Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
If you were a parent (or if you are)
    #3647490 - 01/19/05 10:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just curious...

:sun:

What would you tell your kids about drugs?

Would you have a problem with them doing the same things you have done?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: Boom]
    #3647502 - 01/19/05 10:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I am not a parent but I don't think I'd have a problem with it. Also, if you haven't read it, this thread: Do you think children can be brought up responsibly in a "drug" enviornment

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: delta9]
    #3647529 - 01/19/05 11:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

oh... :blush:

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3647541 - 01/19/05 11:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I would just pass on my negative or positive experiences, in hopes that they could learn from some of my mistakes or put the positive advice to good use.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisiblePaou
Seeker

Loc: Transcendence
    #3647630 - 01/19/05 11:36 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'd want to teach them how to be responsible psychonauts. I'm amazed how deeply the anti-drug mentality has become ingrained even in drug users when it comes to their children. In certain tribes in Mexico, it's completely common for parents to involve children as young as 10(or younger) in peyote rituals. This isn't to turn them on to drugs, but rather to treat that sacrament with respect.

While I'm not sure I'd start my kids quite that young, I could easily see giving my children mushrooms or mescaline in some sort of initiation into adulthood. I'd make sure they understood the importance of set and setting and knowing your body. I'd teach them that psychedelics are a spiritual tool, not something just to fuck around with. I'd want them to enjoy the same kind of spiritual, life-changing experiences I've had, but I'd also want to prevent them from making some of the mistakes I've made, so I'd share my experiences with them and tell them what I've learned.

I'd actually want them to get acquainted with psychedelics before they get into weed, as the former is a tool for spiritual growth while the latter is more of a recreational pasttime. I'd wait for them to start showing an interest in weed before I'd do it with them, but after that, I'd be fine smoking with them, though I'd warn them about not letting it interfere with other aspects of their life. I'd want my kids to see me as a friend they can relate to, but also a teacher to give them guidance.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: Paou]
    #3647639 - 01/19/05 11:38 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Paou said:
I'd want to teach them how to be responsible psychonauts.  I'm amazed how deeply the anti-drug mentality has become ingrained even in drug users when it comes to their children.  In certain tribes in Mexico, it's completely common for parents to involve children as young as 10(or younger) in peyote rituals.  This isn't to turn them on to drugs, but rather to treat that sacrament with respect.

While I'm not sure I'd start my kids quite that young, I could easily see giving my children mushrooms or mescaline in some sort of initiation into adulthood.  I'd make sure they understood the importance of set and setting and knowing your body.  I'd teach them that psychedelics are a spiritual tool, not something just to fuck around with.  I'd want them to enjoy the same kind of spiritual, life-changing experiences I've had, but I'd also want to prevent them from making some of the mistakes I've made, so I'd share my experiences with them and tell them what I've learned.

I'd actually want them to get acquainted with psychedelics before they get into weed, as the former is a tool for spiritual growth while the latter is more of a recreational pasttime.  I'd wait for them to start showing an interest in weed before I'd do it with them, but after that, I'd be fine smoking with them, though I'd warn them about not letting it interfere with other aspects of their life.  I'd want my kids to see me as a friend they can relate to, but also a teacher to give them guidance.

:thumbup:

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#3647643 - 01/19/05 11:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldnt bring it up, I am sure id smoke a lil herb infront of them as youngins, maybe.

No I dont want them to do drugs ever, so I am going to hide it. I will tell them horror stories about coke and heroin. Tell them how these chemicals mess u up.

Weed is another story, I see how my life has been since my father grew me up around herb. Its been a good life. A bunch of troubles though. and most my money goes up in the sky or to the local courts. So do I realy want them to smoke........not realy, not till they got a career.

--------------------

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: delta9]
    #3647659 - 01/19/05 11:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

Paou said:
I'd want to teach them how to be responsible psychonauts.  I'm amazed how deeply the anti-drug mentality has become ingrained even in drug users when it comes to their children.  In certain tribes in Mexico, it's completely common for parents to involve children as young as 10(or younger) in peyote rituals.  This isn't to turn them on to drugs, but rather to treat that sacrament with respect.

While I'm not sure I'd start my kids quite that young, I could easily see giving my children mushrooms or mescaline in some sort of initiation into adulthood.  I'd make sure they understood the importance of set and setting and knowing your body.  I'd teach them that psychedelics are a spiritual tool, not something just to fuck around with.  I'd want them to enjoy the same kind of spiritual, life-changing experiences I've had, but I'd also want to prevent them from making some of the mistakes I've made, so I'd share my experiences with them and tell them what I've learned.

I'd actually want them to get acquainted with psychedelics before they get into weed, as the former is a tool for spiritual growth while the latter is more of a recreational pasttime.  I'd wait for them to start showing an interest in weed before I'd do it with them, but after that, I'd be fine smoking with them, though I'd warn them about not letting it interfere with other aspects of their life.  I'd want my kids to see me as a friend they can relate to, but also a teacher to give them guidance.

:thumbup:

Right On Brother !!!!! :thumbup:

~~ JJ :gd_icon: :heart: Shine On

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3647671 - 01/19/05 11:50 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with your open mindedness idea...

I'd let them experiment in their own way, telling them to steer clear of certain drugs, and give all the negetives of heroin and cocaine.

I definetly wouldn't want them to become junkies, that must be a nightmare to raise a kid that becomes a junkie.

But regarding "getting them into drugs" - I wouldn't want to trip with my kids, even if I did properly guide them. I'd leave random reading material around perhaps, and they could find out for themselves whats out there. I would answer any questions they had honestly, but I wouldn't want to dose them.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3647766 - 01/19/05 12:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #3649280 - 01/19/05 06:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I would tell them the truth....everything I know about drugs, my own experiences with them, ect, ect.....then i'd let them make their own decisions when they are old enough of course.) If they wanted to to trip, i'd want to watch over them the first couple times just to be sure, and yeah i would definately smoke and trip with my kids, once again, when they are old enough. As far as harder drugs go, after I tell them about my experiences with them (the good, and the bad, addiction, ODs, varies friends that got permanently fucked up on them ect), hopefully they won't want to do them. If they do, I will stand by them as they are my kids, but do everything in power to get them off...I don't know though, that would some hard shit to deal with.

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (01/19/05 06:24 PM)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3649387 - 01/19/05 06:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
I wouldnt bring it up, I am sure id smoke a lil herb infront of them as youngins, maybe.

No I dont want them to do drugs ever, so I am going to hide it.  I will tell them horror stories about coke and heroin.  Tell them how these chemicals mess u up. 

Weed is another story,  I see how my life has been since my father grew me up around herb.  Its been a good life.  A bunch of troubles though.  and most my money goes up in the sky or to the local courts.  So do I realy want them to smoke........not realy, not till they got a career.

Villifying drugs may only serve to promote their interest in it when they find out that the "horror stories" you told them aren't what's happening to their friends.  Then you will have breached their trust and have a whole 'nother issue on your hands that will probably affect your relationship much more negatively than any responsible drug use ever would have.

Education is important, communication and honesty as well.  Be real and trust that your children can make responsible choices. :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinecadam
The Extremist

#3649576 - 01/19/05 07:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

my parents know i do mushrooms, doesn't really bother them in the slightest, they know i am a bright person and i would of researched them and found out and decided myself that they are safe, i work and earn money and have a career ahead of me, so no one can really complain as it doesn't affect my life style! if it was something like crack on the other hand, different story.

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing
Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: cadam]
    #3649644 - 01/19/05 07:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

kids are only kids once..  when they're grown, they do what they please.  but when they're 'kids' in my hands, i'd perfer them NOT to use.  why?  i don't know, it's just a taboo with me.  it's not the propaganda "working on me," as some of you might think..

i wouldn't trip or smoke with or around my kids, either.  not until they're grown(IE, moved out, etc).  smoking weed around your kids usually leads to atleast positive thoughts about marijuana.  arguably, that's not a bad thing(i don't think it is), but i think 15 year olds could be doing MUCH more productive things than smoking.  when they've grown up and started smoking and tripping on their own WITHOUT my/my wifes influence, then using with them MAY be a possibility.  it would probably be much too akward, though.

not only that, when you're a kid.. alot of kids, myself included, despite the fact your parents are total heads.. they think that if their parents are chill with you smoking, they're down with anything.  that would not be true with me in the slightest.  ya know, "hey, my dad doesn't mind if we smoke, bring a six-pack of brew over."  kids think like that, i know i did.. :/  thing was, my parents never really knew I used, i was just being super paranoid.

you guys prob gonna call me a troll n stuff, but oh well.  it's how I feel.  i think drugs should be a conscience choice made by yourself.  parents smoking/tripping/leaving readups on various things.. that's just asking them to consider using. imo :blush:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: zSDMF]
    #3649973 - 01/19/05 08:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

A person under 20ish is still growing physicaly, mentaly and emotionaly. Talking to them about drugs is fine, but letting your underaged child use ANY drug(shrooms, weed, alcohol...) is VERY irresponsible.

Anyone who has children will understand.

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3649980 - 01/19/05 08:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
I would tell them the truth....everything I know about drugs, my own experiences with them, ect, ect.....then i'd let them make their own decisions when they are old enough of course.) If they wanted to to trip, i'd want to watch over them the first couple times just to be sure, and yeah i would definately smoke and trip with my kids, once again, when they are old enough. As far as harder drugs go, after I tell them about my experiences with them (the good, and the bad, addiction, ODs, varies friends that got permanently fucked up on them ect), hopefully they won't want to do them. If they do, I will stand by them as they are my kids, but do everything in power to get them off...I don't know though, that would some hard shit to deal with.

yes, right on :thumbup:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: niteowl]
    #3650033 - 01/19/05 08:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

werd

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3650134 - 01/19/05 09:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'd be completely truthful about it, and when they were older, let them research it on their own at sites like Erowid. I wouldn't lie or make up horror stories about any drug, because the truth is often enough to dissuade people from using harmful drugs like alcohol, tobacco and methamphetamines. After they were 16 or 17, I might smoke some herb with them, as I honestly would rather have my kids doing mushrooms or marijuana than alcohol or tobacco. I wouldn't encourage them at all to do drugs, but if they were interested I'd tell of my knowledge and experience on that matter, and when they're older have experiences with them. If they were using marijuana at 16 or 17, I'd probably give them a bit, as I'd rather not have my kids spending 20 dollars a gram on the streets when I can give them it for free, if they're doing it anyway that is.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisiblePaou
Seeker

Loc: Transcendence
Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: niteowl]
    #3650235 - 01/19/05 09:24 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
A person under 20ish is still growing physicaly, mentaly and emotionaly. Talking to them about drugs is fine, but letting your underaged child use ANY drug(shrooms, weed, alcohol...) is VERY irresponsible.

Anyone who has children will understand.

Well, I guess I'd better throw out the Nyquil and Pepto Bismol.  That'd be irresponsible of me to give drugs like that to an underage child. :rolleyes:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: If you were a parent (or if you are) [Re: Paou]
    #3652327 - 01/20/05 06:30 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Paou said:
Well, I guess I'd better throw out the Nyquil and Pepto Bismol.  That'd be irresponsible of me to give drugs like that to an underage child. :rolleyes:

Some people just have to be a smart-ass.

I think we were talking about RECREATIONAL drug use.

I dont think anyone will take Pepto just for kicks.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Community >> The Pub