Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDK1
Male
Z-Strain Incubation
    #3653747 - 01/20/05 03:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I am incubating 12 pint and 12 half pint jars of z-strain star gazers in a TNT setup and the temp inside the small tub is 85 degrees fahrenheit. Is this the right incubation temp for z-strain? I am just asking because z-strain is not the same as cubensis.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Z-Strain Incubation [Re: DK1]
    #3653771 - 01/20/05 04:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

z-strain is a cubensis. star gazers are from a rip off artist's website, you got ripped. also, z-strain incubates just the same as all other cubensis strains.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineInnerBeing
Yakuza Boss

Loc: Chinatown
    #3653780 - 01/20/05 04:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Z-strain is a type (or strain) of cubensis mushroom.  It is much like B+, golden teacher, cambodians, and the like.  Your incubation temperatures should be the same for Z-strain as it would be for any other strain of cubensis mushroom. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
    #3654024 - 01/20/05 04:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DK1 said:
I am incubating 12 pint and 12 half pint jars of z-strain star gazers in a TNT setup and the temp inside the small tub is 85 degrees fahrenheit. Is this the right incubation temp for z-strain? I am just asking because z-strain is not the same as cubensis.

lolzzz

Z strain is a strain cubensis.

Z strain is also know as the GT strain.
See this asshole named the Kreeper (his real name is Shane) decided to rename strains of cubensis to get newbies interested in his products.
The guy is a dickhead!~

Optimal growth in the incubation stage is 81 to 83 degrees F.

Good luck!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Z-Strain Incubation [Re: Roadkill]
    #3654373 - 01/20/05 06:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I dont think that Z's

Are the same as GT's

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleDK1
Male
Re: Z-Strain Incubation [Re: Roadkill]
    #3655646 - 01/20/05 10:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

sorry wasn't really sure what they were called or knew much about the strain because the person that i got it from didn't seem to know too much about it either, i bought a bag of shrooms off him once and he said they were called star gazers so i ended up getting a jar off of him and he said they were star gazer z strain so i was just trying to find out more information. now that i know z strain is a type of cubensis i won't be calling them star gazers, lol so does anyone know where this strain of cubensis originated?

InvisibleNewf
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3655852 - 01/20/05 11:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

IThe names are trivial for the most part. I would love to see someone claim to know what strain a mush was with any accuracy by looking at a picture. Only a few mutant strains are reliably distinctive IMO.
85 degrees is ideal substrate core temp. Depending on how tightly your jars are stored together, how deep your beds are, how heavy you spawn will dictate the core temp in concert with your air temp. Always be conservative with temp. 75 degree air temp is always safe if you don't have means of measuring core temps.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Z-Strain Incubation [Re: Newf]
    #3658136 - 01/21/05 01:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

"I would love to see someone claim to know what strain a mush was with any accuracy by looking at a picture."

I have hundreds of pictures on my computer and I can tell what most of them are out of the 12 strains I've grown. Substrains are different and can alter the appearance...most everyone who has say GT's, dont have the same batch. Its much harder to spot someone elses strains...but characteristics are often seen. I can look through the grow logs and often take a guess on the strain it is if it looks like one I've grown and often I can get it right. Others do it all the time too. When its just my shit though I can definatly tell. Especially if two strains are, in my opinion, the same. I've grown pounds of GT's and Z's and other then both being solid shrooms, just about every growth charecteristic was different.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleNewf
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Z-Strain Incubation [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3658202 - 01/21/05 02:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I guess I really should have said "with reliable accuracy" rather than "any accuracy". I'm sure some people are much better at seeing the differences than me but when I grow out on plates and see 10 different types of growth from the same strain, it just seems that it's getting pretty divergent as far as fruit characteristics.
Also, what if grower #1 buys a print or syringe that has been misidentified and then trades it to 20 people incorectly id'ed? I'm sure that happens and who's going to go back and claim that they didn't get what they were told they were getting?
On plates it is pretty obvious when you have B+ or Z for example and not GT but If I didn't label them I could mix up the B+ and Z.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation