Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetrippin_out
Shroom eater
Mushroom growing kits
    #3650413 - 01/19/05 10:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I know you've guys have probally been asked this question a million times but im jsut wondering hows this kit look. i'm not the type to build my own and i have the cash for it also round here an qp of mush is about 425 so if this kit can produce that in say a couple months it worth it for me. Also how about the strain yosterizii if anyone has grown it or has any feedback on it about potency/yeild/ ease. heres the link im think of getting kit A. thanx for the help.
http://www.shrooms.ca/yosterizii.htm for the mushroom strain and http://www.shrooms.ca/kit_a1.htm for the kit. also has anyone ordered from this website and if so how was the service and product.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mushroom growing kits [Re: trippin_out]
    #3650438 - 01/19/05 10:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That site sucks, the Keeper clown is a disgrace. Stay away from him and his junk, you'll just get ripped off.

Yeah we have been asked it a million times. Just start with the PF tek or MMGG as found in the growing tabs above. You can build your own grow chambers for a fraction of the price that those companies charge, and it's more rewarding when you do it yourself.

As for the "Yosterizii", that's just another cubensis. Keeper likes to make up his own strain names, label them as "uber potent ultra performers", and proceed to rip newbies off. I want to put my hands around his neck, and squeeze hard.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Edited by HolyDiver (01/19/05 10:18 PM)

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
    #3650446 - 01/19/05 10:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

okay the strain looks alot like Lipa Yai to me and the kit you can buy all that shit around you for a hell of a lot less than 275 so yeah i guess if your lazy and have money to throw around go for it

-mike

i suggest spend sometime on this site and save a few pennies maybe buy from a sponsor

or TLG (www.tlgexpress.com)<<<< this is my suggestion but there is alot of heat coming at them right now for some odd reason

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Edited by phantasm (01/19/05 10:20 PM)

Offlinetrippin_out
Shroom eater
Re: Mushroom growing kits [Re: phantasm]
    #3650478 - 01/19/05 10:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thanx for the advice guys and saving me money and time.

OfflineElfmachine
Stranger
Re: Mushroom growing kits [Re: Holydiver]
    #3650485 - 01/19/05 10:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yeah that seams...overpriced.

-I recommend a nice waterproof heating pad($30)

-1-2 timers, for pad + light (maybe $10 each)

-a light, maybe christmass lights or a flouro ($5-$15)

-a large Rubbermaid or 2 at least 35gal+ ($10) 35gal should just about fit 12 cakes when fruiting.  You can actually use a smaller container for incubation like...24gal or less and incubate 24 cakes then split it into 2 large containers for fruiting.

-and some cakes from www.mycrotopia.com ($55 for up to 24 12oz jars)

-syringes from www.tlgexpress.com or where ever (like $20 including shipping, tlg gives a free syringe)

-drip shield NOT in the kit, I use a plastic cover from a poster frame, didn't even have to cut it ($5)

-some perlite ($6 for 2 bags of Scotts at Home depot)
and that's all you'll need aside from alcohol, peroxide and rubber gloves (cheap as hell) and I use black plastic garbage bags for the inside walls

OOOH! and weatherproof duct tape!!! (<$5)

GOOD LUCK! It's realy not hard and actually kinda' fun. and you won't need all that shit at first, just get what u nead for incubating first....then all the fruiting stuff when u need it.

I just helped my friend get a setup together...we got everything but the perlite and it cost less than $200 I think it was about $160ish maybe less. And he's set.  :smile:

GOOD LUCK!

--------------------
check out www.island.org Started by Bruce Eisner, it's an organization trying to make Island by Aldous Huxley a reality.

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Mushroom growing kits [Re: Elfmachine]
    #3650502 - 01/19/05 10:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

why a heating pad

i would suggest the tub in tub technique with an aquarium heater (incubator)

and just try and keep room temp in the 70s for fruiting at least thats what i do my room temp keeps my fruiting chamer between 72- when the lights off -78 when the lights on thats close enough for me

-mike

--------------------

OfflineElfmachine
Stranger
    #3650543 - 01/19/05 10:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

that's good too but aqua. heaters keep breaking on me. Heating pad is fine w/ a 15min. interval timer. it prolly shouldn't be on more than an hour and needs a break. I had it on 24hours and it was fine but now I have it on 45min. w/ a 15min. break every hour. It's also nice to have in your fruiting chamber under the perlite..a lil' warmth raises the humidity nicely, my cambos. love it.

but yeah, that's just how I do it...an aqua heater would prolly be less than that like $20ish. but at least he has an idea of price and his options. TiT is fine, too.
Explore the shroomery and see what else you can do...what suites you

--------------------
check out www.island.org Started by Bruce Eisner, it's an organization trying to make Island by Aldous Huxley a reality.

Offlinetrippin_out
Shroom eater
    #3650584 - 01/19/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thanx for all the help.... i've decided to do the pf tek cake in the faqs. all i need is spore prints.. i guess being lazy almost got me ripped off.the only problem i might have is sterlize the jars and stuff but i guess i could just buy them pre-sterlized or something ill see. you guys are very quick to respond. im use to overgrow where it takes a couple hours to usually get a decent response . thanx everyone

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
    #3650607 - 01/19/05 10:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

okay first this is your first grow buy a syringe from somewhere

second just go to the supermarket and get some canning jars i like quart but most people seem to favor half pint for pf tek if your woprried about sterilization wipe them down with alcohol

-mike

http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm
pf tek i used when i started worked great i got nearly and 1/2 ounce a flush off of a casing of 1 pint

--------------------

Offlinetrippin_out
Shroom eater
    #3650608 - 01/19/05 10:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

you guys have any suggestions for good strians for potency and yeild

Offlineyoshikuni
i'm only afragment of yourimagination

Loc: New Zealand
    #3650619 - 01/19/05 10:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

oh man... i must have shit for brains.. i actually bought a kit from the keeper... the first 2 doz substrate jars he sent me grew nothing but mold.. although he was nice enough to send me a liquid myc syringe of that "yosterizii" strain.. and i made my own PF jars.. fully colonized in 2 weeks.. currently 9 pf cakes in fruiting chamber (birthed on jan15) and seems to be doing quite well.. i finally see pins! and i broke up 3 cakes to case in small trays..

i honestly do not know that strain that is.. he (the keeper) told me it was a strain from egypt.. wtf?? desert shrooms?? i thought.. whatever... when they start to mature i'll post up pics for u experts here to identify.. if only i found the shroomery before i ordered from that fool... takes forever to get in touch with him.. then when i made a trip dwn to the local wal mart and home depo i found EVERYTHING there for a FRACTION of the price.. man i'm soo pissed and cant do shit about it now...

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE KEEPER!!

--------------------
Hi there!

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
    #3650621 - 01/19/05 10:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i hear z is really good i like brazillian not big but alot of medium ones but for beginners i have heard that B+ and Golden Teachers are great

Good Luck and welcome to the Shroomery many people here will help you with your questions

-mike

--------------------

Offlineyoshikuni
i'm only afragment of yourimagination

Loc: New Zealand
    #3650652 - 01/19/05 10:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

dont mean to jack your thread..

does anyone have a "Presto" pressure cooker? i got it with the kit from the keeper and is wondering if hes sending he faulty shit.. i dont feel like having that shit blow up in my face at 15 psi

--------------------
Hi there!

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Mushroom growing kits [Re: yoshikuni]
    #3650849 - 01/19/05 11:44 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

no but presto is fine many people use that brand around here it won't explode

i said before the strain looks like Lipa Yai but now looking closer it just looks like creeper or Pesa

so if its pesa it is supposed to be more potent than most cube strains but hey who knows

--------------------

OfflineElfmachine
Stranger
    #3651084 - 01/20/05 12:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I really like palenque, very visual even in low doses (2.5g or so for me) medium sized fruits but can grow 1 or 2 big ones. Nice mexican strain, pretty fast to colonize but not as fast as braz. Super strain or cambo.
I grew these along side cambos...they're about just as strong but grow nicer on grain than cambo. Considering how fast cambo is, palenque kept up and did well fruiting in warmer temps w/ the cambos.

My friend just started some cakes w/ the super strain, they're colonizing very fast, never seen it so fast.  I don't know how strong it is but I read it's a good performer. and hawkseye claims it's more contam resistant than most (according to like an enormous bulk done w/ tons and tons of compost).

I just bought a mix and match 4 pack from TLG and they sent me 9 instead! 2 of each I asked for plus a KS ban nathan for free!
I got 2Palenque, 2 KS Super Strain, 2 Brazilian, and 2 Golden Teacher.  :cool: all for like...$44 fuckin'...awesome TLG  :cool:
I think they just had a bunch in stock and had to unload.  :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation