Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
one of my experiences
    #3650270 - 01/19/05 09:29 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I went to sleep.
As I lay there in the dark, unconsciouss.. my mind was on overdrive. I saw many relevant visions. It was as if all the answers were available to me right then and there.. I could focus my intention in any direction and accomplish any noble goal. There are no limits, I know this.

I saw the balance of yin and yang.. the ever-pushing.. ever-evolving dance of eternity. I saw its relevance to my life in every aspect. I had a complete understanding of my reality and how to control it. The visions did not slow down.. they just kept coming. I enjoyed this.. I wished for it to continue.

Continue it did. And it was a beautiful and glorious thing. I realized once again that all faults of the flesh are merely lessons of life with which to learn and evolve from. Take them in the wrong direction.. and you end up wallowing in your own miseries. Take them the other direction.. and you are liberated. The basic essence of it, comes down to learning properly from your experiences. If you don't learn the first time, the lesson comes back to you again, only more intensely, and perhaps in a different form. It will continue this way until you master the lesson, and move on the to next. This is the nature of evolution.

I was woken by laughing people around me. A kitten was sitting on my chest looking at me. The sun was in my eyes and washing it's warm life-giving rays across my physical and spiritual body. The visions quickly faded, as waking reality took hold. All these revelations I had been having, for what seemed like an eternity... slowly faded away until I could only recognize vague fragments of the profound insights I had been experiencing. They are still with me, deep in the subconscious.. but once the conscious mind took control.. they quickly retreated to the safe confines of my inner mind.

The lesson in this, I think... is that one (I) must train oneself to ease from dream state into waking reality. Train the consciousness to be less analytical.. less judgemental. A humbling of the ego is in order. Only then will the veils between sleep and waking reality become clearer.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Hooded Evolver
Loc: interplanetary wood
Re: one of my experiences [Re: Shroomism]
    #3650404 - 01/19/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Conscious Liberation.

"a new and beautiful light cast upon the world, the blissful intensity of life combined with the dematerialization of the surrounding reality and complete loss of ego triggered new and aware consciencenious; steadily evolving...."
Per Aspera Ad Astra

stop the motion
Loc: state,country,etc.
    #3650434 - 01/19/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Now that you mention dreams, I have noticed something strange in my own dreams

Over the past months I have began to recognize myself in my dreams.
In the past, my dreames seemed like they are being dreamed by someone else. Perhapse It was so because I didn't really know who I am.

Lately I have started to feel like myself in my dreams. They have started to feel like just another domain in wich I live.

I get this strange feeling that It doesn't matter where I am, in reality or dreams, it's still me, I'm still existing in these surroundings real or dreamed. That feeling is at its strongest when I wake up. I feel like I've just moved from one place to another
and that I equaliy exist as myself in both of these worlds.
As if both of the worlds are just different playgrounds for my mind.

It doesn't have anything to do with this thread, but I thought I'd post this since you have started talking about dreams

"..and suddenly it began to rain"

Male User Gallery
    #3650503 - 01/19/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

A humbling of the ego is in order. Only then will the veils between sleep and waking reality become clearer.

you mean put my ego down!? over my dead astral body! :3rd_eye:

For real tho- I think you are onto something.. All my intuitive dreams and visions happened when I just let go and sunk into the level between sleep and waking.
I find it amazing you remembered so much- memory is what I stuggle with.. If humans had a way to record the dreams and visions they have, can you imagine what amazing things this would bring about?
I really need to get back into the habit of a dream journal and trying to recall.

Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #3650536 - 01/19/05 10:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I feel asleep and I found myself in a strange relm. The house I was in was like my own, but it had many extra rooms and a bizzare attic. It was filled with evil rats, and the floor bubbled green and floated toward the ceiling. I had many short unmemorable conversations, and I found myself, after some time, fucking someone I had never met on a kitchen table in a house I had never been in.

Yet, because I have distinct memories of these imagined tales... I give them more value than the stories I only read about, or hear about from a freind. Dreams are a fickle thing, they show you glimpses of things that are unlikely to happen... and it's a different one every night.

I seem to have a need for seeking out hallucinations, as is evident in my drug use. But why do I do this? Drugs are temporary, maybe I should be focusing on what is, instead of what should be.

illegal alien

Re: one of my experiences [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #3651978 - 01/20/05 04:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't get the state of mind you were in shroomism, first you say you were unconscious, then you say that you were able to focus your intention, and that you wanted your visions to continue.
Which one is it?
OR was it more like a lucid dream?

irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: one of my experiences [Re: exclusive58]
    #3652257 - 01/20/05 05:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

it is important to build bridges between the various "selves" so that you can access the best of all you have learned.
for the visions you need more resonance than just cooperation of the selves.
that resonance comes in dreaming, during tripping, and from meditative absorption.

cooperation of the selves, and gentling of between self transitions/reactions makes for a very smooth personality.

Living TheMoment

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3652266 - 01/20/05 05:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like a spiritual awakening of sorts. Its good to hear that people are still having such experiences here! :grin:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology