Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
UK shroomers to face seven years in jail...
    #3648130 - 01/19/05 12:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Caroline Flint, the Labour Party Minister in charge of the Government's drugs policy, wants to end the sale of legal Magic Mushrooms in the UK with a proposal, on page 21, paragraph 21 of the new drugs bill, to ban Magic Mushrooms outright. If the clause in question were to become law, possession of a Magic Mushroom could entail 7 years in prison.

Link

This makes me really angry. They grow from the ground and have been used by very successful cultures for many centuries. It just simply sucks when the government can take away something so precious because it is a 'drug'.

Personally, magic mushrooms have undoubtably helped me to make the right decisions in life and, in short, become a better person. 'Soul-cleansing' I think could describe it. I just wish Tony Blair would log onto the Shroomery and learn something from the intelligent people here. But Labour doesn't care about us they care about votes. They have lost a young voter for life.

I mean, seven years in prison? That's ridiculous. I could go out and start robbing banks and not get seven years. But God forbid I might try to understand myself a little better, or experience something THEY haven't. Mushrooms don't even work more than once a week!!! People will just turn to more dangerous psychadelics- this isn't a good move for the population of the UK. I'm not a drone, and I am the judge, jury and executioner when it comes to my own body.

Sorry for ranting I just don't get it. It's disturbing that something like this can happen. No doubt if they are outlawed, which WILL happen (mushrooms are becoming very popular) the government will be spouting LIES about the harmfulness (ie, harmlessness) of our little umbrella buddies.

So UK shroomers, DON'T VOTE LABOUR!!

Man I've never been this political in my entire life, lol, but this is fucking stupid.

Grr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: UK shroomers to face seven years in jail... [Re: sam420]
    #3648165 - 01/19/05 12:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I thought the UK was a free country?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: UK shroomers to face seven years in jail... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3648192 - 01/19/05 12:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ya, right. Show me a "free" country, I've never seen one.

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Re: UK shroomers to face seven years in jail... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3648215 - 01/19/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

No, Tony Blair wants the UK to be another little USA. No offence, but I wouldn't want to be living over there. I don't believe everyone should be able to buy shrooms if it is becoming a problem but cultivation and consumption is a matter the goverment should stay well away from, it's an infringement of personal space.

Just look at the crime rates in Amsterdam in comparison to almost anywhere else.

Edit: spelling, sorry

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #3648231 - 01/19/05 01:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I don't believe everyone should be able to buy shrooms if it becoming a problem but cultivation and consumption is a metter the goverment should stay well away from

:thumbup:

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3648254 - 01/19/05 01:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Here in the USA we Amendment 10 of the Constitution states:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"

Which means the DEA and drug laws are unconstitutional not only in that they violate our basic human rights of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, but also that that power was not delegated to the federal government, nor denied to the state government.

Anonymous

#3648319 - 01/19/05 01:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

time for you guys to start learning how to grow your own. there's this website i know about that has a lot of good info. pm me for details.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3648438 - 01/19/05 01:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

No, Tony Blair wants the UK to be another little USA. No offence, but I wouldn't want to be living over there.

No offense taken, just remember it's not that bad here as many might thing or say. Mostly because they're still little kids.

Quote:

I don't believe everyone should be able to buy shrooms if it is becoming a problem but cultivation and consumption is a matter the goverment should stay well away from, it's an infringement of personal space.

I like to compare every drug to alcohol (i know it's a drug), alcohol in and of itself is fine, it's what you do after you're wasted that matters. I don't even have a problem with a guy sitting on his porch smoking crack, as long as whatever he does while on crack doesn't hurt anyone else.

There's a lot of people on this site that claim we as Americans aren't free mainly because of drugs being illegal when all but a couple countries out there make it legal, even amsterdam limits drugs to a point.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
Re: UK shroomers to face seven years in jail... [Re: ]
    #3648489 - 01/19/05 01:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup: I think I know the one you mean :laugh: , and a very fine site it is too.

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #3648540 - 01/19/05 01:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This is a clear example of lazy legislation caused by a knee-jerk reaction. The papers get in a flap over blatant selling, rather than look at the issue, they just make a simple phrase to a law and criminalize another load of people, who will just loose even more respect for the law.

This law does not just affect selling, growing mushrooms is now on a par with running a crack lab.

Edited by psilomonkey (01/19/05 02:30 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: UK shroomers to face seven years in jail... [Re: psilomonkey]
    #3649299 - 01/19/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So the English left England, founded 13 colonies. The colonies got pissed at England, went to war, and created their own FREE country. Then the English copied this NEW country America, and slowly adopted freedom. THEN, America started RESTRICTING freedom. Then they created drug laws. The British copied the American Drug Laws. In 2076, GB secedes from The United States of America to be FREE! The cycle continues...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinemushroom_lout
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: UK shroomers to face seven years in jail... [Re: Rose]
    #3649657 - 01/19/05 05:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.magicmushroomconsumers.org/

sign the petition etc etc, DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate