Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hemp, Hookah, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegoaskadam
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: San Francisco, CA
What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists?
    #3652424 - 01/20/05 07:57 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, It's only been about a year since I've been growing my own mushrooms, and I'm wondering if there are any changes in the legal safety of growing your own with the Bush administration moving into its second term. Do I have anything to worry about by buying spores for microscopy off the internet with my credit card? I wonder if I'm going to get a knock on my door in the middle of the night sometime and taken away.

Do I really have anything to worry about, and is the climate changing at all?

thanks,

Adam

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: goaskadam]
    #3652436 - 01/20/05 08:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'm wondering if there are any changes in the legal safety of growing your own with the Bush administration

It doesn't matter who is in office, you're at risk if a liberal pussy is in charge or a spinless conservative.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3652662 - 01/20/05 09:58 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

To be fair, many conservatives also believe in the current drug policy.

For shame.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3652783 - 01/20/05 10:27 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

that's what I said.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3652807 - 01/20/05 10:30 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If they believe in it they're spineless?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3652886 - 01/20/05 11:03 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

it doesent matter who is in controll when they are all dependant on the finances of corporate america.
the war on drugs exist to wipe out competition.
nike doesent want to compete with hemp pruducts.
phamacology doesent want to compete with nature and the cia sure as hell doesent want to compete with independants...
not to mention the alcohol and tobacco industry not wanting to loose ground to cheaper, healthyer alternatives...

george bush on the other hand i dont think has that big a problem with legalising lets say... cocaine...
ofcorse he cant say it out loud cuz he would be slaughtered by the sentiment that was instigated by his predecessors...

is any1 even in controll of this shit anymore?

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3652909 - 01/20/05 11:12 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Don't worry, the utlra left wing elitist social engineers are watching over us ^^

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3653106 - 01/20/05 12:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

If they believe in it they're spineless?

no, that's not what I said at all, let me rephrase: You could have a spineless conservative or a liberal pussy as president and the drug laws will be the same. Both parties are useless and do nothing but hurt americans.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN
Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3653414 - 01/20/05 02:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Vertigo6911 said:
it doesent matter who is in controll when they are all dependant on the finances of corporate america.
phamacology doesent want to compete with nature and the cia sure as hell doesent want to compete with independants...
not to mention the alcohol and tobacco industry not wanting to loose ground to cheaper, healthyer alternatives...

george bush on the other hand i dont think has that big a problem with legalising lets say... cocaine...
ofcorse he cant say it out loud cuz he would be slaughtered by the sentiment that was instigated by his predecessors...

The Tobacco companies would love to see Marijuana legal. Infact they have already patented the names they would use if legal.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3653450 - 01/20/05 02:24 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

"The Tobacco companies would love to see Marijuana legal."

Why so?

--------------------

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3653475 - 01/20/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

cuz then they could sell a pack of joints, with all these weird chemicals added to them that make them addictive.

Somehow I feel more reasured that my weed is coming from some illegal hydro farm in Canada or from an amatuer's try at growing his bagseed; shit grown by fellow stoners that I can trust. But if it became legal i would grow that plant myself, not trust some faceless corporation out to make a profit, not get people high.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3653503 - 01/20/05 02:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well technically a tobacco company wouldn't profit from the legalization of marijuana, unless it switches from producing tobacco to producing marijuana.

I can see why tobacco companies here in france would love to see legalization, since people here always use tobacco to roll their joints.

--------------------

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3653590 - 01/20/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yuck. I hear that's what most people do, but to me tobacco is wacko. I only like the flavored sticky kind that you smoke out of a hookah. Otherwise my joints are pure weed, the way it was meant to be!

I think tobacco companies are anticipating two things: that sometime in the near future, cigarettes will become illegal (or taxed so heavily that it is impossible to profit from it [Maraijuana Tax Act, anybody?]) and weed will become legal, and they are hoping that weed will become legal first so that they can switch production.

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3653610 - 01/20/05 03:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Alot of pot is grown in warehouses by people who don't even smoke it. If you get really dizzy McDank-le nugs, it's grown by people who care and just wanna make bank. If you get b-sters, it's BC warehouse weed.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3653611 - 01/20/05 03:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think one of the things scaring the feds away from legalization is the fact that marijuana is so easy to grow. Anybody can do it with a good light, soil, and water. Even if it is legalized, taxed, and regulated any Joe Schmoe can grow it in their home and not have to pay some major corporation for it.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: DNKYD]
    #3653615 - 01/20/05 03:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Alcohol is easy to make, but thats legal.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: SoopaX]
    #3653637 - 01/20/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Good point. But tell me now, are you going to make a mass quantity of alcohol and sell it to kids for a profit? Most likely not.
Now are you going to grow a mass quantity of marijuana and sell it to kids for a profit? Most likely, since that's how it works now.
If you're underaged it's not hard at all to find someone to buy alcohol for you. I'm sure if marijuana was regulated and sold in stores you could find someone to buy for you if you're underaged. But that still doesn't get rid of the fact that it's so easy to grow that all the underground marijuana markets that are intact right now have a good probability of staying intact, given the profit margin is still reasonable.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: DNKYD]
    #3657280 - 01/21/05 05:09 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

im sure they intend to make money...
however cannabis is more in conflict with manufacturers fabrics made
of polyester etc... the oil companies dont want to be replaced by a hemp farm...

anywyas the tobacco comps dont have much of a chance to compete with
independants... i dont think there is a way to keep the quality up wile working with bulk mj...
the only weed being grown commercialy now is medicinal mj and that shit is seriously sub-standard.
and thats nowhere near the scale of farming where talking about...

--------------------
My homepage

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3657284 - 01/21/05 05:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
Quote:

Vertigo6911 said:

The Tobacco companies would love to see Marijuana legal. Infact they have already patented the names they would use if legal.

I'm pretty sure that is an urban legend.

--------------------

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What does another four years of the Bush administration mean to amateur mycologists? [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #3687731 - 01/27/05 10:17 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

well ultimatly what the other dude sais about quality
makes sense.
if u look at medicnal mj its crap compared to what u can get in the coffeeshops here...
and that is grown in a lab by peaple in white coats etc...
and its not like there are alot of potheads who trust the government
to supply them with weed...

to sell weed it would have to become legal...
do u know how meny individual citizens would set up shop at that very moment?
no way the government (wich we already dispise) could ever compete with the commen man...
as stated above any fool can grow some weed and the only reason to
spen any money on it at all is because its just to risky to grow your own...

also let me quote everyones favorite stand up comedian here:

Quote:

... but alcohol is legal...
they try to sell u alcohol all the time,
on tv its nothing but: drink beer, drink beer, drink beer...
why? well because beer makes u slow stupid and docile and thats the way we like you to be...

(bill hicks)

--------------------
My homepage

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Hemp, Hookah, Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion