Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Do you want to make a cartoon?
    #3648057 - 01/19/05 12:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Who here has...

*Spare time
*Drawing talent
*Animation talent
*Weird sense of humor
*Vocal talent/recording equipment.
*The desire to create a cool project from start to finish.

I'm working on a script, PM me if you're interested and you've got a sample of something cool you've done, even if it's small.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
Re: Do you want to make a cartoon? [Re: Phluck]
    #3648210 - 01/19/05 12:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ive got all of the above sans decent recording equipment, this sounds like it could be a really fun project.

my only problem is Im stuck in the UK untill march 14th, so....

cant really do any thing untill then, unless you could use any water color paintings. Thats all i can do for now though :thumbdown:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Do you want to make a cartoon? [Re: moosehead]
    #3648278 - 01/19/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've never really done anything like this, so I'm not sure how long it will take, we could still be needing things to be done by then. I'll PM you the rough script I've got so far.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

#3652636 - 01/20/05 07:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I liked the script. The ending is kinda ....abrupt? Or is there more? Any ways, its good and the scenery is simple enough to do with out to much trouble, but can still be made interesting.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3653140 - 01/20/05 10:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's not quite finished yet, and once it is done, I'll be polishing it up. :P

Actually, I might as well post the link in this forum, I doubt my bandwidth will get raped too bad... (knock on wood)

Script in progress: http://70.25.5.116/script.html

Any suggestions from anyone?
Or alternately....

Anyone know of any online communities where people discuss/critique comedy scripts?

--------------------

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #3653463 - 01/20/05 12:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i read your script, it was pretty funny.
i loved Mr. Belvidere's tupee part in the beginning.

what would you say are your cartoon influences?

from your script you seem like you would prefer to watch an episode of Ren and Stimpy or Aqua Teen over an episode of say...Dr. Katz.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Do you want to make a cartoon? [Re: MrBump]
    #3653568 - 01/20/05 12:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I like all of those, but this script is certainly more of a wacky/bizarre type of deal as opposed to Dr. Katz/Home Movies... but I'd certainly be interested in doing something like those.

I think they're more improvised though, it would probably best to just sit down with some people and record dialog, and then piece it together into a coherant script for that kind of humor.

--------------------

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #3654282 - 01/20/05 03:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, and thats not possible over the internet, unfortunately.

im kinda intrigued by this idea, i feel i need to try some creative things so im down to help out with the project.

i'll think about some script ideas and maybe write a scene.
i do like your script, but does it end that abruptly or is it just unfinished.

i cant really draw all that well, but luckily most cartoons out today aernt of disney quality animation.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Do you want to make a cartoon? [Re: MrBump]
    #3654383 - 01/20/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's unfinished, you can check in now and then for updates if you want, I want to have an ending to it by tonight.

--------------------

Offlinekiss
numbnuts
 User Gallery

Loc: under your bed
    #3661287 - 01/21/05 11:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey ya got room for me?
I don't have alot of time these days. However I do carry a 2 year scholarship from the art institute of Phila. penn., and a small course (few weeks) from the fella who made the movie...:Who framed Roger Rabbit". It's small school here in NJ. Not even sure if it's still around?
Skills include pen/ink, pencil.
To be clear....I draw life like image's using mainly pencil's.
I've been out of practise for some time now. Have to get back into the swing of things.
I've lost all my good drawing stuff from an unfortunate happening here afew years ago, and never started back up :smirk:
Lost my damn pencil! Had that thing for years!

--------------------
see dick drink
see dick drive
see dick die
don't be a dick!

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
    #3663624 - 01/22/05 05:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'd defiantly be interested, except I don't really do anything digitally. PM me some material, that link isn't working.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Do you want to make a cartoon? [Re: funkymonk]
    #3667297 - 01/23/05 10:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The link should be working now, I forgot to turn on the webserver on my computer after fiddling around with some things.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Do you want to make a cartoon? [Re: kiss]
    #3667308 - 01/23/05 10:33 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Kiss- That sounds excellent, someone with some decent art training would DEFINITELY be an asset here.

People who can draw/animate are what are needed the most.

Funky- Working with paper shouldn't be a huge problem... do you have much experience with color? We'll need backdrops and whatnot, and it certainly won't be a problem to scan those in.

The backdrops should probably be more detailed/realistic than the characters. The characters can be kept simple, but more realistic looking ones would be fine too, just keep in mind that detail means a lot of work when animating, even though the animation is still going to be fairly basic.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3668983 - 01/23/05 05:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Someone was asking me if my script could be used for a Shroomery Radio sketch, and I think that'd be fine, I could easily write more sketches like that one, and I have a few ideas. Having this one recorded for the radio might be a good way to get a feel for the characters, so... whoever's involved with the radio PM me, we should meet up on IRC and go over how to edit the script for radio.

As for actually going through with the cartoon, whether we use this script or another one, I'm thinking that the first steps would be to put together a story board for the script, and start making a list of backdrops/characters that need to be drawn.

So, a checklist of the first steps that need to be done.

1. Script, finishing and polishing it.
2. Some rough ideas for character appearance. (If anyone wants to try sketching out ideas, go ahead, they don't have to look anything like the images on the page I posted, and you can certainly try different looks for the two characters I already posted images of.)
3. Storyboarding the whole thing
4. Recording voice/sound
5. Adjustments to storyboard, as I'm sure that things will end up a little bit different after whoever does the voices do their things.

6. Animation! Drawing backdrops, and animations for all the characters.

7. Various editing, which we'll know more about once we have a better idea of how we're handling that.

I'm going to try and get e-mail addresses together for people who are involved so I can send out news/info directly to those people as well.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3669344 - 01/23/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There's an ending now... I don't really think it's well suited for radio though. I think maybe we should have a script review meeting soon to revise it. I think I'll start another script geared towards radio as well.

I'm going to try and get in touch with a few significant people before setting a time for the script meeting, but once I do I'll post here/send out e-mails.

--------------------

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

#3671412 - 01/24/05 05:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I like how you finished it up, but umm, wouldnt calculus be worked out in the left hemisphere?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3671443 - 01/24/05 06:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

By golly, you're right... I'll change that, thanks :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
    #3671670 - 01/24/05 09:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I paint on canvas and defiantly can do backdrops.
just let me know what you need.

Offlinerunnerup
student

Loc: USA
Re: Do you want to make a cartoon? [Re: funkymonk]
    #3675459 - 01/24/05 11:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This is really good, with some computer animation engineering and some good sound production we can come up with a good demo for episode 1. I have a lot of resources here in San Francisco with some friends at the art institute, and sfsu let me know if you want me to use them.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Do you want to make a cartoon? [Re: runnerup]
    #3676770 - 01/25/05 08:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That's excellent, good to know we've got some more animation resources then.

What are people doing thursday evening... say 9pm EST? I think we should get together on IRC and go over the script so I can start to storyboard it. I'll send out an e-mail to everyone to make sure they all get the message.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies