Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
freeway philosophy
    #3650165 - 01/19/05 09:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

while I was stoned  :sun: my mind ran into some thoughts that combine a lot of philsophies in a neat little package, much like life does  :grin:  :stoned:

the road is free to travel on, it curves, goes up hills, through valleys, leading the observer to their destination.  you could go off road, but why when there's a paved one in front of you?

was it your choice to be in this road?  in one sense it is since you are on the freeway, but in another sense it isn't your choice because the freeway is quick.  did I say quick?  it's only quick if you don't hit rush hour traffic.

And people!!! tons of observers in their own vehicles going whichever way. 

organized chaos it is, as we only have dotted lines to dictate which lane is which.  the left lane is for those who want to go fast while the right lane is for those who prefer a slower pace.  neither one is better than the other...it just is. furthermore, these rules upon the lanes are there to help the flow of traffic.  Like always...there are those people who are in the fast lane going slow, and vice-versa.

there are so many things vying for the observer's attention.  bumper stickers with different viewpoints and even huge pieces of cardboard trying to get you to pull over and buy things. 

whatever you do on the road has an effect on the other observers, even though some times it is unintentional. changing lanes causes some to slow down, while it causes others to spped up, or even change lanes.  the more you impede traffic and the less aware you are of your surroundings, the more likely consequences occur. the more the awareness, the better the decision and the smoother the ride.

you can look in your rearview mirror to learn from the past, but you must also look forward to see what is happening in front.  you are never in the past, nor in the future.  what you do might effect what happens, but you are really only the observer in the car on a freeway to a destination.

is there a point to being on the freeway?  the only one you can think of is the reason you got on in the first place. so the only real reason to be on the freeway is to drive. in the end, vehicles will continue to keep getting on the freeway going to destination to destination.

life is an act...you can do what you want and ask what you want, but pay attention cause you're still on the road!

Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlan Stone

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: freeway philosophy [Re: kaiowas]
    #3652446 - 01/20/05 08:17 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Life is a highway.
Scorched, windy and deserted.
You are the chopper.

The above is a haiku I wrote just this week. Have you perchance read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"? If not, you can find an online version here

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Edited by Alan Stone (01/20/05 08:54 AM)

User Gallery

Re: freeway philosophy [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3652452 - 01/20/05 08:25 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology