Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejimmyg080282
Stranger
Depression...
    #3650542 - 01/19/05 08:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Im 19 years old and I still have depression. Is this normal?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Depression... [Re: jimmyg080282]
    #3650760 - 01/19/05 09:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yes.

--------------------

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #3650811 - 01/19/05 09:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

When you say that you "still" have it, I assume that you became depressed as a young teenager.  Plenty of people have depression at that age.  Plenty of others have depression at age 40.  It is common for people of all ages to be diagnosed with depression.  I was never diagnosed, but I considered myself a depressed person for a long while.  Only through a lot of long, hard thought, crying, and struggling to understand my situation was I able to overcome my depression.  Do not take prescription drugs if you can avoid it.  You are depressed for a reason, that reason being that there are problems in your life that seem out of your control.  Prescription drugs (Prozac, Zoloft, etc.) are a temporary fix at best, not a solution to a problem or a cure for a disorder.  The diagnosis of "depression" is just another way to label a mind set that people can get stuck in.  I do not think it should be called a disorder or disease, because that implies that it can be treated with drugs and the problem will be solved. 

I wish I knew more details... How bad is your depression?  Has it led to suicidal thoughts or even attempts?  Has it caused changes in your social life? Do you hide your feelings from people who are close to you?  You might not believe me but talking about it does help, even if it's on a drug forum :smile:

--------------------

Offlinejimmyg080282
Stranger
Re: Depression... [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3650953 - 01/19/05 10:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't really had any suicidal thoughts but at least once everyday I get in these really sad fazes and feel hopeless. I feel that my life is pointless and what is there to be happy for. I remember when I was a kid I was always happy and energized. I loved life! Now it seems that Ive just gotten too smart and lost the magic of being a kid. My life seems dry. There is no spark. I'm always wondering if these fazes will ever end. They are too much.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Depression... [Re: jimmyg080282] * 1
    #3651249 - 01/19/05 11:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think everyone goes through that phase when life loses its luster. I am personally at this stage in life. It just seems that what differs in people is the intensity of this phase. I have never been severely depressed and I wouldn't consider myself depressed now, but I simply feel like everything is bland.
I would suggest finding something that you like or are interested in and pursuing whatever it is to the fullest extent possible. I was able to free myself from a particularly bad slump by working out like 3 days a week and focusing heavily on physical improvement. It took the emphasis away from thinking so much about bad stuff and at the same time I was doing something I enjoyed. The natural high of endorphins also helped cheer me up greatly.
When you find something that interests you, be it art, working out, or mushrooms, some of the magic of life will return because you have a new outlet to delve into and to excite you.
Hope this helps you out.

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: Depression... [Re: Twister]
    #3651298 - 01/19/05 11:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Bro I am 20 almost 21 and I still have it. I am not going to say how bad it gets sometimes because I do not want to discourage. I will say that it will get better for you though ! It always does me. My aim name is in my info or my email is JettaJay@shroomery.org or you can pm me ..... If you need to talk ... I am here Bro trying to spread the Love !!!!!!!!!!!!

~~ JJ :gd_icon: :heart: Shine On Brother

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3651403 - 01/20/05 12:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ever come down from cocaine or E?  That's an absence of the chemicals in your brain that help it communicate with itself/function.  If you're experiencing similar thoughts each day around the same time, you might want to see a doc.  Remember, we're talking about the thought/physical transitional barrier here.  Imbalance of chemicals in the brain create negative, non-physical results (thoughts or moods).  Hope you feel better in the future.  PM me if you'd care to.  Peace.  :laugh:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #3652330 - 01/20/05 04:39 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you smoke marijuana a lot, you might want to stop for a while. this helped me with my depression. If you're not happy while stoned, then there's no reason to continue smoking.

also, finding a good outdoor activity that involves some kind of exercise can help. I enjoy bike-riding, fishing, and gardening. Gardening is one of the most rewarding hobbies a person can pick-up in my opinion. it's awesome to see what some seeds, the dirt, a few choices made by you, and mother nature can produce.

also, art has helped me find an outlet for my emotions, try picking up a pen or pencil and just drawing on some paper you might have lying around when you feel depression setting in. if you can't draw whats on your mind, just keep drawing, you'll get better.

becoming health-conscious can also help. don't eat fast foods, don't drink sodas, eat more vegetables. learn how to cook, share your food with others.

I'm really just talking about stuff that I enjoy, the main thing is going out and finding what makes youself happy. for me, being out in nature makes me happiest, try to see the beauty in all of nature's creations.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale