Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineChronic420
We're All TheVirus
 User Gallery

Did I F-Up?
    #3653272 - 01/20/05 01:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

My jar, which was completely covered in mycelia was stuck in a pint jar so i took a hammer and cracked it out. However, there are small shards of glass on my cake now, also I had to use my finger and push the cake down and out of the jar. There was a small piece of cake that had broken off from the main cake. They now have each been in the fruiting chamber a week and a day, but only the small portion of the cake is really white and fluffy, the big cake has remained pretty much the same. Have I damaged my cake to where i can get no fruits or is there some way to still get a couple of mushrooms? Also, I'd like to ask if it matters what color the plastic wrap is that covers the cake. From reading the TEKS it seemed that the cake just needs light to start growing, and I only had green plastic wrap. That is what I am using and I dont see why it wouldnt work, but just runnin' that by. Thanks for the help, Chronic

p.s here in texas, it has been about 40-60 degrees outside for a couple weeks, is this too cold to mushroom hunt? Thanks.

--------------------
"When you're ripe, you'll bleed out of control!" - Deftones

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Did I F-Up? [Re: Chronic420]
    #3653668 - 01/20/05 03:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

8 days isnt very long at all, give it a couple more weeks before you get worried.  just keep your RH up and fan it a few times a day. 

I dont know about the mushroom hunting maybe you should post over in the hunting forum
:jester:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3653958 - 01/20/05 04:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic420 said:
They now have each been in the fruiting chamber a week and a day, but only the small portion of the cake is really white and fluffy, the big cake has remained pretty much the same. Have I damaged my cake to where i can get no fruits or is there some way to still get a couple of mushrooms? Also, I'd like to ask if it matters what color the plastic wrap is that covers the cake. From reading the TEKS it seemed that the cake just needs light to start growing, and I only had green plastic wrap. That is what I am using and I dont see why it wouldnt work, but just runnin' that by.

Was the cake fully colonized before you put it in the fruiting chamber?

Plastic wrap onto the cake?
Please explain...you shouldn't have any Plastic wrap on the cake itself.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineChronic420
We're All TheVirus
 User Gallery

Re: Did I F-Up? [Re: Roadkill]
    #3656448 - 01/21/05 01:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Roadkill said:

Was the cake fully colonized before you put it in the fruiting chamber?

Plastic wrap onto the cake?
Please explain...you shouldn't have any Plastic wrap on the cake itself.

I believe it was fully colonized. Once it was completely white, i waited two more days then birthed it. I would have waited for primidoria but I tried to get contaminated cakes out of pint jars earlier and couldn't so I didnt want to damage the little ones. The green plastic wrap is not on the cakes, it is the plastic over the top of the terrarium. Is there a way to break a cake out of a jar without harming it? I can still see little pieces of glass on the top of the cake, thats why I thought it could be damaged. Thanks for your help, Chronic

--------------------
"When you're ripe, you'll bleed out of control!" - Deftones

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3656995 - 01/21/05 03:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The green plastic wrap will work fine as long as it's at least translucent.

The cakes should be fine. The glass won't harm them any. Just be careful not to cut yourself if you handle them.

If you're not using wide mouthed jars and can't get the cakes out, you can dig them out with a knife or spoon, into a ziplock bag. From there seal the bag and crumble the cake into dime sized peices being careful not to puncture the bag. After this you can case your cakes in aluminum trays, or tupperware or whatever you've got lying around. Just read up on casing. Lot's of newbs shy away from it but it's really not that hard at all. I know of MANY people who skipped cakes and went right into casings on thier first grow with good success.

GL and happy shrooming!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation