Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFurrySheep
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: nURHEAD
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: nycomyco]
    #2520433 - 04/02/04 11:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I dont know what it is but music and mushrooms never seem to jive with me.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrippinalice
Yes
Loc: nz
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: innernetter]
    #2523415 - 04/03/04 11:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The Mars Volta while trippin. Deloused in the comatorium. One of the best albums ever.

Anonymous

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: trippinalice]
    #2523541 - 04/04/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by user's request.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Anonymous]
    #3642272 - 01/18/05 05:05 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Estradasphere is the most intense music to listen to while tripping, or just plain sober. It changes so much, from hard metal, to salsa, in 8 measures. But they do everything, like evil carnival music, super mario tunes, surf rock, EVERYTHING!.

Also, if you like listening to Tool while tripping, try King Crimson.
And if you like eastern type music try anything from Bollywood, or go find this kick ass cd called "Tabla Beat Science".

Also, while extremely sideways on mushrooms, i got to see Praxis live at Bonnaroo, and i was about 5 feet away from Buckethead when he started to do his little shiver thing. Praxis is kind of hard to listen to while tripping, but if you can get used to it, it is great..

Also, Mr. bungle or aphex twin is great to blow someones mind with if they havent heard them before while tripping.

And for those seemingly apocalyptic and epic trips (i hope some know what i am talking about) Secret Chiefs 3 "Book of horizons" or "Book M" will make you feel like you are in a movie or about to save the world.

Offlinegjorm
Some Dude
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3644338 - 01/18/05 04:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think a lot of Opeth could be appreciated by a lot of people. A lot of songs like For Absent Friends or Patterns in the Ivy, Credence, Harvest, Drapery Falls etc. are good examples of their classical/non-death metal stuff.

Anymore, I find that Opeth is the only music to be intense enough or worthwhile to listen to these days- they're really good musicians and the songwriting has an emotional quality i've never experienced with most kinds of music. Plus all of their songs are "epic," ranging usually from 10-20 minutes in length - they take you on an awesome, huge journey.

But when tripping... I too usually cant pay enough attention to appreciate any music. :P

But a lot of people should find those songs to be very moving, well-structured and well-played songs. I definately recomend trying them out... then getting into their death metal stuff too (which is also, very awesome)
:smile:

Gjorm

--------------------
Gjorm

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: gjorm]
    #3644791 - 01/18/05 06:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

just taking this opprotunity to check if my new avatar and sig. work.

--------------------
"They call it a trip because it takes you places"
~TC

All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: deadHead321]
    #3645469 - 01/18/05 08:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I posted this in another thread, but I can't seem to get enough of music when shroomin. To me it seems to make all of the difference in the world, and definitely influences the nature of the trip. Personally I like positive and spiritual trips so that's the kind of music I prefer. I tried some heavier stuff and I could just feel negative energy seething around me, wasn't pleasant for me.

The music I really love is Indian such as Tabla Beat Science, DJ Cheb I Sabbah and even the Thievery Corporation. But Acid Jazz does well too. If you are into the ethereal sounds, try Zero 7. They are pretty mellow but very layered and it just seems to really enhance the CEV for me. Some Modest Mouse songs are good because of the varied musical structure and very eclectic sounds. Not telling anyone to stay away from the death-metal scene, but for me and my two cents, the mushroom is like a sacred instrument meant for spiritual advancement, and music has a huge profound effect on us at a sub-conscious level. Studies have shown that classical music and even techno (because of it's repetitive structure) has been very beneficial for memory in rats, whereas Heavy Metal produced the worst environment for learning. Since I take the trip as a learning experience, I want to facilitate the learning as much as possible. Cheers everyone

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #3650339 - 01/19/05 07:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The expression "musical orgasm" exists for something you know? :wink:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3653103 - 01/20/05 10:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Shpongle and Ozric Tentacles.  That's all you need.  No other artists come close to these two while tripping.  If you can make it through an entire Ozric Tentacles album while on a good dose, then you're good in my book.

To all those who don't know Ozrics, check them out, now!.  :smile:

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #3653110 - 01/20/05 10:33 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

one song i recently listened to while tripping blew my mind, i highly reccomend you guys try it out

"The Vanilla Queen" by Golden Earing. play it through once beginning to end and it will blow your mind.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineAnyColor
Stranger ThenBeans

Loc: Still Somewhere
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3653431 - 01/20/05 12:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Something that I don't think was listed before which I really enjoy listening to while tripping is Just Breathe by Telepopmusik, the song gives great vibes and makes you feel pretty chill tripping or not.

Other then that some of my other favorites are of course Shpongle, Infected Mushroom (Mushi Mushi rocks), Velvet Acid Christ (Fade Away is one of my favorites), Jimi Hendrix, Voyager by Daft punk, and the Flaming Lips (I love the "woooongs" in Yoshimi verses the Robots). It all really depends on what I'm in the mood for.

--------------------
"Its Like a Koala Bear Crapped a Rainbow in my Brain"

OfflineBooger
addict

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: AnyColor]
    #3791855 - 02/17/05 04:07 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Voyage into Trance by Paul Oakenfold!

OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Booger]
    #3793362 - 02/17/05 12:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hello... King crimson anyone?

King crimson

Moonchild
Walking on air
I talk to the wind
Epitaph
Cirkus

These will really help you understand why they call it a 'trip'

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: innernetter]
    #3793880 - 02/17/05 03:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Music is absolutly essential, and a good way to direct some of your energy.

-Beatles
-Floyd
-Beatles :grin:
-Dead
-jazz/funk
-funky jazz :smile:
-Rush
-Anything that is real "upbeat" and happy
-Nature sounds if you want to go in that direction

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: gdman]
    #3794590 - 02/17/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I feel like the only one, but I am a little dissapointed with psychedelics and music. When I first started listening to music on weed I was like "This is awesome! I bet tripping is even better!" But on shrooms and mescaline music sort of stopped being music and becomming just sound, one dimmensional sound. With the time dilation it is like I didn't even listen to it anyway, it becomes so fleeting that I just don't really feel it that deeply, like listening to music while drunk in strange way. I mean it is cool to help set my mood, but I just haven't enjoyed it as much as with weed or even sober. It was pretty cool on MDA though, but then again everything seems cool rolling.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3794716 - 02/17/05 05:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hendrix's "1983 (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)"

Now that's an experience!

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Soularize]
    #3794765 - 02/17/05 06:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yea def 1983 man

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Moxemerald]
    #3795875 - 02/17/05 09:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have found some music sucks, and some is cool. Ever since tripping one night, I have heard music completely different now. It's like I can feel bass and it somehow resonates through walls much clearer for me now. Then again I am a musician so maybe it's all relative. A few songs in particular that I really liked were:

Sublime- "Live at E's"
Modest Mouse- "Ocean Breathes Salty" and "The View"
Zero 7- "Destiny"
F.C. Kahuna- "Fear of Guitars"
Thievery Corporation- "State of The Union"
The Dining Rooms- "Numero Deux"
Brookville- "Justine"

Just a few starters

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #3796160 - 02/17/05 10:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i'm not too huge on the newest modest mouse album, but "this is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about" is bad ass.

and i agree about radiohead's kid a. "idioteque" is the trippiest IMO. i also enjoy OK Computer, it always inspires very sparkly imagery in me. amnesiac is fun tripping too.. same with hail to the thief. dunno about the first two, the bends is probably chill.

i'm a huge radiohead freak tho

check out some boards of canada, praxis, sigur ros, depeche mode's "violator" has some bad ass tracks..

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: idiotek]
    #3796460 - 02/17/05 11:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Isn't Radiohead's music the best on just about ANY drug though? Both The Bends and OK Computer are great on psychedelics, because both albums are so texturized, ethereal sounding. Some of the stuff on Kid A or Hail To The Thief would be a little too intense for my shroom trips.

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract