Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
my first mushies (pics)
    #3652127 - 01/20/05 03:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

some days ago i posted about my worries for my "white headed primordia", now those primordia have grown a little bigger and can be called little mushrooms, their head is becoming a little brownish but still too light compared to the pics i have seen posted here (they are ecuadorian cubensis). moreover the head is very small but it may be normal at this stage, please see the pics i'm enclosing and tell me if there's something wrong, maybe in the temp/humidity/light parameters (all pics are taken from above the cake). in the last pic you can see the biggest shroom, it bended his head against the cake (PF tek cake, of course) and he's only growing in its ass! note that this is my first grow so i need even the most apparently obvious advice...

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: my first mushies (pics) [Re: lepiota]
    #3652192 - 01/20/05 03:27 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Look like mutants to me. Any UV rays from black lights or sunlight? Lots of chemical use (Lysol, Oust, alcohol, bleach ect)? Probably not an old culture, started right from spores right?

Well fat asses happen alot...no biggy there...I dunno, they look "weird" but healthy and ok to grow out an eat...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: my first mushies (pics) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3652243 - 01/20/05 03:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yup i started from a sporeprint, the only chemical i may think of was a kind of lysol i used during inoculation and incubation to keep the place clean, but apart from being "in the air" during incubation there was no direct contact between mycelium and disinfectant. eating is not a priority (taking prints is) but if they are mutant like you say, will their spores always spawn mutant fungi? i'll post more pics in the next stages anyway, thanx...

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
Re: my first mushies (pics) [Re: lepiota]
    #3652520 - 01/20/05 07:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i'm inexperienced, but most of my cakes fruit looks similar to those, kinda disturbing to hear they might all be mutants  :eek:

OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

Loc: Inside My Head
Re: my first mushies (pics) [Re: SoK]
    #3652548 - 01/20/05 07:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

lol me too, all of mine pretty much start out looking like that man, just wait they will grow up! its just baby fat! even humans are fat when their small...lol...my pins are always fatass's

-peace

--------------------
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!

Re: my first mushies (pics) [Re: SoK]
    #3653832 - 01/20/05 02:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SoK said:
i'm inexperienced, but most of my cakes fruit looks similar to those, kinda disturbing to hear they might all be mutants  :eek:

why, mutants are just as good as normals for eatin, puls they look funky (bad for prints though, the don't drop alot of sopres)

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

Offlineyoshikuni
i'm only afragment of yourimagination

Loc: New Zealand
Re: my first mushies (pics) [Re: penlight438094]
    #3653950 - 01/20/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow that last one loooks like a leach.. one of those blood sucking critters

--------------------
Hi there!

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
Re: my first mushies (pics) [Re: yoshikuni]
    #4096468 - 04/25/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

sorry to bring up an old [post but will a black light work for a light?

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: my first mushies (pics) [Re: sublimistri]
    #4097167 - 04/25/05 08:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

black light is a bad idea apparently

Quote:

Look like mutants to me. Any UV rays from black lights or sunlight? Lots of chemical use (Lysol, Oust, alcohol, bleach ect)? Probably not an old culture, started right from spores right?

do shrooms look cool under a blacklight? i was thinking of taking some pics in blacklight (unless you cant take pics in blacklight, i dont know photography), and i didnt want to mutate them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate