks, it?s a moral disgrace as he reads from the law that was written about the same time that he had his last original thoughts. Men said he was dying and the nausea and the pain left him wasting away and unable to keep a meal down. So he tried everything prescription could obtain but to no avail. The side effects were worse than the pain. So now he breaks the law to use the one thing that seems to help him out. But the people say, ?Oh he?s just gettin high.? Not to change the subject but, didn?t you ever wonder why getting high?s a crime. Yeah a crime.

Oh marijuana?a gift of God to my brothers and me. Oh marijuana?now the government wants to test me when I pee. Oh marijuana?the government wants to test me when I pee. Oh marijuana?the government wants to test me when I pee. Oh marijuana?the government wants to test me when I pee. Oh marijuana?(this is the part where everybody would sing along) when I pee.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3656526 - 01/20/05 11:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

they cannot legalize the ganja mang.  they cant regulate it.  until they thouroughly know how to tax that shit, and to make it their own, then it will not be legal.  also the governmnt has too many financial conjoins with Dupont to legalize the shit.  that would mean America could start being RESOURCEFUL! Forbidden! :wink:

Hemp is natural and can be used to cheaply make fuels, clothing, papers, etc.  the list is quite large, damn government and their oil.  Die for Oil suckahs!!!

Blahhhh! :crazy:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3657183 - 01/21/05 02:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There's a specific detail that often goes unnoticed by alot of people: The staggering amount of people who are in prison, behind bars and locked up solely for marijuana consumption and/or distribution alone is a major block for any immediate change in the laws that put all those people in prisons and jails with murderers, rapists, and so on.

For the entire government to suddenly say: "Oops. Okay, my bad. Let's release all the 1.2 million people outta there.. Sorry!" would be conducive to an atmosphere of mutiny and lack of respect and faith in the powers that Be. And that powers that Be aren't going to take that risk... any time soon, it seems.
At least, not while Bush is in the White House.. which brings to mind, yet another thing that prevents national freedom to dance with Mary Jane legally: We live in Bush-land, i.e. Jesus-Land. Need I say more?

To Holland, or Bust!

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#3657195 - 01/21/05 02:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Herbal_Smokey said:
I mean what does marijuana do to you isn't as bad as cigarret

Cannabis Boosts Risk of Psychosis
Doctors Warn of Cannabis Link to Mental Illness
Oxidative Stress Produced by Marijuana Smoke

I agree on legalizing/decriminalizing it though. But use it responsibly.

--------------------

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: Y NOT LEGALIZE IT? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3657202 - 01/21/05 02:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
There's a specific detail that often goes unnoticed by alot of people: The staggering amount of people who are in prison, behind bars and locked up solely for marijuana consumption and/or distribution alone is a major block for any immediate change in the laws that put all those people in prisons and jails with murderers, rapists, and so on.

For the entire government to suddenly say: "Oops. Okay, my bad. Let's release all the 1.2 million people outta there.. Sorry!" would be conducive to an atmosphere of mutiny and lack of respect and faith in the powers that Be. And that powers that Be aren't going to take that risk... any time soon, it seems.
At least, not while Bush is in the White House.. which brings to mind, yet another thing that prevents national freedom to dance with Mary Jane legally: We live in Bush-land, i.e. Jesus-Land. Need I say more?

To Holland, or Bust!

so true! so very very true

Offlinefalseliberty
Prophet
Loc: Not The U.S.
Re: Y NOT LEGALIZE IT? [Re: juende]
    #3657350 - 01/21/05 04:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The main problem with marijuana being legalized is that it has always been associated with a deviant subculture. First it was the Mexican migrants, then black jazz musicians, beatniks, bohemians, hippies, and so on. While alcohol has always been embraced by the middle class. Since the prohibition on alcohol was lifted, Anslinger, the first US drug czar needed a new evil. He started a campaign against marijuana full of outright lies and propaganda, funded by US taxpayer money. The images that he invoked are still in the minds of many Americans, and shaped the way the world viewed about marijuana. In 1960 he drafted the International Narcotics Act which was signed by over 100 countries, it basically said that if you legalize anything your nation will be subjected to sanctions, which means that they couldn't trade with other nations on the list, effectively bankrupting the country. To this day no country has withdrawn from the treaty, not even the Netherlands, or Switzerland, Brazil, etc, due to the USA's threats on isolation. The Netherlands and other progressive countries decriminalized it, they didn't legalized it. The coffee shops are in a grey zone of legality, hence the famous and only American run coffee shop in Amsterdam, The Grey Zone. (While no other country will withdraw from the INA out of fear of US reprisals, it's OK for the US to withdraw from the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty, which bans new nukes, and the Kyoto Treaty , which aims to stop global warming, hippocrites) Back to the Pot, Nixon viewed marijuana as one of the main causes (along with LSD) for dissent against the Vietnam War so a new campaign was waged against it, effectively making it a schedule 1 narcotic the that infamous 1970 bill that passed congress 100-0. Jimmy Carter (who allegedly smoke a joint with willy nelson on top of the White House) planned to decriminalize it, however, his chief of staff was slandered because of a picture of him doing coke at a Hollywood party. So Carter had to seem tough on drugs so the decriminalization went out the window. The worst person for MJ was Reagan (not a good man or president) who started the war on drugs followed with a whole new round of brainwashing propaganda. Clinton was no better because in his 8 years twice as many people were arrested for pot then in Reagan's. Again Democrats had to seem like they were tough on drugs. So the answer is to get as many people smoking as you can, make it as common as having a beer after work, in other words overgrow the government, so we can rip up the International Narcotics Act and roll one up with the scraps.

--------------------
"You better hope we've got some Thorazine in this bag or your in some big f*cking trouble." Hunter S. Thompson

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Y NOT LEGALIZE IT? [Re: falseliberty]
    #3658620 - 01/21/05 01:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, falseliberty, that was very informative. I wasn't aware of a lot of the history behind marijuana use/laws/polotics in this nation. I think I'll go do some research on it now. Thanks again and 5 shrooms for you! :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3658817 - 01/21/05 02:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"The penalties for the use of a drug should not be more damaging to the individual than use of the drug itself."

- Jimmy Carter

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Y NOT LEGALIZE IT? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3658874 - 01/21/05 02:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, Hendostan. That ones getting copy/pasted into my collection of "Cool Quotes" that I have on my desktop!

--------------------

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Y NOT LEGALIZE IT? [Re: dobinky]
    #3659042 - 01/21/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

MArijuana is illegal becasue it gets you HIGH. End of discussion.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom