Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeafmutelame
Stranger
Help me identify and confirm these mushrooms
    #3579873 - 01/04/05 02:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hello all,

Recently I purchased what was sold to me as "Golden Caps", in a high street shop in Camdem Town, in London.

I am posting some pictures of the box contents. I would like to know what is the particular scientifical name of these mushrooms and/or the common name, as in "colombian", "mexican", "ecuatorian"...etc. Thanks for your help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Help me identify and confirm these mushrooms [Re: deafmutelame]
    #3579909 - 01/04/05 02:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yummy. Definitely cubes. Psilocybe cubenis is the scientific name. To me a cube is a cube, but someone may have named it Mexican if it's from Mexico or something else depending on location, etc.

Edited by Supernova (01/04/05 02:56 PM)

Offlinedeafmutelame
Stranger
Re: Help me identify and confirm these mushrooms [Re: Supernova]
    #3580231 - 01/04/05 03:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks supernova. Yes, indeed I presumed they were cubensis. There were several boxes with different names, but the "generic" Golden Caps is all that was written on them and the guy selling them was temporaryly there, just waiting for the owner to come, so I couldn't get much more info.

Unfortunately they are going to ban fresh musrooms in UK :frown: so I was wondering if those I took were Colombian, Mexican or what, in order to try different ones the next time.

I don't really know if there is any way to tell one from another or if that is just a "marketing" thing in order to sell the same thing in different ways...

Invisiblekoraks
    #3580343 - 01/04/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

deafmutelame said:
so I was wondering if those I took were Colombian, Mexican or what, in order to try different ones the next time.

Cubensis is cubensis. It's impossible to identify a strain; they're all the same species. The differences in potency and effects are also minimal (if they exist at all...)

Quote:

I don't really know if there is any way to tell one from another

nope.

Quote:

or if that is just a "marketing" thing in order to sell the same thing in different ways...

yep.

:smile:

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: Help me identify and confirm these mushrooms [Re: koraks]
    #3581521 - 01/04/05 08:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

cubes

--------------------

Offlinetrevorda8
My home isearth.
 User Gallery

Loc: P.N.W.
    #3584815 - 01/05/05 03:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

while we're on the topic of cubes, may I ask how long it usually takes for cubes to colonize newly laid soil?
I have never found cubes before, but they seem to be pretty common arround here, so I may have a chance to find them if I knew more about them.
Thanks.

--------------------
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" -Pink Floyd.
Memories make up our lifes as we know it. Our souls are lost between time and space.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Help me identify and confirm these mushrooms [Re: trevorda8]
    #3585023 - 01/05/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

They don't grow in the P. N. W.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Help me identify and confirm these mushrooms [Re: shroomydan]
    #3587116 - 01/06/05 12:31 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

and they don't colonize soil. they grow as sapropphytes [decomposing dead organic mater] on the dung of ruminants [grass eating mammals, mostly bovine [cows]].

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3587188 - 01/06/05 12:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

buying fresh mushies from a street dealer in that good of condition.. except that fat one- funky shroom, mutated too.. Looks like 25 grams wet( wild guess) how much do all those weigh

Offlinetrevorda8
My home isearth.
 User Gallery

Re: Help me identify and confirm these mushrooms [Re: canid]
    #3651583 - 01/20/05 12:59 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, im getting confused between cubes and stuntzii. That orig question was for stuntzii. How long would it take to [naturally]colonize rich soil?

--------------------
Memories make up our lifes as we know it. Our souls are lost between time and space.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Help me identify and confirm these mushrooms [Re: trevorda8]
    #3651627 - 01/20/05 01:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

stuntzii does not colonize soil either. it colonizes wood. it is known to occur in lawns whoe's soil is rich in wood. i have no idea how long it takes in the wild with uncontrolled clamatic variables but it would be at least a season.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinetrevorda8
My home isearth.
 User Gallery

Re: Help me identify and confirm these mushrooms [Re: canid]
    #3651648 - 01/20/05 01:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Oh. Lots of "oh's" and "whoops'" going on here. As you can tell, I started this past season.
I have been seeing alot of newly laid mulch lately, so yah, That would explain why I havent seen even non-actives popping up.
You have to wait for it to begin to rot and decompose.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale