Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehpnotiq
Stranger
Best weed and effects????
    #3649967 - 01/19/05 06:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I see some ppl here getting some real good side effects like CEVs etc.... What kind of weed is this? I didnt know this was possible with weed. What is the best weed to induce this? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGDxCAT
Wharf Rat

Loc: High in the Hills
Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: hpnotiq]
    #3649997 - 01/19/05 06:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

the best weed i've ever smoked gave me OEV aswell as CEV.
I cant tell you what strain it was though because i myself dont know.
It was a dark green color, almost brown and it had thin purple flares through some of the nugs.It was really sticky and i beleive a sativa dominant strain.
Some of the best strains ive smoked were white rhino, couchlock and NY diesel. Although the weed i described above blew all of those away.

--------------------
You who choose to lead must follow
But if you fall you fall alone
If you should stand then who's to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3650044 - 01/19/05 06:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hash will do it for ya.

--------------------

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3650320 - 01/19/05 07:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

OEV, CEV????? sorry.. please define?

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: clone]
    #3650323 - 01/19/05 07:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

open eye visuals and closed eye visuals

--------------------

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #3651258 - 01/19/05 11:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It really depends on your tolerance and the potency of the weed. I have taken a break from smoking for a good month, then smoked a large joint of some good Roman and felt like I was on acid without the visuals and for 1/16 the duration.

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: FlusH]
    #3651840 - 01/20/05 02:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

also that, but also depends very much on set and setting. if you always smoke in your room don't expect anything special to happen. Go for a walk in nature on a sunny day for a change and get really high, see how you like that. who needs CEV's then :laugh:

but if you're going for CEV's only smoke sometimes, not often and then smoke some potent weed. if you're lucky you'll have some nice CEV's. Space cake will give you CEV or OEV easier. eating it is way more psychedelic. Walk in nature at night (or day) with some good spacecake in your tummy is awesome :cool:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: stefan]
    #3652462 - 01/20/05 06:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It is marijuana with high concentrations of THCV that produces psychadelic effects.  This does not make it the best weed, it makes it the most psychadelic weed.  The best weed is the best weed for the set and setting of the moment, and as we all know, psychadelic effects are not always the best for the set and setting of the moment :wink:.  Quoted from something I wrote months earlier (and have since figured out it is indeed THCV):
Quote:

Well, like I said, not many people know about the psychadelic properties of marijuana; this is mostly due to the fact that most people never experience them.

It has little to do with the potency of the bud (i.e. not just any high quality bud can give you a psychadelic experience), it is concentration of certain cannabinoids. However, you're more likely to experience it of a really good brownie, as well (since the cannabinoid profile has to do with concentrations of various 'noids and if you up the over all concentration you might get enough of the 'noids in question!). Certain kinds of high quality bud have these psychadelic causing 'noids in high enough concentrations you can trip just smoking 'em. And then of course, there's THCV (which may actually be the 'noids I'm talking about anyway - I've not done a horrible amount of research on the subject) which is a kind of THC which is rarely in high enough concentration to be measureable or noticable in most bud and is extremely psychadelic.

So yeah, it's not so much about how much or how good it was, as it's about which cannabinoid profile it contained. Unfortunately, the experience I portrayed above happened when I was pretty young - indeed, it was my first psychadelic experience and scared the shit out of me initially, so I couldn't tell you what kind of bud it was, or even if it was an indica or sativa dominant strain! However, some *real* Silver Haze has given me psychadelic experiences as well, though not anything as powerful as that first time.....

Neville's Haze, an almost pure Haze with a touch of Northern Lights is reportedly a trippy bud, as well as possibly Bwanana (Sweet Skunk X Maui Haze), Diesel X Malawi X Diesel (supposedly high in THCV), Molokai (a short-season bud yielding maybe a half ounce from a plant if you're lucky - so what bud there IS is extremely potent) [a hawaiian bud], Princess Bob (another hawaiian), Spirit of 76 (at times), Thai (but to a greater extent, Thai X Haze).......

Interestingly, Haze itself is not known for being very psychadelic, but looking at the above list, it seems to be a good parent for strains that ARE like Silver Haze, Purple Haze (come on, Jimi wrote a song about it!), Neville's Haze, Bwanana, and Thai X Haze.

One of my very best friends also hasn't ever had a psychadelic experience with the herb, and I intend to give him one someday, growing it up - if I'm still hitting this place up by the time I produce a trippy strain, I'll let you guys know!

--------------------
delta9

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: stefan]
    #3652694 - 01/20/05 08:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hehe i always get CEV's. Repeat ALWAYS, provided i smoke enough to get well wasted. It's nothing to do with strain (I dont think). Sure some are more potent but i always seem to get CEV's. I guess it could depend on whether it's more of a sativa or indica and therefore the thc/cbd ratio. THC producing more of a trippy high and CBD the sedated couchlock high.

I've never had OEV's in the real hallucinogen sense of the word. However i often get a slowed frame rate effect, and well just more of an appreciation for normal visuals. Like nice sunsets and all that. Also an effect were everything i concentrate on gets more defined. Like it'll stick out more than the background. Coupled with the framerate thing, i get an effect that everything is jumping into focus. Almost like it's outlined, but not like an aura or nothng.

I'm just commenting on the visual effects as i perceive them and im sure everyone gets more or less the same effect. If not you're not smoking enough. I above all like the tactile effects. and eating food ... mmm yummy.

THC is great with the CEV's it's like a pre-dream hypnagogic state just all sorts of crazy shit flashing past, fucked up stuff u dont want to think of sometimes hehe. - but nothing like mushies.

About Sativa/Indica. I heard that the THC/CBD ratio all depends on timing of harvest. That after a while the plant starts producing more CBD, the only difference between Sativa and Indica is that Indicas grow much faster and produce this quicker whereas it'd take longer for Sativas.

Am I right or wrong? or have i totally mixed things up?

--------------------
Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you  call me.  That, or Duder.  His  Dudeness.
Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: el_duderino]
    #3652760 - 01/20/05 08:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hmm never heard of THCV.
I heard that when taking THC orally (dissolved in a fat) it is metabolised in the liver into a far more potent 'noid (hehe i like that term). Or a more psychedelic 'noid.
I always hear that brownies etc, are way more potent and of a longer duration. is this due to the higher concentration of THCV or the uber THC metabolised by the liver, or are they in fact the same thing?

--------------------
Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you  call me.  That, or Duder.  His  Dudeness.
Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: el_duderino]
    #3652810 - 01/20/05 08:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

el_duderino said:
About Sativa/Indica. I heard that the THC/CBD ratio all depends on timing of harvest. That after a while the plant starts producing more CBD, the only difference between Sativa and Indica is that Indicas grow much faster and produce this quicker whereas it'd take longer for Sativas.

Am I right or wrong? or have i totally mixed things up?

You're close. Check overgrow's FAQ on trichomes and when should I harvest.  Note, they're slightly older and I don't know the author or anything, who doesn't mention THCV as being particularily psychadelic, as this is the culmination of my own research leading up to today.  It may very well be other 'noids (yes, I like that word too :laugh: ), but right now it seems to all point at THCV.

--------------------
delta9

OfflineAnjaba
Yet to trip....
 User Gallery

Loc: Tampa
Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: delta9]
    #3654888 - 01/20/05 05:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I always get CEV when I get REALLY stoned.  It reminds me of when I look at something bright for a few seconds then close my eyes.  The picture is still there and like imprinted on my eyelids.  When I'm really baked and I just chill with my eyes closed I'll see pictured that are like imprinted on my eyelids.  Also if I stare at like wrinkly shit or any kind of textured fabric I'll somehow focus on only select lines and make cool pictures(mostly faces)  :stash: = :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineNoodleSalad
umm...yeah

Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: Anjaba]
    #3654990 - 01/20/05 06:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have never had any cev's or oev's with weed and i've taken long breaks and then smoked a ton. I've also eaten brownies many times. Also does 'noid mean cannabanoid(sp).

--------------------
life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liqour store, 40 oz to
Freedom,
so I'll take that walk.
And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin back

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
High as a kite ;)
Male User Gallery

Loc: BC and BCS
Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: NoodleSalad]
    #3655020 - 01/20/05 06:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ive smoked a fot bowl of iso oil
and tripped, thats right full out tripped, for a good hour
there were oevs all over and i was enjoying it until i realised i hadnt taken any shrooms....then it got a little sketchy.

OfflineNoodleSalad
umm...yeah

Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: Luv_The_Cyans]
    #3655044 - 01/20/05 06:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Are you sure it wasn't laced with pcp or something. I know a few people that were sold stuff that was laced without being told.

--------------------
life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liqour store, 40 oz to
Freedom,
so I'll take that walk.
And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin back

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3655475 - 01/20/05 07:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Anjaba said:
I always get CEV when I get REALLY stoned.  It reminds me of when I look at something bright for a few seconds then close my eyes.  The picture is still there and like imprinted on my eyelids.  When I'm really baked and I just chill with my eyes closed I'll see pictured that are like imprinted on my eyelids.  Also if I stare at like wrinkly shit or any kind of textured fabric I'll somehow focus on only select lines and make cool pictures(mostly faces)  :stash: = :thumbup:

I was sitting out in a friends car the other day after trying out a home made vaporizer that I made and I got the "focused" vision that someone mentioned in this thread and was staring at these vines along my house and saw three difference faces of chimpanzees shaped out in the vines... it was pretty humorous

--------------------

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3656015 - 01/20/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i may be going out on a limb here, but while i agree that chemestry, set and setting play a part...there are certain people who are more prone to visuals on pot. i dont always have visuals on pot, but i do remember in my first years, i was the only one of my friends who DID. its been almost a year since ive enjoyed a toke but up until the end, i'd get visuals at least every other session.

lawd knows i'd be tripping hard if i did any now. and valley weed, by and large isnt that great. once in a while...a mystical man in a van would come by and it would be xmas for a while if you could afford it....where was i?

oh yes. varies by person for some reason. genes? personality? the creativity factor? who knows.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

OfflineAnjaba
Yet to trip....
 User Gallery

Loc: Tampa
Re: Best weed and effects???? [Re: greenpastures]
    #3657500 - 01/21/05 06:23 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am a pretty creative person, especially when stoned. I think about the weirdest ass shit then like a minute later I'm thinking about some other weird ass shit and have completely forgot about the other weird ass shit. All while seeing shit as I'm staring at textured shit.

Started smokin last semester around my bday, remember the first time chillin behind the church on the jungle gym. Didn't know what to expect, saw a gremlin staring at me from the top of a palm tree. It looked sooo real, with all the christmas lights in the neighborhood. The longer I focused on it the more realistic it became.

Does anybody else get this really loud ringing inside their head when they get REALLY fucked up? I can only hear it when I think about it, then when my mind wanders I forget all about it until I remember it again, then it comes back.

--------------------

Offlinehpnotiq
Stranger
    #3657689 - 01/21/05 08:25 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I know some girl that was taken to the ER the first time she tried weed because she was seeing things and felt like someone was having sex with her. They took her to a friends house to cool down, and freaked out so much they took her and left her in the hospital. When her dad got there she imagined him saying to her "wow that blunt must of been good huh? i also smoked" and felt that she was making love....No idea wtf happend to her.....

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #3658001 - 01/21/05 10:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely the weed you get in Jamaica like the Sin and Ind. I hear White Widow is pretty nifty though.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale