Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Scientific Research Showing Thought's Affect on Matter [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3662517 - 01/22/05 11:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

When we have a negative outlook on life, there are many physical effects. When we have a negative outlook, we place ourselves under stress.

When an individual is under stress, there are greater concentrations of cortisol, a stress horemone, in the blood. Excess cortisol can lead to muscle degeneration, hypertension, and blood clots. Under stress, the body's metabolism slows down, and we are more susceptible to weight gain and hyperlipidemia. Under stress, we are quick to eliminate HDL (good cholesterol) and slow to eliminate LDL (bad cholsterol). Stress can lead to a hyperactive gall bladder, which can cause heartburn, ulcers. Using blanket terms, under stress the sympathetic ("fight or flight") nervous system is hyperactive, while the parasympathetic ("rest and digest") nervous system is hypoactive. This is a fundamental imbalance, a fundamental asymmetry, which has devestating effects on our health.

On top of all of this, those with a negative outlook on life generally have the tendency to neglect themselves, to indulge too often in fatty and salty foods, such as potato chips and ice cream. Sometimes, they miss meals. In general, unhappy people drink to excess more often. They smoke more cigarettes. Across the board, those with a negative outlook are more likely to lead unhealthy lifestyles.

Of course, there many shades of grey between "those with a positive outlook" and "those with a negative outlook". Regardless, there is a direct, scientific correlation between one's psychological wellbeing and one's physical wellbeing.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Scientific Research Showing Thought's Affect on Matter [Re: Ped]
    #3662535 - 01/22/05 11:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you are correct from a western medicine perscpective.
there are other forces at work which cannot be explained by simple bio and neurochemistry. if it is at all possible to explain them by these means, we have at least a few hundred years to go.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Scientific Research Showing Thought's Affect on Matter [Re: fresh313]
    #3662789 - 01/22/05 01:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

>> there are other forces at work which cannot be explained by simple bio and neurochemistry

Certainly there are. In this case, however, western medicine served as a good starting point for demonstrating to westernized people that there is in fact a relationship to be explored between the tangible (our physical being) and the intangible (our mental continuum).

>> if it is at all possible to explain them by these means, we have at least a few hundred years to go.

That's not necessarily true. At the rate things are changing in other western-dominated fields, it would seem that there is about to be a mightyclash, followed by a mighty coalescence, between two seemingly opposite worlds: the rational, and the intuitive. There is a bridge forming between general relativity and quantum mechanics; there is a bridge forming between modern physics and ancient mysticism; there is a bridge forming between systemic medicine and wholistic medicine. I'm hopeful that our lifetime will be the most exciting and cataclysmic in the history of our culture, superceded perhaps only by the century following.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:

Edited by Ped (01/22/05 01:14 PM)

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3662902 - 01/22/05 02:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wishful thinking
sounds like you wanna live in the greatest period of humanity ; )
your setting yourself up for a big disappointment

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3662948 - 01/22/05 02:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said: there is a direct, scientific correlation between one's psychological wellbeing and one's physical wellbeing.

good post Ped, good information. it sure would be nice if 'eastern' and 'western' approaches to medicine were more commonly integrated. I mean, each of us as individuals can integrate the two to whatever degree we deem appropriate, but... I said this in a post last week some time, the two approaches are different on almost all levels. the 'eastern' approach is more personal, more user-friendly, more amenable to self-diagnosis and treatment. the 'western' approach is further out of the patient's grasp, more specialized it seems. but I guess in this way they are complementary, not at odds

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
    #3663009 - 01/22/05 02:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ped, after reading your post it is apparent that you have quite a bit of knoweledge regarding the functions of the human machine. Here is a little tidbit of info that I found quite interesting as I am a student of the body as well.

As people nurture a specific emotional, mental, and physical state, be it anxiety, stress, hate, despair, joy, happiness, love, etc. their cells are exposed to the proteins particular to said state of being. These proteins are produced in the hypothalamus and almost instantaneously spread throughout the body. While I'm sure you were well aware of this, the point that I found to be especially intriguing was that as these states of being are maintained, our cells become more adept at recieving the particular protein associated with the state. This occurs as cellular division takes place, with each subsequent daughter cell having more receptor sites for the most prevalent protein. What really made me think was that the increase in specific protein receptor sites was had via a sacrifice of receptors for vitamins, minerals, and other hormones, proteins, etc. What was concluded from this information was that aging, a loss of cellular efficiency and protein breakdown, may be due to an addiction of sorts to emotions, thoughts, and their associated states of being. Wrinkles due to the breakdown of collagen fibers and stomach ailments from enzyme imbalances were two specific age-related conditions that may be averted by releasing ourselves from our mental addictions.

Another thing that was mentioned in the movie ("what the bleep") was that a study was done to examine the effect of intention (specifically prayer by buddhist monks) on crime rates in the city of Washington D.C. While police and other authorities originally lambasted the project, saying that only 3 feet of snow would reduce crime rates by 25%, by the end of the study they were collaborators as the results far exceeded their expectations. Crime actually was reduced by 25% for the duration of the project, and while this can be rationalized by saying that some other factor must have been at work that wasn't recorded by the people conducting the study, the obvious conclusion one can draw from this is that thoughts have power.

Speaking of power, somebody mentioned before that they thought it hard to believe that taping a word on a glass of water would have any sort of effect, or that it required water to be in possesion of intelligence so that it could decypher the information. How I look at it is that there is energy in everthing we do. Thoughts, borne of an electrical storm in our brains, have an energetic frequency. Words, which are vibratory in nature also possess an energetic signature. Think about the effect of certain words on people, or how the meaning of words changes through history. The ancient symbols of buddhism, hinduism, and other ancient religious institutions are regarded as being important simply because of the energy they possess (om, or aum, for example).

What this means to us is that we have infinite avenues of expression. Expression is energetic in nature and how we choose to express ourselves creates a personalized energetic pattern. However, the pattern isn't localized, and this is the most important thing to keep in mind, what goes on inside you determines what takes place outside of you. If quantum physics has shown us anything, its that the observer and the observation are inextricably linked.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
Re: Scientific Research Showing Thought's Affect on Matter [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3664515 - 01/22/05 08:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup: I liked the movie too.  I really agree with dmtrypr.  The energy that we put out, whether by thought or intent or whatever is constantly affecting the universe around us.

It has been my experience that if you think positively, positive things will happen to you.

Could this be coincidence?  sure.  Ultimately, who gives a fuck.  It can't hurt.

happy thinking

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Scientific Research Showing Thought's Affect on Matter [Re: fresh313]
    #3664691 - 01/22/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

>> your setting yourself up for a big disappointment

The whole "no-faith-in-humanity" thing is overdone and lacks creativity. The problems of our history are systemic problems; they are the result of a global super-culture with a harmful an inaccurate paradigm for dealing with life and the universe. It is a paradigm that sees this as seperate from that, and that as seperate from this. In other words, it is a paradigm that sees human beings as seperate from their environment, and from eachother, and, in addition to that view, that human beings are the divinely ordained owners of the environment. Among the assumptions with it's roots in this paradigm is the assumption that there is a fundamental distinction to be made between an individual and their physical organism.

A united view between general relativity and quantum mechanics, between modern physics and ancient mysticism, between systemic medicine and wholistic medicine; these changes undermine our current paradigm and suggest a replacement: that organisms as individuals are intimately bound up with organisms as environments.

As generations pass, cultures have always formed and reformed around paradigmatic views. Those views are given to us by scientists, philosophers, religious and political leaders. When a generation or two embraces the new paradigm offered up by new discoveries which are already in the works, there is vast potential for changing trends in our coming history. When it's given a little thought, it's easy to see that there is hope for humanity after all.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #3665165 - 01/22/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Great post, Ped.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlineoahu
Stranger
Re: Scientific Research Showing Thought's Affect on Matter [Re: Sclorch]
    #3665433 - 01/22/05 11:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

this is just a thought but since the body is mostly made up of water and water is effected by thought wouldn't that sort of justify Qi as in Qi is energy in the form of thought/brain waves and when u concentrate u manipulate ur Qi, as in bruce lee's theory; move like water.

when bruce lee did the 2inch punch, that sorta justifies thought sending off waves to the water throughout his body to move in one single direction, like taking the water weight of a person and moving that water in a single direction would create a good amount of force, correct?

sorry i am just typing down thoughts i haven't got them centered, but also since shroom's are mostly made of water and there are some stories people told on this forum about the shrooms talking to them using telepathy wouldn't that justify water as thought

OfflineFungusmaximusFM
Shepherds theweak through thevalley ofdarkness

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Scientific Research Showing Thought's Affect on Matter [Re: oahu]
    #3666041 - 01/23/05 01:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thats great!
This just confirms more of what I already know, great link, Ill be sure to share it with other boards...

--------------------
Lord Fungusmaximus

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Scientific Research Showing Thought's Affect on Matter [Re: FungusmaximusFM]
    #3666321 - 01/23/05 02:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Wow,ive been looking for something like this to show up.excellent post.

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

Re: Scientific Research Showing Thought's Affect on Matter [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3666392 - 01/23/05 02:36 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
don't present conjecture as science. Here is Dr. Emoto's self described credentials

Hue is making a foolish argument. He's not adressing the data or the methodology of the experiment. Instead he's discrediting the guy who did it. In the world of rational thought, this has got to be the most easily recognizable logical fallacy.

Hue's attempt at debating was valiant but.. pathetic. Disgustingly so, actually. That I was the first to point out this obvious flaw is equally appalling. I don't post for a few days and shit... what the hell goes on in here when I'm out?? You all bring shame on this forum, especially hue. Other than that, I'll have to check out what sounds like a neat article on some cool research.

He is not making a foolish argument at all. In no way is this science at all. Do you understand that movie is just that, a movie. The website itself even has a disclaimer saying that it is not fact. It is fiction to make a story. Maybe there is some truths or good ideas, but in no way can you consider taking that as evidence to make an judgement on. Firstly just look at the experiment the guy performed.

"He developed a technique using a very powerful microscope in a very cold room along with high-speed photography, to photograph newly formed crystals of frozen water samples. Not all water samples crystallize however. Water samples from extremely polluted rivers directly seem to express the 'state' the water is in."

Lets look at this objectively now, do we know how crystalization occurs. Yes, it occurs from an initial seed crystal then further crystals forming in the pattern of that seed crystal. That would be considered a crystalline structure. The entire crystal would be in an exact arranged pattern. Another structure would be poly-crystalline, where the the initial seed crystal structure isn't repeated throughout. There are various crystal patterns throughout the entire crystal. The third structure type would be amorphous where there is no crystalline pattern. The pattern of the crystal can be determined through the processing to create the crystal. My point is there are know bonding angles between atoms and they form in such for a reason. This experiment cannot be conclusive because it says nothing about how it was performed. It could only be valid if the only thing varying was the type of music. However, what I think but I am not sure due to the lack of information is that this guy just froze some water took pictures with some music playing but hes not isolatingthe one variable that we are discussing here and that would be the energy. If just left to naturally freeze it can form in any pattern regardless of the music or whatever played. It will do this naturally. However you could form a crystal in a specific exact pattern regardless to the music or spiritual energy exposed to it. Simply look at semiconductor crystals, they are the most perfect substances on earth with nearly no imperfections and they can be repeatedly created this way regardless of the person that creates them.

Now not to say that I am refuting anyones claim that a persons energy can have an effect on the external world. Actually I believe this is actually entirely possible. The way I see it is thatyou brain controls your body, your nerves, your cells and everything that makes up your physical being. We havebrain functions to control complex processes that we dont even think about such as just oxygen traveling all over the body in a highly organized network. We don't even have to think about that, but what if we could think about that and control it. For instance if you could control the nerve in your brain that can connect all the way to the atom on the tip of your finger. You tell that nerve to send a packet of energy to that atom to eject say an electron. NOw that electron is going to fly out from its inital position and then affect some other external structure.Now if you could control a mass amount of these events you would create electricity. This is just a simple example of what Im trying to say. You could transfer energy information whatever. I think we can have control of bodies we just dont know how to harness it yet. Also bad thoughts can have strong effects on the body. It is know you can have stomach acids and all kinds of bad stuff created from bad thoughts.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag