Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBOY
Stranger
Help me Identify These....
    #365171 - 08/01/01 11:54 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

A couple days ago me and a few of my friends went shroom hunting. Nothing special came along until my buddy found these mushrooms I've never seen before. I was hoping if someone could help me identify them. They were growing in and around a rotting stump in the woods. My location is in the southwest portion of Connecticut. The shrooms were a bright orange at first, but a few hours after picked they began to rot and turn brown. They were together in groups growing from stem to stem. They ranged from tiny ones, to the largest being around 4 or 5 inches from stem to cap. The caps were not that large, and the stems were quite thick. Also, after handling them for a while, the orange would rub off on your hands. Plus the caps were round and almost looked acorn in shape. This is all the info. I have. Sorry for not having a picture, but I hope someone can give me some info on these shrooms, and if they are dangerous to consume or not. Thanks a lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOdd_Snail
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: Help me Identify These.... [Re: BOY]
    #365173 - 08/01/01 11:56 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

they don't sound like they are normal shrooms. probably dangerous. but then i am not a certified mushroom identifier am i?

"It tastes like...burning.." -Ralph Wiggum.

>If you are not wasted, then the day is.<

--------------------
Darlene: "Ted, I got you this new nose plug to stop you from snoring at night."
Ted: "Uh yeah, and I got you this paper bag to stop you from looking like James Brown in the Morning."
Darlene: "Oh come now, I don't look anything like James Brown."
Ted: "Hey kids, who does your mom look like in the morning?"
Kids... in unison: "James Brown!"
Darlene, "All right, thats enough... It's poison spaghetti for dinner tonight."

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
Re: Help me Identify These.... [Re: BOY]
    #365193 - 08/02/01 12:17 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i just looked in my book and it looks like they might the velvet-shank (Flammulina velutipes) ths is wht the summary says:
the orange-brown cap and velvety, dark brown stem make this species easy to identify. it is one of the very few agarics that survive frosts. the gills are adnexed, crowded, and whit to pale yellow. the thin pale yellow flesh has a mild flavor; in japan, it is cultivated for cooking.
occurance: on living but sickly hardwood trees, especially willow or poplar; on weakened sites, such as where a branch has broken. more rarely found on softwoods. widespread and rather common in northern temperature zones.
then it says the cap is 1-6 cm wide, the stem is 2-7 cm tall and 0.3-1cm wide. it also says they are edible.

is this youre shroom?

sleeping by yourself at night can make you feel alone,
youre girlfriend said so, but i dont really know
Closet Cultivation

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck